**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Would you rather R2 a 6* unduped Magneto, or R5 a 5* duped Magneto? (Both classic)

ReeseSmith14ReeseSmith14 Posts: 89
edited September 2020 in Strategy and Tips

Would you rather R2 a 6* unduped Magneto, or R5 a 5* duped Magneto? (Both classic) 108 votes

Rank 2 the unawakened Six Star Magneto
62%
PantherusNZLeNoirFaineantJoeLukaDrake2078F4k3_GaM3rHenrytfu_41MkhЗАКСОЛИН16wegnerkStingerbkSw0rdMasterRoOOtsMoot4LifeMadooriCReferenceAdvmanveertherealTheLegend27Grootman1294zeezee57 67 votes
Rank 5 the awakened Five Star Magneto
37%
TheManMythLegendTerraAlex13369Jim0172Lvernon15ThunderGodRyGokuWorknprogressBrokenpseudosane10or_StrongJuggerNotgauravtheslayerCiciliatoJChanceH9RamadaHector_1475Kill_Greyphil56201Etjama 41 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Unless you have or are close to a Mutant T5CC, the awakened ability>adrenaline and a tiny health/attack boost imo.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I ranked my 5* over my 6* even though it was duped as well. 5* was max sig though and I wanted that safeguard utility. Also had no plans on taking him to R3 any time soon so I can rank the 6* at a later point once the 5*s damage is no longer viable.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Unless you’re close to forming a mutant t5 or are planning to do abyss or explore act 6 soon go for the 5*
    Considering that I just absolutely face rolled basically an entire path in the book 2 beta with the 5*, I don't see that happening any time soon

• For those of you who mentioned T5CC, I’m pretty close! Two more 10% and I’ll be there (if I would have bought the two selectors the other day I would have it)

And all I have left in game content wise finish exploring act 6.2-6.4 and the last four paths of Abyss
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Rank 2 the unawakened Six Star Magneto

For those of you who mentioned T5CC, I’m pretty close! Two more 10% and I’ll be there (if I would have bought the two selectors the other day I would have it)

And all I have left in game content wise finish exploring act 6.2-6.4 and the last four paths of Abyss

he is r3 worthy

For those of you who mentioned T5CC, I’m pretty close! Two more 10% and I’ll be there (if I would have bought the two selectors the other day I would have it)

I'd honestly go with the 6* then unless you have a better 6* Mutant that you would R3.

• No...after his buff I think he’s my best option (I have five stars of Emma and havok ranked up already)

No...after his buff I think he’s my best option (I have five stars of Emma and havok ranked up already)

Yeah, I'd probably go with the 6* then. You're pretty close to that Mutant T5CC.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Dude we literally face the same problem.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

X3 litterally pulled 6* mags yesterday but have sig 20 4/55 5*
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Qfury said:

X3 litterally pulled 6* mags yesterday but have sig 20 4/55 5*
    Are we the same person? I also have a sig 20 r4 55 mags and I also pulled a 6* mags yesterday.
  • Rank 5 the awakened Five Star Magneto
    zeezee57 said:

I ranked my 5* over my 6* even though it was duped as well. 5* was max sig though and I wanted that safeguard utility. Also had no plans on taking him to R3 any time soon so I can rank the 6* at a later point once the 5*s damage is no longer viable.

Do you find yourself utilizing the sig often? My Mags is 5/65 unduped but I have 3 mutant AGs, just haven't found it necessary. I used him a good bit exploring Cav EQ in buffed up and the mutant boost quest and just haven't felt the sig would make much impact for me.
    Makes a huge difference on stun immune matchups. Been using my mags to fight stubborn doom bosses and max sig helps me charge heavy wherever.
  • He is a natural sig 80 already
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    Here is my suggestion:

If you have 4 to 5 5 star Rank Up Gem, then go for the 5 Star Rank 5, no doubt;
    If you don't have 4 to 5 Rank Up Gem, then keep both of them in current state, until you get 1 to 2 6 star rank up gem or 4 to 5 5 star rank up gem~

If you really like him and can't wait to rank him up, rank up 5 star to rank 5, because he is awakened.

• GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★

Definitely rank up your 5* awakened one, hands down no doubt. Like peeps above have said, it's a game changer.
    Imagine ice man armor buff but on every hit, it's super important even in stunnable matchups, because it gives you a great safety mech.

Also why are you sleeping on your 6* havok dude.
    Rank 3 that beast, have him at r3 myself.

Same here, Havok is more than a beast!
  • Here is my suggestion:

If you don't have 4 to 5 Rank Up Gem, then keep both of them in current state, until you get 1 to 2 6 star rank up gem or 4 to 5 5 star rank up gem~

If you really like him and can't wait to rank him up, rank up 5 star to rank 5, because he is awakened.

Oh I have a 6* 1-2 gem, but that’s being saved for a Rainey day (whenever I can dupe my six star Nick fury)

I’m honestly surprised to see so many people siding with the five star. I guess I need to relook at his awakened ability. I have 24 rank 5 five stars (four of each class actually) then only 3 R2 six stars (duped VTD, SymSup, Guilly99) so I was leaning towards Six star version since he’d be my first rank 2 mutant and fourth overall, trying to develop that six star roster, it’s just hard when all I pull is a lot of trash! Definitely will have to rethink this one, thank you all for your input
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    I'd go with the 5*. He's awakened, so you have way more utility, and the stat increase from a 6* R2/5/65 to R3 6 star is far to minimal to make up for the loss of his awakened ability. Id take up Havok if you absolutely need one of your mutants at R3. He doesn't hardly even need to be awakened.
    zeezee57 said:

Do you find yourself utilizing the sig often? My Mags is 5/65 unduped but I have 3 mutant AGs, just haven't found it necessary. I used him a good bit exploring Cav EQ in buffed up and the mutant boost quest and just haven't felt the sig would make much impact for me.
    I've very rarely used him since I ranked him so no. But I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Plus some extra damage on heavies is always nice.

Main place I would want it is war honestly. If it saves a death in war, it's worth having.

Here is my suggestion:

Oh I have a 6* 1-2 gem, but that’s being saved for a Rainey day (whenever I can dupe my six star Nick fury)

I’m honestly surprised to see so many people siding with the five star. I guess I need to relook at his awakened ability. I have 24 rank 5 five stars (four of each class actually) then only 3 R2 six stars (duped VTD, SymSup, Guilly99) so I was leaning towards Six star version since he’d be my first rank 2 mutant and fourth overall, trying to develop that six star roster, it’s just hard when all I pull is a lot of trash! Definitely will have to rethink this one, thank you all for your input
    I understand the appeal of working on 6*s but anyone that tells you that we're past 5*s is lying or fooling themselves.

I have 10 R3s and 11 R2s for 6*s and 31 R5s for 5*s. I'm not about to pass on a more useful 5* just to rank a champ with a blue border. That's just silly

Here is my suggestion:

I understand the appeal of working on 6*s but anyone that tells you that we're past 5*s is lying or fooling themselves.

I have 10 R3s and 11 R2s for 6*s and 31 R5s for 5*s. I'm not about to pass on a more useful 5* just to rank a champ with a blue border. That's just silly
    Agreed, but in this case, he's very close to being able to R3 him.
  • Rank 5 the awakened Five Star Magneto
    While the r3 is a real gamechanger, I believe the sig ability is way too useful to ignore. If you can max sig mags, i would still prefer the 5*.
  • The votes on this have been a roller coaster...now more are voting for six star than the five star...I just don’t know now...could wait until I actually get the T5CC mutant catalyst for rank 3

The votes on this have been a roller coaster...now more are voting for six star than the five star...I just don’t know now...could wait until I actually get the T5CC mutant catalyst for rank 3

If you want to take him to R3 unduped, then do it. Not sure that would be my move but that's not a situation I've been in. It's not a bad rankup no matter which way you go honestly. It's not like you won't get a ton of value either way.
  • 3 days since I posted...another new level up will be on in a few hours I’m sure...and with almost 70 votes...

It’s almost dead even at 50-49 lol

At this point I’ve overthought this too much already, may just flip a coin (find out where my heart really lies with this)

Thank you everyone for your insight!