**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

HI_guys said:

Kaloco14 said:

I appreciate this and the benefits look awesome overall especially the ones you’ll be adding progressively overtime but I don’t understand the r3 restriction seriously I’ve had act 6 completed for a couple months now and I’m almost half way done with exploration and I did everything else else in the game accept abyss and I’m still only half way there too a tech and cosmic t5cc I feel like it shouldn’t have that restriction cuz most players th at just completed act6 won’t have a r3

I know that nobody wants to hear this, but if there's where you're at in progress, you're just simply not ready for this yet. This is not aimed at Summoners that are still completing this content.
    How about this people who have explored act 6 and still don't meet the requirements? Theya r also not ready?
    No, they are not. Unless you have Rank 3 6-Stars on your team, this is not aimed at you.
    So this progression point update is far from the reach of free to play players

Though I applaud you but I don't have any money to sprinkle in the air as I clap
    Not really. If you've noticed, T5CCs have become more available the last few months. Not in spades, mind you. They're still being paced. There will be more in the future, and part of that means having requirements for future perks such as this which aren't immediately accessible, but not unreasonably attainable. There will be more. It's also not necessary to spend. Perhaps if you have less patience, but spending has only ever accelerated things. That's all it does. Speed up time.
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    Kaloco14 said:

JChanceH9 said:

Kabam promised to do better in the future in the roadmap. The r3 restriction is a major transgression on that promise. Include a t5cc selector in act 6 completion rewards, or get rid of the r3 restriction full stop.

@JChanceH9 Ok, ok, I'm with everyone on the RNG part but there should be NO T5CC selector in Act 6 initial rewards. Who the hell, in their right mind, would ever think that.
    In exploration rewards that’d be fair as it takes forever and is hardest content in the game probably even more than abyss
    Abyss is def harder to do without as many units. I'm almost through my Act 6 exploration (stuck on 6.3.3 Mysterio but have the rest of 6.3 100%) and it's a bit annoying but that's alright. Abyss, on the other hand, restricts you to a small pool of champions and costs well over 20k units to fully explore.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 771 ★★★

JChanceH9 said:

JChanceH9 said:

Kabam promised to do better in the future in the roadmap. The r3 restriction is a major transgression on that promise. Include a t5cc selector in act 6 completion rewards, or get rid of the r3 restriction full stop.

@JChanceH9 Ok, ok, I'm with everyone on the RNG part but there should be NO T5CC selector in Act 6 initial rewards. Who the hell, in their right mind, would ever think that.
    I don’t think there should be a t5cc selector in completion rewards, and don’t know anyone who thinks there should be, so, who in their right mind would require the use of a t5cc to claim the title?
    Because the title is supposed to be for people that are farther along. I've been saying that Kabam should've just left it at Act 6 100% and been done with it. They're being very unclear about certain aspects but overall I'd say that this title is not for people who have done their Act 6 completion.
    Farther along in that they have the horsemen ranked up, or resources to complete abyss and RNG in their favor to r3 someone? I simply disagree.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

DNA3000 said:

Etjama said:

Kappa2g said:

I'm pretty sure you guys have the statistics, but how many players actually had a R3 6 star when they completed their first run of 6.4?
    The two milestone requirements simply do not match up or have any close relationship between them.

They are meant to be separate. They are 2 fold here. We could have just made it get 1x Rank 3, but then somewhere down the line, people will get Rank 3s before they complete Act 6, and that doesn't hit both milestones.
    Honestly, if you guys want people to 100% Abyss before getting this title, do it. It just makes way more sense than involving RNG into titles.
    100% Abyss is still lower than we're aiming for, honestly. This title is aimed at people that probably already have teams of Rank 3 6-Stars, but we want to make it more accessible. Again, this was originally going to be for somewhere in the next Act, which would have been aimed at players with multiple Rank 3 Champions.
    So what I am I hearing is that this was planned to roll out in book 2 as part of long term plans and isn’t something you can put off. Being that you pushed back book 2 due to feedback you now need to get this into the game before upcoming events so future plans are not also disrupted.

