**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mysterio is affected by ability reduction

MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
edited November 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
We all know that while his helmet is active, Mysterio is immune to concussion and any AAR.
Well... I found out that, against the Glancing mechanics, he suffer from ability reduction.
Video proof here: at 60 seconds I land my 5th hit, a medium hit. That hit has been glanced and I didn't receive my chemical gas.
https://streamable.com/nhitd
PS: sorry for the awful video quality, I'm poor

Comments

• MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    Hello there. Now we have a new champion with glancing effect. Storm Pyramid X is able to shut down Mysterio. Mysterio should be immune to Ability Accuracy Reduction, right?
    https://streamable.com/33w39g

As you will notice, after evading the sp1, I tried to build another chemical gas, but the 2nd medium dealt didn't give me that chemical gas.
    Then, tried to make the 4th light in order to heal block. No heal block, since the 4th hit glanced.
    It's from 4-5 months that there is this bug.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Glancing is NOT a type of Ability Accuracy Reduction. At least from my 6 years of experiences playing this game.

I hope that explains why your Mysterio couldn't get his Chemical Gas.

Has nothing to do with ability accuracy reduction but it is just his offensive ability that will trigger from his attack (the chemical gas) being glanced.

• bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    My bad. I was wrong then. With that in mind, Mysterio should be able to get his Chemical Gas after his second Medium.

Have you tried to give them a ticket about it? You can try report them through the in-game setting and from my observation, they seems to get in touch with you much faster than replying in here.

There are a lot of other stuffs to address too.
    Yes, I already sent the email the first time I found out it.. I was told that they sent the information to technical Team
  • Jack_OHaraJack_OHara Posts: 92
    I had the same problem with Chemical Gas not activating after the second medium being used against Storm (Pyramid X). Took a few tries to get 3 of them and I was confused, didn't realize that it was an AAR problem.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★
    Mysterio is immune to defenisve ability accuracy but not offensive ability accuracy as nothing beats glancing
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    Bendy said:

Mysterio is immune to defenisve ability accuracy but not offensive ability accuracy as nothing beats glancing

I know Kabam have responded (thank you), but the comment above is just plain wrong. His passive states “Mysterio’s ability accuracy cannot be decreased...”. It mentions nothing about being limited to defensive abilities. Would be good to see this ability working properly in game.
    Haji_Saab said:

Glancing trumps everything in the game. I am not sure why Zibiit said what he said.

That’s not what his abilities state though. It doesn’t say “cannot be reduced except for glancing, which trumps everything “ 😂😂
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    @Zeezoos

I think I read his statement differently than you did. I think he agrees with you.

He said that CURRENTLY, Mysterio is being affected by Glancing.

It seems that he shouldn't be affected by Glancing. By "getting this interaction cleaned up", I think he means that they are going to try and fix this bug.

That's my interpretation of his comment...that this is a bug that's being investigated. Hopefully he can clarify.
    I agree with you @Mirage_Turtle and I also agree with what Kabam Zibiit said.

I am disagreeing with @Haji_Saab and @Bendy ...or at least disagreeing that it’s limited to defensive AAR and that glancing should be a special case.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Zeezoos said:

I agree with you @Mirage_Turtle and I also agree with what Kabam Zibiit said.

I am disagreeing with @Haji_Saab and @Bendy ...or at least disagreeing that it’s limited to defensive AAR and that glancing should be a special case.

Fair enough.

I hope this gets the attention it deserves.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    If this be seen as "Immune to ability reduction" = "Abilities will always proc", then this will become the same explanation as CG vs Glancing where Reduction > Guaranteed. Not very sure but it is what is happening. lol
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I don’t recall a time when black widow ever negated glancing, when was the change?

Tmk glancing has never changed aside from taking away the ability to guaranteed crit against it.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    I remember using 4* black widow vs Ant Man on the thorns node in the first alliance war map. It’s before she was nerfed so it wouldn’t really apply to the current BW.
    edited September 2020
    Any news on this bug found on November 2019? Mysterio, immune to ability Accuracy Reduction, gets an ability Accuracy Reduction.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Any news on this bug found on November 2019? Mysterio, immune to ability Accuracy Reduction, gets an ability Accuracy Reduction.

Same for archangel actually.

Something's really wrong all around...
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    Is the same situations with Awakened Mephisto, he must be immune to ability accuracy reduction but he's not.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

There are 2 parts to glancing. 1a. the damage reduction and 1b. the inability to Crit. 2. 100% AAR.

Mysterio, OML and AA (and maybe others) all are subject to part 1, but SHOULD NOT be to part 2.

What does this mean? It means that characters SHOULD have the damage reduction, but not their abilities should still proc. For example, even if Mysterio gets glanced on 2nd M, it should never prevent him from procing Gas.

Glancing has always been bugged. Wasn't Strom X glancing sp's and preventing abilities tied to them from procing? Has that even been fixed?
    Hello there, another update coming soon but no mention to this interaction. Can we have further information about it?
    Best regards,

MøstWantëd
    hello, I'm waiting