**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Corvus

Am I trippin or Corvus got a silent damage nerf. I feel like he’s been hitting a bit less.

Comments

• Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    I haven’t noticed any difference in Corvus’ damage output.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Any video evidence? What quest? What nodes?

I’m not saying he did I just feel like he’s been hitting less.
    It's your imagination. That or you're stacking armor breaks. Stacking armor breaks makes Corvus deal less damage because.... reasons.
    That bug's still ongoing?
    Sweet Jesus!
    Only when there's physical resistance in play I think
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

It's your imagination. That or you're stacking armor breaks. Stacking armor breaks makes Corvus deal less damage because.... reasons.
    Sweet Jesus!
    I've had it in AQ a few times without Physical Resistance. 2 Armor breaks drops my R2 6* damage down.
  • No_Ægon_clubNo_Ægon_club Posts: 150 ★★
    ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Sweet Jesus!
    I've had it in AQ a few times without Physical Resistance. 2 Armor breaks drops my R2 6* damage down.
    Same champs have physical resistance in their abilites
    I was under the impression that his True Damage buff ignored all armour and resistances. With that, I always assumed, rightly or wrongly, that resistances included a champions natural resistance plus any resistance buffs.

I take it this is not the case based on some of the comments above?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Shamir51 said:

I was under the impression that his True Damage buff ignored all armour and resistances. With that, I always assumed, rightly or wrongly, that resistances included a champions natural resistance plus any resistance buffs.

I take it this is not the case based on some of the comments above?

Ya he ignores resistance. Take him against something like resistor and you’ll see, same damage with 0 or 10 physical resistances
  • AnndreyGoAnndreyGo Posts: 33
    Guys .. why is Corvus not gaining any charges from hidden nodes !? (in AQ map4 )
    Is that normal !? If it's Captain America on a hidden node and I go in with Corvus .. I don't get any charges
    Can anyone explain why ? Is this happening to you guys as well? Is it a bug or something else!?
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit can someone please explain what's happening?
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    Just a doubt, shouldn't having armour breaks actually increase damage??
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Im new to the game, please help me with the some good advice.
    CG already bypasses armor, so armor breaks wont increase his damage unless his charges are down.

Lormif said:

CG already bypasses armor, so armor breaks wont increase his damage unless his charges are down.
    You're drop dead wrong. Ever parried howard the duck before hitting him?
    yes, with charges it does no more damage, without charges it will, because his truedamage/truestrike, that is available when he has charges, bypasses armor, when his charges are down he does not have truestrike.

just saying "have you ever done this" without taking into account the conditions I laid out does not make any sense.

Bypassing armour and lowering that further are two different things. English isn't my first language, but im definitely not bad at it

Think about it logically.

Corvus has a true damage buff which ignores armour and resistances. So when Corvus has this buff, no matter how many armour ups the opponent has, it’s essentially 0 when Corvus attacks.

You are now saying that inflicting an armour break then lowers armour further? So If armour is essentially 0 due to true damage, the armour break makes it a negative armour rating?!?!

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

yes, with charges it does no more damage, without charges it will, because his truedamage/truestrike, that is available when he has charges, bypasses armor, when his charges are down he does not have truestrike.

just saying "have you ever done this" without taking into account the conditions I laid out does not make any sense.
    Seriously bro? You're wrong! I do that path every day in aq.
    here is the thing, I am not wrong, you jsut dont understand how the mechanic works. I dont know what "path" you ar edoing but lets go through the details.

Howard the duck as a 6* rank 3 has 472 armor. Corvus has a 6* rank 3 breaks armor for 379.41 PER ARMOR that they breaks.

If howard the duck has no armor ups on him, when you parry him with no armor breaks you place 1 armor break, that reduces his armor to ~3. At this you are going to do the exact same damage with a hit as if you hit him with absolutely no armor breaks on him.

Now if you can stack armor breaks, for example you parry him 2 times, you have now broken his armor for 758, which will put him at a negative armor value, you will now see an increase in damage.

Corvus bypasses armor, you can call this a positive armor value if you like to be specific, if they have a positive armor value you will do the same amount of damage as with 1 armor break, because they will still have a positive armor value after that break. If you can stack you will do more.

Shamir51 said:

Bypassing armour and lowering that further are two different things. English isn't my first language, but im definitely not bad at it

Think about it logically.

Corvus has a true damage buff which ignores armour and resistances. So when Corvus has this buff, no matter how many armour ups the opponent has, it’s essentially 0 when Corvus attacks.

You are now saying that inflicting an armour break then lowers armour further? So If armour is essentially 0 due to true damage, the armour break makes it a negative armour rating?!?!
    Why dont you know armour rating can go into negatives? Haven't you ever gone past 25 hits in breakthrough node?
    We are not talking about going intoi negatives, and this is the first time, after I brought it, that you mentioned it.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Seriously bro? You're wrong! I do that path every day in aq.
    here is the thing, I am not wrong, you jsut dont understand how the mechanic works. if they have a positive armor value you will do the same amount of damage as with 1 armor break, because they will still have a positive armor value after that break. If you can stack you will do more.
    This is what i meant in the first place
    That is not what you said, you just said I was dead wrong, when I was correct, just not in the scope you were thinking of, but just in the scope of the post.
This discussion has been closed.