**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Collector

Anyone have any tips for beating The Collector? Quickest way? Best Champs?

Comments

• UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Og vision/ AOU vision(he's bugged right now tho, what a surprise right? Haha), a pretty high sig daredevil, thor can surprisingly do something, you can use night crawler to evade his is specials and have that cool deep wound ability, mordo can block his specials, but you want him duped at a higher sig of course. AA I believe should work well too.
  • NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    Hulk Smash
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    He lives by his name
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Og vision/ AOU vision(he's bugged right now tho, what a surprise right? Haha), a pretty high sig daredevil, thor can surprisingly do something, you can use night crawler to evade his is specials and have that cool deep wound ability, mordo can block his specials, but you want him duped at a higher sig of course. AA I believe should work well too.

I'll second the Thor suggestion. I had to use my whole team on him (brought Voodoo, Thor, Crossbones, NC & SL) and then had to spend a few revives on Thor but the thought was to just get as much damage in as possible per go and he was the best at it. My Hulk isn't r5 otherwise I would've brought him along too - some members in my alliance have had success using him.
  • VeggettaVeggetta Posts: 42
    Thor and Hulk worked for me. Had to use a few revives anyway.
  • AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    Hulk and drax did the job for me
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    Rafamate wrote: »
    I had a few decent runs using Magik. Check the video below. Mostly it was pure luck with limbo and power lock. As soon as the luck ran out I was toast.

https://youtu.be/hQngDGaqMww

Nice fighting.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    From what Ive heard, everyone who has commented is on the right track. Ill include just some reasons I thought were overlooked.

Any sort of power control champ: If you can get that before he gets sp1, or risk just dying before you can get it. This is why OG Vision WAS great before the bug they're refusing to fix in a timely manner. (Like really, go ahead and push every update for your benefit, but break a top champ that people paid for, then just be like, "meh, we'll get to it"? ok rant over)

Hulk: Great because when you're reviving, healing is useless. Less health = more damage for hulk

Scarlet Witch was my go-to. I didn't have hulk or vision strong enough for my uses. I would revive SW, and between MD and the random power drain/lock, Id usually get off an sp 2 for 20k-30k.
  • RafamateRafamate Posts: 38
    Another good technique to use is to hold block. Do your 5 hit combo then block until he charges a heavy attack, then you evade and do another 5 hit combo.

The reason for this is not only it opens up an attacking window, but also makes him less likely to use a special when you are blocking.

Using this method I was able to land around 20-25 hits before he reached special 3 and ended my misery.

Good luck!
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    I said this much time before....DO NOT TAKE DD,HE IS BUGGED FOR MONTHS. He will just stop evading and miss hits when u need it the most... i used storm,her l2 is crazy and she did most damage,gwenny and hulk.
    Sky_kitty wrote: »
    I said this much time before....DO NOT TAKE DD,HE IS BUGGED FOR MONTHS. He will just stop evading and miss hits when u need it the most... i used storm,her l2 is crazy and she did most damage,gwenny and hulk.

collector reduces ability accuracy, so can't rely on og DD. Good call on storm if you can get lucky enough for sp2
  • Nobody mentioned The Hood but i feel like he'd be great. While invisible he has a 90% chance to make non physical attacks miss as well as power steal while in cool down mode. Nobody tried with him?
    @Apocalypse_810 Haven't tried him/don't have him. Id be interested to hear if someone does though
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    My best luck was aou vision (I don’t have og vision) combined with max pacify and petrify. U can parry and power burn him go keep his power below a bar for a long time. U have to watch out for his tenacity though under this method. I frequently got combos over 40. I used AA and one time he did great (each bleed allegedly decreases chance at tenacity) then the other couple of fights he died instantly basically.

Cheapest way to do it: go all out on attack masteries including 3/3 courage. Do team revives and don’t use health potions.
    Star lord actually worked really well. I bet spark would work great bc of the damage he can put out
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    Rafamate wrote: »
    Another good technique to use is to hold block. Do your 5 hit combo then block until he charges a heavy attack, then you evade and do another 5 hit combo.

The reason for this is not only it opens up an attacking window, but also makes him less likely to use a special when you are blocking.

Using this method I was able to land around 20-25 hits before he reached special 3 and ended my misery.

Good luck!
    I'd rather put the fight on auto than do this.
    what if he dashed back every fourth attack. And you'd need a lot of health to withstand his block attack exception of capww2 and we all know how hard Capww2 hits. NC is your best bet. Decent damage can evade the specials. I haven't done it but an alliance mate posted a video with NC and he did it in 6trials
    @Run477 id disagree with the team revive... with SW took me 8 single revives. Of course depends on your team. She was my only viable one because I built the team around her.

Spark with his heavy power drain and damage output could be fun
    Well, it ended up being my experience that one or two team revives was cheaper. But I also brought a team of 5 champs for collector (star lord, AA, dd, vision, voodoo)
    The first two times I beat him I revived vision with solo and it was overall effectively more units (I had revived saved up so didn’t cost more in reality)
    If I had to do it again, I would probably bring Hawkeye with a power gain team
    It was easier for me to save up the single revives instead of buying team revives. Didn't spend much that way @Run477 I like the team though. Didn't have AA until recently
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    @Run477 id disagree with the team revive... with SW took me 8 single revives. Of course depends on your team. She was my only viable one because I built the team around her.

did ya think about the taunts. Bad idea
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    I used hulk mostly yesterday. Only cost 240 units. Use the small revives if you have them, block a couple of hits, get hulk smash and then deal massive damage to him. Also use your sp1. I managed a 41 hit combo using that method.
  • DhruvgDhruvg Posts: 287
    Use thor if you have him , people have forgotten him , but he is still a beast , my kicked collector's ass with it
    @SummonerB2 I did. but in my experience, collector fired off sp1 almost immediately anyway.
    SummonerB2 wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »

did ya think about the taunts. Bad idea

The point is to do as much damage as possible before he reaches l1. Spark would do possibly the most. Additional, u might get lucky and he evade the l1 the first time as well. Depends on collector’s ability reduction ability
    Additionally, you can power drain him at least once to put collector below l1