The progression requirements were meant to be much more restrictive but since the content to meet those requirements has been delayed you need to at least put in something similar?
    I suspect it might be less an issue of delay, and more an issue of structure. Act 6 and Book 2 were originally envisioned as traditional end game content in my opinion. They were designed under the idea that if most players can't do it, too bad. But as the philosophy has changed to be more like everyone should *eventually* be able to do it, and the difficulty and rewards should be more of a graceful step up from Uncollected to Cav to beyond within that content, the title made less sense to embed within Book 2, because Book 2 would not place as high of a progressional burden.

At the risk of oversimplifying, I think Thronebreaker is intended to be an end game title (today, before future titles supplant it), but completing Act 6 and even Book 2 is no longer seen as only an end gamer's activity. So instead Kabam wanted to shift from a content-clearing title like Uncollected or Cav to something else that is more correlated with end game accomplishments, and rank 3 rank ups was the obvious next choice. But while content-clearing titles are pretty binary, either you did them or you didn't, rank ups are more hazy because different people rank up at different paces. Some players rank up quickly, some want to rank up more deliberately, and of course things like spending affect how much rank 3 resources a player might have independent of progress. So Kabam decided to ease off of "multiple rank 3s" as being the marker of an end game player for the purposes of the title, and require just one to make sure that the requirement wasn't so high that it cut off too many end game players from the title.
    Pretty much how I feel. With the severe reduction in story content difficulty, there's not really too many other ways they can segment off sections of the playerbase besides also including a measure of roster strength/size.

I understand people not liking it but with the new direction in content design it's not surprising they also revisited title requirements
    So explain to me how someone who has barely completed Act 6 belongs in that group while someone who has explored everything doesn't.
    The likelihood of someone that has explored "everything" having zero R3 options is basically slim to none. Is it possible and are there probably a small number of people out there in that situation? Absolutely. It's not remotely going to be the norm or even slightly common
    It doesn't have to be everything, there are so many players with no R3 that have explored Act 6. Why should people that lack the skill or time to do so be rewarded because their luck is good while those who do have the skill and/or time don't get rewarded because they aren't lucky?
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    I know that there have been a few cases recently where a lot of public outburst has caused kabam to reverse their decisions but I have to ask please do NOT reverse this decision. I'm fairly sure this thread is just a lot of loud people saying the same time (rng yadayadayada) but I also think the loudest might not of even done 6.2.6 let alone the grandmaster as just like to complain.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★

Ya_Boi_28 said:

No matter how many times I make the point, people still overlook it. What you're working with in your Roster has, is, and will always be, another measure of progress.

Having the highest available ranking of champion doesn't necessarily determine progress. BG didn't have an r3 for the longest time. Imagine if he didn't r3 torch? Then what? Just think about that for a second. You probably have a rough idea of how big his acc. is. However, had he not took up torch, he wouldn't be eligible for this milestone. That's worrisome imo.
    BG is the wrong person to measure these complaints on. He all but quit the progression game late last year to focus on other things and only recently returned to it after the pandemic got in the way.
    It's not an example of common measure. It's more of a counterexample
  • Tonym7879Tonym7879 Posts: 17
    Arsoz said:

Rookiie said:

Because of the requirement to Rank 3 a 6-star, which puts pressure on summoners who don't have good 6-stars to R3, or the right T5CC

Eventually you will get the needed resources and a good 6 star
    Why should it be about R&G instead of skill? That makes zero sense! The whole rank 3 thing is just dumb.
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    Act 6 already features roster restrictions. Placing the Thronebreaker title (and associated increased rewards, resources, & opportunities) behind another roster restriction is pretty disappointing.

Making the achievement contingent on the rarest resource in the game seems like a pretty poor choice. It doesn’t take skill alone to get the title, but RNG is added to the mix now. We’ll see players using resources on champs they maybe wouldn’t otherwise rank up to get a title, due to bad luck with t5cc draws.

It also seems like it will create a chasm similar to the initial issuing of Cavalier. There were players with the skill to do it, but lacked the exact required counters due to 5*/6* RNG and roster restrictions.

