**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does mcoc support the sony experia play

Just wondering because if so I was really considering getting one again

Comments

• Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    Can any of the game team please confirm or deny this?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    no,

1) it is a console not a mobile device.
    2) its hardware is too low.
    Lormif said:

no,

It is definitely a mobile device.. And when I had it it was running android kit Kat which this game definitely supported at one point...ni offense but id rather have an answer from someone who actually knows what it is...
    Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

no,

It is definitely a mobile device.. And when I had it it was running android kit Kat which this game definitely supported at one point...ni offense but id rather have an answer from someone who actually knows what it is...
    Itis not a mobile device as in it is not a smartphone or tablet, it is a console. you are not ging to consider a 1st gen game boy a mobile device.

The current ssytem requirements for the game is

CPU quad for 1.8 ghz snap dragon or adreno 504.
    The play has a single core 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S2 MSM825
    Memory 2GB
    The play has 512M
    OS android 5
    The play runs on Android 2
    Lormif said:

Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

no,

Itis not a mobile device as in it is not a smartphone or tablet, it is a console. you are not ging to consider a 1st gen game boy a mobile device.

Memory 2GB
    The play has 512M
    OS android 5
    It was literally and android phone it was not a console.. It could be used as a controller for one though and mine def had 16 GB of memory
    Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

no,

Memory 2GB
    The play has 512M
    OS android 5
    It was literally and android phone it was not a console.. It could be used as a controller for one though and mine def had 16 GB of memory
    12G is the highest on the market. Even the Ray, its successor only had 512M. Dont confuse storage with memory
    Lormif said:

Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

no,

Memory 2GB
    The play has 512M
    OS android 5
    12G is the highest on the market. Even the Ray, its successor only had 512M. Dont confuse storage with memory
    Do you have one in your possession to check its Google play store for mcoc?
    Do you work in kabams IT department?
    If not then id rather you keep your opinions to yourself as you are not them and you cannot answer for them!
    Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

no,

Memory 2GB
    The play has 512M
    OS android 5
    If not then id rather you keep your opinions to yourself as you are not them and you cannot answer for them!
    It is a forum, if you want people not to speak on the post and just an aswer from kabam then send a support ticket.
    http://kabam.force.com/PKB/KbContactUsForm

I know the devices specs, easy to look up, and I know the require spes KABAM themselves have stated are required.
    Lormif said:

Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

no,

Memory 2GB
    The play has 512M
    OS android 5
    It is a forum, if you want people not to speak on the post and just an aswer from kabam then send a support ticket.

I know the devices specs, easy to look up, and I know the require spes KABAM themselves have stated are required.
    Apparently you dont know too much about its specs if you think its a game console and not a smart phone.. I posted on forums in hopes someone who owned one could give an answer.. And to be honest from what I looked up about its specs it said it was a 3g phone which it did come as a 3g phone when I got it but not long after 4g came out it had an update and it started showing as 4g instead.it also kept having updates until android kit Kat at the least because thats when mine broke and knowing at&t to be honest I wouldnt guarantee it actually became 4g tho because it wouldnt be the first time they mislead their customers
    Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

no,

Memory 2GB
    The play has 512M
    OS android 5

Apparently you dont know too much about its specs if you think its a game console and not a smart phone.. I posted on forums in hopes someone who owned one could give an answer.. And to be honest from what I looked up about its specs it said it was a 3g phone which it did come as a 3g phone when I got it but not long after 4g came out it had an update and it started showing as 4g instead.it also kept having updates until android kit Kat at the least because thats when mine broke and knowing at&t to be honest I wouldnt guarantee it actually became 4g tho because it wouldnt be the first time they mislead their customers
    A 3g phone as apposed to a 4g phone means the antenna and network it connects to, not the memory size.

Here is the phone
    https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_play-3608.php
    MEMORY Card slot microSDHC (dedicated slot), 8 GB included
    Internal 400MB 512MB RAM
    PLATFORM OS Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread)
    Chipset Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon S2
    CPU 1.0 GHz Scorpion
    GPU Adreno 205

The chipset does not support android kitkat, which requires a 1.2 processor. It could probably be put on there, but the other requirements would not match..

Even if you could get MCOC on that device you still would not want to play it.,
    Lormif said:

Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

Urkel2 said:

Lormif said:

no,

Memory 2GB
    The play has 512M
    OS android 5

A 3g phone as apposed to a 4g phone means the antenna and network it connects to, not the memory size.

Here is the phone
    https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_play-3608.php
    MEMORY Card slot microSDHC (dedicated slot), 8 GB included
    Internal 400MB 512MB RAM
    PLATFORM OS Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread)
    Chipset Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon S2
    CPU 1.0 GHz Scorpion
    GPU Adreno 205

The chipset does not support android kitkat, which requires a 1.2 processor. It could probably be put on there, but the other requirements would not match..

Even if you could get MCOC on that device you still would not want to play it.,
    Thanks still going to ask support just to be sure and I'll post their reply here since with the new "supposed" failed prototype of it's successor showing up for sale in Alibaba has now made its way to Reddit 2 days ago I'm sure I wont be the only one wanting a solid answer to this question since people who have just discovered it are already wanting Sony to make a ps5 compatible version
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    I think your best shot is contacting the support via support ticket.
    Daddrieda said:

Thanks I think forums are a bit slow running today I actually just said I was going to a few minutes ago
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    To play MCOC you need a device with Android 6 or higher and 64 bit processor.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Urkel2 said:

Daddrieda said:

Thanks I think forums are a bit slow running today I actually just said I was going to a few minutes ago
    Yeah I got you. The issue is that people don’t really know what phone is good for mcoc. You could get a brand new iPhone XR and the game still lags out of nowhere. While we’re on it with iPhone XR I take two groups that have iPhone XR, but I split them up. One group play the game just perfectly fine while the other group despite having the same phone still face issues with lags and some random bugs. So in a way it makes things difficulty to know what phone is great even if the game team told the requirement to play the game. I understand you just wanted to know if the phone you specifically mentioned is able to play mcoc on it as in if mcoc was available to the phone.

Hell I own a iPhone 6 and a buddy of mine got iPhone 8 but his lags so much while mine also lags, but not that crazy much.
    Mcdonalds said:

TRONG94 said:

Sony Xperia is not a phone, LOL - then mustn't it be a toaster?

No a potato
    It must be the component that brought the bravest of all the little toasters to life...
    Sorry guys been real busy crusin down the street in my Sony experia play