**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Kappa2g said:

I'm pretty sure you guys have the statistics, but how many players actually had a R3 6 star when they completed their first run of 6.4?
    The two milestone requirements simply do not match up or have any close relationship between them.

They are meant to be separate. They are 2 fold here. We could have just made it get 1x Rank 3, but then somewhere down the line, people will get Rank 3s before they complete Act 6, and that doesn't hit both milestones.
    Honestly, if you guys want people to 100% Abyss before getting this title, do it. It just makes way more sense than involving RNG into titles.
    RNG isn't involved, really. Other than amassing enough of one Class. Holding out for the best options is not a part of the requirement.

i suppose i'm in the minority that agrees with Kabam Mike ... it's not RNG. it's a choice. do you have 6* that you could take to R3. most people, YES. is it the one you want to take to R3? probalby not. maybe. who knows but the fact remains you have one that you could if the title is that important to you.

the requirement didn't say a 6* Rank 3 Titan Champ. it just said a 6* Rank 3 champ. pick one. any one. BUT i totally get it when resources are scarce. just saying ... the title CAN be achieved with any Rank 3 champ.

Perhaps, but it's not worth stressing out that much about. It's a step up, for sure. Just not that deep. People can wait to Rank the Champs they're working on, and they're not going to suffer.
    You fail to understand the actual issue. Offers are tiered based on these titles. I'm the leader of a top250 ally, not everyone has r3s. We are all grinding for the black friday offers. Now the same units will buy different things, due to RNG in rankups, which is rubbish. Not skill, not time, just sheer luck.
    The other changes, I could care less about. Offers, yes. Thats what im concerned about.
    There's always going to be some requirement, and people are always going to complain about it because every cutoff means some will be left out waiting, and some will make it. That's inevitable.
    This is a weak excuse. It is a fake gate for something that has already been done. Take your weak sauce roundabout justification out of here.
    If it was a fake gate for something that's already been done, people wouldn't be here complaining about it.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    ValBr111 said:

Actually hold on. In my first post I said the second requirement (if any), should be initial abyss completion. But honestly, if they're "Aiming this title at those who 100% abyss", MAKE IT THAT. Make it initial completion of act 6, and 100% Abyss. YOU CAN DO 100% ABYSS WITHOUT ANY 6 STARS AT ALL. You guys are trying to lock this title behind spending or extreme luck, and are doing a poor job defending it.

I think they didn’t do that since this is technically a “story progression” milestone.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,808 Guardian
    edited September 2020

i suppose i'm in the minority that agrees with Kabam Mike ... it's not RNG. it's a choice. do you have 6* that you could take to R3. most people, YES. is it the one you want to take to R3? probalby not. maybe. who knows but the fact remains you have one that you could if the title is that important to you.

the requirement didn't say a 6* Rank 3 Titan Champ. it just said a 6* Rank 3 champ. pick one. any one. BUT i totally get it when resources are scarce. just saying ... the title CAN be achieved with any Rank 3 champ.

Perhaps, but it's not worth stressing out that much about. It's a step up, for sure. Just not that deep. People can wait to Rank the Champs they're working on, and they're not going to suffer.
    You fail to understand the actual issue. Offers are tiered based on these titles. I'm the leader of a top250 ally, not everyone has r3s. We are all grinding for the black friday offers. Now the same units will buy different things, due to RNG in rankups, which is rubbish. Not skill, not time, just sheer luck.
    The other changes, I could care less about. Offers, yes. Thats what im concerned about.
    There's always going to be some requirement, and people are always going to complain about it because every cutoff means some will be left out waiting, and some will make it. That's inevitable.
    This is a weak excuse. It is a fake gate for something that has already been done. Take your weak sauce roundabout justification out of here.
    If it was a fake gate for something that's already been done, people wouldn't be here complaining about it.
    Of course they would. They did something, now you gate their achievement. Do you read what you are writing?

EDIT: now i noticed who I was responding to. Never mind, never mind. Guardian of Justice is here.
  • Ebony_Naw said:

Etjama said:

Kappa2g said:

I'm pretty sure you guys have the statistics, but how many players actually had a R3 6 star when they completed their first run of 6.4?
    The two milestone requirements simply do not match up or have any close relationship between them.

They are meant to be separate. They are 2 fold here. We could have just made it get 1x Rank 3, but then somewhere down the line, people will get Rank 3s before they complete Act 6, and that doesn't hit both milestones.
    Honestly, if you guys want people to 100% Abyss before getting this title, do it. It just makes way more sense than involving RNG into titles.
    100% Abyss is still lower than we're aiming for, honestly. This title is aimed at people that probably already have teams of Rank 3 6-Stars, but we want to make it more accessible. Again, this was originally going to be for somewhere in the next Act, which would have been aimed at players with multiple Rank 3 Champions.
    I'm a bit confused by this lol. So you're goal was to keep this title at a threshold of player who has explored Abyss, but you decided to make it more accessible? Um... thanks?
    Not just at those that had explored Abyss, but would have little trouble with it.
  • CatapoulpeCatapoulpe Posts: 101
    Will there be any Throne breaker deal for cyber weekend ? I'm saving all my units for this so if I can't buy it then tell me now and I would use my units to do the Abyss
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I honestly think it is a good thing in the long run. It sets the target high rather than something like cavalier which is accessible within like a month of playing the game.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

People are overreacting. Chances that you've explored act 6 and done a path in Abyss and lack a r3 are low.
    They're nerfing act 6 and book 2 is coming out with new avenues for t5cc
    There's 2 10% from cavalier monthly as well as things like side events and one off events
    There's no rush to get it day one as there's no new calendar or anything crazy that you're missing out on

Doesn't matter if you have all the T5CC in the game when you don't have a 6* worthy of R3 that would benefit your roster.
    If you've progressed that far and don't have any r3 worthy champs you've been screwed by rng.
    Which is nothing new to this game
    Yes. But locking something that has been skill based all this time behind RNG is a 5 leaps backward
    Do you think titles haven't been rng dependant before.
    I spent 3 months locked behind cavalier because I couldn't pull a 5* bleed immune for crossbones. At that point I already had lol completed as well 3 variants and act 5 explored.
    This game has been the personification of RNG. I would love to see it changed but I don't see why people are acting like this is their first time dealing with Kabam

Of course they would. They did something, now you gate their achievement. Do you read what you are writing?

EDIT: now i noticed who I was responding to. Never mind, never mind. Guardian of Justice is here.
    It's just not an unreasonable goal for what it is and what comes with it. That's the only thing I'm defending. If it was a ludicrous expectation, I'd probably be more silent. The simple fact is, you need at least ONE R3 for the Title. That's it.
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    You can and people are "easily" beating and exploring the abyss with 5* r5 champs. People are beating and exploring act 6 with 5* r5 champs. Ranking up has never been part of previous progression titles and it doesn't make sense to include one now that is so RNG dependent. In reality, if you are in a try-hard alliance, you only r3 a champ that gives you prestige because that's how the game has been made to be.

Just say you only want this new title to be for those who have done abyss 100% and call it a day. Initial completion of act 6 doesn't even require an r3 champ and most have already completed it with 5* r5 champs.