There are some really ugly 6* rosters out there, and it seems kind of punitive to require an investment of resources that are difficult to get as well as reliant on luck. To lock the title behind investing rare resources into the rarest champion tier just compounds the reliance on lucky RNG.

There are players who can do an initial act 6 completion run who have 6* rosters with headliners like (max sucky example): double duped Groot, unduped Iron Patriot, both unduped Cyclops, unduped Korg and unduped Aegon. There’s a great player to take to R3, but he depends on his awakened ability. The rest of the luck is awful. No Thronebreaker for this Summoner.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

DNA3000 said:

Etjama said:

Kappa2g said:

I'm pretty sure you guys have the statistics, but how many players actually had a R3 6 star when they completed their first run of 6.4?
    The two milestone requirements simply do not match up or have any close relationship between them.

They are meant to be separate. They are 2 fold here. We could have just made it get 1x Rank 3, but then somewhere down the line, people will get Rank 3s before they complete Act 6, and that doesn't hit both milestones.
    Honestly, if you guys want people to 100% Abyss before getting this title, do it. It just makes way more sense than involving RNG into titles.
    100% Abyss is still lower than we're aiming for, honestly. This title is aimed at people that probably already have teams of Rank 3 6-Stars, but we want to make it more accessible. Again, this was originally going to be for somewhere in the next Act, which would have been aimed at players with multiple Rank 3 Champions.
    So what I am I hearing is that this was planned to roll out in book 2 as part of long term plans and isn’t something you can put off. Being that you pushed back book 2 due to feedback you now need to get this into the game before upcoming events so future plans are not also disrupted.

The progression requirements were meant to be much more restrictive but since the content to meet those requirements has been delayed you need to at least put in something similar?
    I suspect it might be less an issue of delay, and more an issue of structure. Act 6 and Book 2 were originally envisioned as traditional end game content in my opinion. They were designed under the idea that if most players can't do it, too bad. But as the philosophy has changed to be more like everyone should *eventually* be able to do it, and the difficulty and rewards should be more of a graceful step up from Uncollected to Cav to beyond within that content, the title made less sense to embed within Book 2, because Book 2 would not place as high of a progressional burden.

At the risk of oversimplifying, I think Thronebreaker is intended to be an end game title (today, before future titles supplant it), but completing Act 6 and even Book 2 is no longer seen as only an end gamer's activity. So instead Kabam wanted to shift from a content-clearing title like Uncollected or Cav to something else that is more correlated with end game accomplishments, and rank 3 rank ups was the obvious next choice. But while content-clearing titles are pretty binary, either you did them or you didn't, rank ups are more hazy because different people rank up at different paces. Some players rank up quickly, some want to rank up more deliberately, and of course things like spending affect how much rank 3 resources a player might have independent of progress. So Kabam decided to ease off of "multiple rank 3s" as being the marker of an end game player for the purposes of the title, and require just one to make sure that the requirement wasn't so high that it cut off too many end game players from the title.
    Pretty much how I feel. With the severe reduction in story content difficulty, there's not really too many other ways they can segment off sections of the playerbase besides also including a measure of roster strength/size.

I understand people not liking it but with the new direction in content design it's not surprising they also revisited title requirements
    So explain to me how someone who has barely completed Act 6 belongs in that group while someone who has explored everything doesn't.
    You know you could focus on abyss exploration in place of act 6 exploration and get more resources for units spent. Abyss has been out for 8 months, I know people who've done exploration but haven't explored a chapter of act 6.
    Act 6 exploration is going to lose value not long from now with the nerfs that are scheduled and have already started taking place. Using it as the base for the next progression level ain't the play
  • ChiefGoatChiefGoat Posts: 102
    Donrefre said:

I’m in same situation

Got a skill T5CC and have complete act 6.4

I have nick fury as six star but unawakened I guess I’m just going to have to do that now

At least unawakened Nick Fury is better than all my skill 6 stars...

