**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hulkbuster Rankup Doubts!!

Hi Guys,

Wanted to know if Hulkbuster is worth ranking up. I recently pulled him as a 5* and was thinking since he has the armor up buff he would be a good counter for Havok as I dont have any decent tech Havok Counter yet.

So would Hulk buster be a good choice to rank up?
Answers Appreciated :)

Thanks & Regards
KdRa

Comments

• Options
    Soyheyor123Soyheyor123 Posts: 395 ★★
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    I took him to 5/65, and he is very powerful and useful once his armor break and at least one shock are applied. Don’t believe that you have to stick to the SP2 cycle. He does plenty of damage using SP1 and dropping heavies when the opponent is safely stunned. The awakened ability is great for long paths (like boss rush) and dragged out fights (Cavalier Apocalypse). I played the final Apocalypse fight 6 times now and going on 7, and HB is 6/6 for one-shotting or getting real close to one-shotting him.

He’s also great for the Cavalier map with Scarlet Witch.

So yes, rank him.
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    I answered the other post with good reasons to rank him, and my vote is still yes. He’s more useful and hits harder than most champs. His signature can get him back over 50% health from nothing. He stomps Cavalier Apocalypse.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

I answered the other post with good reasons to rank him, and my vote is still yes. He’s more useful and hits harder than most champs. His signature can get him back over 50% health from nothing. He stomps Cavalier Apocalypse.

Mine is unduped on both accounts
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I took mine to 5/65. Fun to play, just gotta get used to throwing specials into the block.
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    HB’s damage is just too satisfying....

I was struggling if it’s worth to rank (post-buffered) HB to R5.

After I did it, and brought it to this month Cavalier Difficulty Quest, I felt no regret.

He could finish the apocalypse with a very very clean fight.....

I always pair HB with Stark-Spidey, which makes his SP damage even insane.

He may not be the necessary one to R5, but won’t let you disappointed if you R5 him
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    He was my MVP for varient 2 100%. Rank him up
  • Options
    KdRa_IIKdRa_II Posts: 86
    Wow! Thanks guys for the suggestions :) thanks a ton for clarifying all the doubts. Will be taking him up without question now..

Once again guys.. Thanks a bunch to everyone!
    @Soyheyor123 @Aomine_Daiki10 @GAMEOVERJames @Colinwhitworth69 @MCOCMcdonalds @mbrace

Thanks & Regards
    KdRa
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    KdRa_II said:

Wow! Thanks guys for the suggestions :) thanks a ton for clarifying all the doubts. Will be taking him up without question now..

@Soyheyor123 @Aomine_Daiki10 @GAMEOVERJames @Colinwhitworth69 @MCOCMcdonalds @mbrace

Thanks & Regards
    KdRa

My pleasure~

Share you a video and let you know how powerful he is: Laminating Cavalier Apocalypse!

https://youtu.be/XDFMG6II6yg
  • Options
    KdRa_IIKdRa_II Posts: 86

KdRa_II said:

Thanks & Regards
    KdRa

My pleasure~

Share you a video and let you know how powerful he is: Laminating Cavalier Apocalypse!

https://youtu.be/XDFMG6II6yg
    Wow :D wonderful Play! thanks @GAMEOVERJames for the inspiration :)
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    My Rank 3 Hulkbuster solo'ed UC Apocalypse. Damage output is satisfying.
  • Options
    unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★
    CHONKS