**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I ranked up for diversity, but now you penalize the decision?

NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
The title says enough. I didn't to a ton of rank ups, but yes, I ranked up some to up my diversity points, but now you guys nerfed diversity? This seems a little like backwards progress

Comments

• Options
    8406GR8406GR Posts: 55
    Hey kabam changed the game, not the character so according to them it's your faul for being reactive to their measure. Welcome to business101.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    They intended for Diversity to be Ally-wide. There was an issue that caused it to be per BG. They said specifically that they were working on it, and would let us know when it was reverted back to Ally-wide.
    As a result of feedback presented by the Players, they decided to keep it as per BG. This allows Allies to have multiple Champs spread out over BGs. Fact is, we were the ones who requested it and pointed it out. So, now you have more Champs Ranked. Not a bad thing.
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    They didn’t nerf diversity. They changed the points but the system is stilll the exact same. Play for max diversity and hope to win on rating

I'm not following this logic or more specifically your use of "nerf." At what point is a Nerf a Nerf? Reducing it from 125 to 50? What happens if it's reduced to a measly 1 point? Yes the system is intact but that doesn't mean that it hasn't been significantly changed since the system itself is based on points. Whether 125 to 50 is a significant change remains to be seen. But based on the changes and their explanation, the 125 to 50 point change is certainly intended to be significant, hence the request for rank down tickets.
  • Options
    I never said rank down tickets, but the knee jerk reactions are costing people.resources
  • Options
    VartoxVartox Posts: 202
    They said they were working on adjusting things
  • Options
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    The Points were changed because it was intended to be a tiebreaker, and not as significant as it was. They're still in process. If people are having doubts, it might be best to wait until the final product is finished before Ranking.

If this were the case perhaps they should have said that themselves

They don't usually advise people on what to Rank and what not to Rank. They've said more than once in the 15.0 Thread that they're still making revisions.
  • Options
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    They intended for Diversity to be Ally-wide. There was an issue that caused it to be per BG. They said specifically that they were working on it, and would let us know when it was reverted back to Ally-wide.
    As a result of feedback presented by the Players, they decided to keep it as per BG. This allows Allies to have multiple Champs spread out over BGs. Fact is, we were the ones who requested it and pointed it out. So, now you have more Champs Ranked. Not a bad thing.

Who's this "we"? You mean the vocal minority?

We, as in the Player Base.
  • Options
    Anything for some compensation...
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Be honest! They screwed up war and continue to screw up it's roll out. Defender kills need to come back. Unless these new nodes are really difficult the war will be decided as soon as match making ends.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

Don't feed grounded he's a troll

He's a troll? What about the people who constantly start idiotic threads about the same exact topic like rank down tickets because they lack the intelligence to understand their own stupidity?
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    125 to 50 is not significant at all. Maximizing diversity is still what gets the most points. You need 25k higher rating than your opponent for each champ in diversity that don’t place. I see no change in how the next week of aws will be played versus this last series. They changed points and nodes but the scoring system will still have the same outcome of defender rating deciding a match that is 150 to 150 on diversity. @thanks4playing

Your logic for RDTs doesn’t make sense since those are for changes to the champions, stats, attributes, etc. not for content changes. Summoners should rank up new champions for new content.
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Well, magik is not.a total waste. Useful in some quest fights. But yeah, the other 4 will never see the playing field again. So much for diversity. All they've done is lock me into 5 different champs that I place every war without fail.
  • Options
    KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176
    It's staying permanently as a diverse per BG setting. They stated that about a week ago that we all stated our cases and because of players speaking out it will not be reverted to ally wide. For now... lol
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Magik hasn't been on my defense in a few months. Solid attacker

Not that that helps your situation
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,094 ★★★
    I feel your pain. I just took up hulkbuster to 5/50 for diversity and I’m about to vomit.
  • Options
    HawkeHawke Posts: 46
    Listen, Kabam makes lots of stupid mistakes and ignores basically everything posted in this forum. BUT AW is improving! Seriously, is there anything people WON'T complain about?
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    125 to 50 is not significant at all. Maximizing diversity is still what gets the most points. You need 25k higher rating than your opponent for each champ in diversity that don’t place. I see no change in how the next week of aws will be played versus this last series. They changed points and nodes but the scoring system will still have the same outcome of defender rating deciding a match that is 150 to 150 on diversity. @thanks4playing

Your logic for RDTs doesn’t make sense since those are for changes to the champions, stats, attributes, etc. not for content changes. Summoners should rank up new champions for new content.