... combined 😂

Do it! you wont regret NF at R3, even unduped. the 6* boosts in Act 7 work great with him
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

I know that there have been a few cases recently where a lot of public outburst has caused kabam to reverse their decisions but I have to ask please do NOT reverse this decision. I'm fairly sure this thread is just a lot of loud people saying the same time (rng yadayadayada) but I also think the loudest might not of even done 6.2.6 let alone the grandmaster as just like to complain.

Yeah I'm really hoping they find their spine again on this one
    ChiefGoat said:

Donrefre said:

I’m in same situation

Got a skill T5CC and have complete act 6.4

I have nick fury as six star but unawakened I guess I’m just going to have to do that now

At least unawakened Nick Fury is better than all my skill 6 stars...

... combined 😂

Do it! you wont regret NF at R3, even unduped. the 6* boosts in Act 7 work great with him
    I loved those Boosts. Definitely a good direction for additive rather than restrictive. Sorry for the side bar. Just saying.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★

even so

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

DNA3000 said:

Etjama said:

Kappa2g said:

The likelihood of someone that has explored "everything" having zero R3 options is basically slim to none. Is it possible and are there probably a small number of people out there in that situation? Absolutely. It's not remotely going to be the norm or even slightly common
    It doesn't have to be everything, there are so many players with no R3 that have explored Act 6. Why should people that lack the skill or time to do so be rewarded because their luck is good while those who do have the skill and/or time don't get rewarded because they aren't lucky?
    They have to draw a line somewhere. An act 6 completion is barely much more tasking than getting cavalier now. The gap between the bottom of cavalier and the top is so massive its almost people playing different games.

I wish the title would have been behind 100% act 6 AND a R3 personally. They've given a much more lenient requirement. The fact that so many people are upset just shows you how easy it is to get a completion run done now.

That’s entirely the problem, they’ve dangled this title (and some sweet rewards upgrades) in front of people who having achieved one part of it are miles away from the second.
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    Is throne breaker's target is to demand money from those who completed 6.4 and needs t5cc selector, nexus 6* crystal ??
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

even so

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

DNA3000 said:

Etjama said:

Kappa2g said:

They have to draw a line somewhere. An act 6 completion is barely much more tasking than getting cavalier now. The gap between the bottom of cavalier and the top is so massive its almost people playing different games.

I wish the title would have been behind 100% act 6 AND a R3 personally. They've given a much more lenient requirement. The fact that so many people are upset just shows you how easy it is to get a completion run done now.
    Just read my last message. I would like to see someone's reaction to that cause there's absolutely no way around it.
    HI_guys said:

Odachi said:

Yeah I'm really hoping they find their spine again on this one
    You act like responding and rectifying based on feedback is a bad thing
    It can be. Listening to feedback is never a bad thing. Making too many conflicting adjustments based on it can be a detriment. Considering they've altered Act 6, redesigned Act 7 (very successfully from what I've tested myself), and made changes throughout the game for improvements, there's no question they are striving for that. There will be some things that come to pass which must be held in place, and there's always going to be some that don't like it.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

Why couldn't they wait until they do all the changes to act 6 before rolling this out? Some of us have been waiting to finish it until these happened. It was a huge reason why they had to do the road map, so it's fair to say it was a majority of the playerbase.

I guess it shows how much my interest in this game has shifted over the last year or two. Before, when they rolled out cavalier I felt the need to push and get it as soon as possible, but now I'm more just annoyed with the requirement of the rank 3 (when these tiny amounts of tier 5 shards based on RNG haven't got me close at all). I have 3 rank 2 six stars, one duped who is worthy of rank 3 - and getting the necessary tier 5 mystic to rank them has been extremely slow and mostly because I cant choose which class I'm getting.

And that I'm waiting to push for completion because I knew there were changes coming. Some have been made but not all of what they indicated in their road map. Why did this need to come out now when they're not even 6 months into the changes they announced this summer? Just seems confusing and goes against what I thought they understood from the pressure that led to the announced changes.

there is no way that if you haven't even finished 6.4 yet that you have a rank 3 6*. just no way.
    I literally said my duped six star is rank 2, but WORTHY of rank 3. I don't have a rank 3 six star yet. That's the entire reason I commented. Not sure what you missed on my comment buddy