**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gambler's Fallacy... new change nerfs GM n Cav crystals

The odds don't stack... while you've introduced a small chance for a Nexus crystal, you've decreased the chance for a normal 5* pull. The 2 do NOT stack, they are independent of eachother. O.8 and 0.2 do not equal 1... your highest chance has been reduced to 0.8.

Comments

• SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    Its 0.8% for 5*, the 0.2% is for nexus 5* so still 1% chance if getting the 5%... but lower odds of picking the champ you want from a selection
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

It is so incredibly disconcerting so many ppl don't understand how this works... You're odds are EITHER .08 or .02... they do NOT STACK. They are separate and unique. If you flip a coin 99 times and get all tails, your chance of heads on the 100th flip has NOT increased. It's still 50/50. It's referred to as the gambler's fallacy, look it up. Your brain is playing a trick of logic based upon a false premise.

A better crystal would have been a 6* that stays at 1% WHEREIN there's a small chance for a Nexus smh

Just go read the new announcement at the top of the page. I don't need to say anything else.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

It is incredibly disconcerting how so many ppl don't understand how this works... Your odds are EITHER .08 or .02... they do NOT STACK. They are separate and unique events. You're not rolling for a regular 6* and a Nexus at the same time, you're rolling for one or the other. If you flip a coin 99 times and get all tails, your chance of heads on the 100th flip has NOT increased. It's still 50/50. It's referred to as the gambler's fallacy, look it up. Your brain is playing a trick of logic based upon a false premise.

A better crystal would have been a 6* that stays at 1% WHEREIN there's a small chance for a Nexus smh

those are totally unrelated
  • Go look at the in-game message... I double dog dare you.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★

Shamir51 said:

You have a 1% chance to pull a 6* from a Cav crystal under the current formula.

When these changes come into effect, you will still have a 1% chance to pull a 6*. Only now 20% of your 1% is a chance at a 6* Nexus.

Honestly, it really isn’t that difficult to grasp.

That is NOT what the in-game message says, how many times do I have to repeat myself
    And yet the forum post is very clear on this 🤷‍♂️
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,237 ★★★★★
    Ok. I'll bite. Your chance at a normal 5* pull hasn't changed at all. It's still 1%. The Champs in that pool are the same ones in the Nexus. Only, with a Nexus, you have your choice of 3 outcomes, rather than one. Which is the highest outcome now. Unless you prefer 1 option and no choice.
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★
    well if you have a 99% chance to NOT pull a six star, then you must have a 1% of pulling one- right? It could be broken up 10 different ways within that 1% but is still the same.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    If the game rolls 1% chance to get 5* then there's 0.2% chance to get a Nexus 5*.

In GMC the game first decides between 3*/4*/5*
    If 5* was decided, now there's a small chance that you don't get a 5* champ but 5* Nexus crystal instead.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020

It is incredibly disconcerting how so many ppl don't understand how this works... Your odds are EITHER .08 or .02... they do NOT STACK. They are separate and unique events. You're not rolling for a regular 6* and a Nexus at the same time, you're rolling for one or the other. If you flip a coin 99 times and get all tails, your chance of heads on the 100th flip has NOT increased. It's still 50/50. It's referred to as the gambler's fallacy, look it up. Your brain is playing a trick of logic based upon a false premise.

I think you the one that doesn't get it so let's explain. Your conclusion is that there is less of a chance at a 6* where it was 1% before now it's 0.8%. The post states that you get either a 0.8% chance at a 6* or a 0.2% chance at a 6* nexus which still gurantees a 6*. Your claim is that both cannot stack and I don't understand why since the outcome of the 0.8% variable and the 0.2% varible is a 6* either way so essentially you still have a 1% chance at a 6* it's only a 0.2% chance to have a choice between 3 6*s. (I'm not entirely sure if we are talking about 5*s or 6*s since you jumped between the two but it is a minor detail to my overall point.)
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Kade7175 said:

Shamir51 said:

You have a 1% chance to pull a 6* from a Cav crystal under the current formula.

When these changes come into effect, you will still have a 1% chance to pull a 6*. Only now 20% of your 1% is a chance at a 6* Nexus.

Honestly, it really isn’t that difficult to grasp.

they addedd a 5th variable to the algo so now you dont have a 1% chance you have a .8% chance per roll and an extreamly low .2% chance per roll. This is not in our favor at all and the fact you are out here on fire defending this is insane. They should never decrease the chance it should always go up especially because we have r3 6* and are on track for r4 and the 6* pool is soo bloated. The computer used to roll 4 variables at the higher rates. Now the computer runs 5 at lower rates that refresh every roll. If our luck stacked and every 100 we had that .8 and .2 then yes a 1% but this system is now .8 and .2 every roll. How many 4* uc have you pulled from a loyalty crystal? How many 5* punishers have you pulled? How many times have you hit that 225 unit pull? This is not good for the players. They need to bump the chance up to 3% to adjust for the 5th variable we are noa up against.
    If the odds of pulling a 3*, 4*, or 5* in the cav crystal didn’t increase, then the odds of pulling a 6* could not have decreased.

There is still a 100% chance you get a champion from that crystal. It’s the same thing as the featured crystal odds; first the game determines the rarity it rewards, then it determines if it will award the “weighted” champ or pick randomly from the pool.

To put it in simpler terms, there’s a 99% chance you won’t get a 6*, but a 1% chance you will.

There is also a 20% chance that 6* you pull will be a nexus, and an 80% it won’t be.