@Deadbyrd9

I'm uncertain on how significant these changes will be when we actually play, so I'm willing to take your word on it. But strictly from a mathematical standpoint, there is no denying that 125 (or 150) to 50 is a drastic reduction.

Concerning the premise behind RDTs, I don't agree with Kabam's distinction between direct changes to the champ and indirect changes to the environment/content. For example, let's say Kabam releases the next season of AQ, and every node on every map has a heal block debuff. Don't you think this change, even though not a single champ was directly changed, warrants some kind of compensation for those who invested in regen champs--whether you call this compensation RDTs or not? .
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Honestly I don't think the point reduction is going to change things that much. The nodes are where big changes should happen. Not sure if they will or not. If people are still getting 100% then diversity will still probably be the determining factor, unless attacker kills are way skewed. Next few wars will tell. Chances are we just went two weeks to get an update that won't help much. Let's hope for the best though.
  • Options
    NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    They didn’t nerf diversity. They changed the points but the system is stilll the exact same. Play for max diversity and hope to win on rating
    With this logic they didn’t nerf DS either. They just changed his heal and fury and power gain and everything else but DS is still intact.
  • Options
    I don’t want or need compensation for anything. I just want to game to be fun again. Luke Cage is not a great or even a good defender. IronMan, Thor, Ronan, Capt Marvel, SheHulk, HulkBuster, Hulk, IronFist, Angela, Psylocke, BlackWidow, WarMachine, Falcon, Vision, KingPin, SpiderGwen are not great or even good defenders. Plus note the true list goes on. 80% of the Champions in game are very very very easy to beat on a War Map because we know all of there moves, all of there skills inside out. I have hit the Arena for every single Champion that has a chance at being a good defender...Dormammu, Mordo, Hood, Magik, NightCrawler, SpiderMan (classic) SpiderMan (BlackSuit) Quake, Electro, IceMan, AgentVenom, Rouge, CrossBones, Hype, Medusa, BlackPanther (Civil War)....the list can go on as well. Every single champion I posted here is 5/50 sig99. Here is the issue: my Alliance Mate has the very same Champions 5star rank3 or rank4 so what do I do with all these Maxed Out 4star Champions now??? Is my whole War inventory is useless??? Do I want RankDown tickets...No I do not. Do I want Compensation....No I do not. What I would like is for the Game to simply work. If going for +15,000,000 points in the Arena is going to get me a Champion or Champions that will see zero action why play the game??? Kabam keep things simple. It’s War. It’s all of us vs all of you. Think about it. Again I don’t want anything from you. However I would like for the game to just work. Do you think you can do something like that?
  • Options
    danielmath wrote: »

Don't feed grounded he's a troll

He's a troll? What about the people who constantly start idiotic threads about the same exact topic like rank down tickets because they lack the intelligence to understand their own stupidity?

I literally never said rank down tickets or asked for compensation, they need to start becoming more transparent with their intent on these rollouts, they are not giving the community and player base what it wants to see, and it's getting frustrating working to win in this week's version of AW just for the next weeks to be different
  • Options
    Really easy to see why there is so much frustration here. @BrianGrant and @Seatin have put some good content out there both basically saying this is another form of “Alliance questing.” Defender kills made this game format fun, competive, and gave losing a character during attack a purpose.

I’m overall a fan of diversity as a tiebreaker. We haven’t been losing wars since our alliance communicates well (aka perfect scores in diversity). We needed diversity instead of rating and it addressed some MD issues in war, although minorly. I’m excited to see the new nodes but ultimately they can continue to adjust and tweak all they want but until Defender kills come back, I personally (and feel free to agree anyone else) see this as a money grab or resource grab by Kabam. It also makes this format emotionless which sucks because it was my favorite part of this
    Game :(
  • Options
    This latest update really does make it feel like a money grab, I agree