**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• LouisW89LouisW89 Posts: 126
    In-Game Name: LouisW89
    Device and Model: OnePlus 7T
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 28.2.0
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Since updating the game, it crashes after about 5 minutes of play. Doesn't seem to matter whether I'm fighting or in menus. Menu pages won't transition and fights get stuck on the fight won/lost animation. If I close the game and restart, it won't log in. Only fix is to restart my device which gets me another 5 minutes or so of play before it crashes again
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    Presumably some testing must be done.
    Going along that line of thinking, there must be some devices that run the game as intended and Kabam know what they are.

Thecurler said:

No fix in the update. Absolutely pathetic.

Agreed. The game is still **** and their response is "the game wasn't meant to be played on a high fps device".

Thanks Kabam. Highly appreciate the effort taken to screw with us.
    Yep, infuriating. Looks like it's time to get an iPhone.
  • In-Game Name: AntonioJr242
    Device and Model: Positivo Twist (2018)
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: all
    Game Version Installed: 28.1.0
    Game Mode: all
    Description of the Issue: After this update (Red Goblin and Cosmic Rider), the game is no longer supported. Please give assistance.
  • Javito_PJavito_P Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: Javito P
    Device and Model: Motorola G6 Plus
    Device Operating System: Android 10 (in Android 9 was the same)
    Game Version Installed: 28.2 now
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue: stuck several seconds after "fight"button. Game slow in general, mainly transitions. gets hard to perform 5-combo now, it gets slower and mostly I get only 4-combo and get hit by deffender. The special attacks get blocked several times, timing was changed. in AQ if you press fight button when less than 20 secs remaining in the fight, it takes seconds and you get out the fight and looses half life. So many bugs I cannot remember all of them.
  • ChumpyjoeChumpyjoe Posts: 17
    Yeah these new extended loading times are garbage. You guys seriously need to fix this. An update should improve performance, not make it worse. This is your job. I can overlook some things but this is getting ridiculous.
  • ChumpyjoeChumpyjoe Posts: 17
    Ok
    Ok now you guys are costing me arena points.
  • TheGrtGunTheGrtGun Posts: 22
    edited October 2020
    In-game name: THE_GRT_GUN
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy A21s
    Device OS: 10.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Happens with both but I normally use wifi
    Game version:28.2.0
    Game mode : event quest and arena
    Description: Just as I updated, I almost immediately noticed an increase in the loading time( from less than a minute to almost 5 minutes) and there is always a constant connection issue sign on the screen even though my wifi works Absolutely fine. I keep losing connectivity, and hence most my arena matches end up in losses and I even had a war death due to this.
  • Electr1fy_2Electr1fy_2 Posts: 2
    There is an issue with my game i am not able to log into the game it happens since i updated the game i have aw to join how i am i suppose to do that now
  • Electr1fy_2Electr1fy_2 Posts: 2

• mihovkrismihovkris Posts: 4
    I'm on an Android device.
    After the last update, it takes me ages to log in. I have to switch to 4G sometimes in order to log in.
    My network is not the issue.
  • AlphaChaosAlphaChaos Posts: 20
    Thecurler said:

Presumably some testing must be done.
    Going along that line of thinking, there must be some devices that run the game as intended and Kabam know what they are.

Thecurler said:

No fix in the update. Absolutely pathetic.

Agreed. The game is still **** and their response is "the game wasn't meant to be played on a high fps device".

Thanks Kabam. Highly appreciate the effort taken to screw with us.
    Yep, infuriating. Looks like it's time to get an iPhone.
    LOL. Changing platforms because of a poorly developed game. That's a new level of low for us.

I was hoping it would be fixed once summoner showdown is done, but I honestly have no idea whether its still on-going or finished. That's the only logical reason I could find for that useless game engine update.
  • NOOOBNOOOB Posts: 5
    In-game name: NoobWillDoUHard
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy edge
    Device OS: 10.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Happens with both
    Game version:28.2.0
    Game mode : log in
    Description: since the new update, I'm not able to log in the game at all

Ps. Rebooted phone + reinstalled the game and still not working.
  • HassaanHassaan Posts: 5

After the update game isn't starting.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra
    Plz fix this issue
  • Dylanc0405Dylanc0405 Posts: 43
    In-Game Name: DylanC0405
    Device and Model: galaxy note 20 Ultra
    Device Operating System: 10.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both wifi and Verizon
    Game Version Installed: update that happened sept 28 2020 .

Description of the Issue: ever since the update the game takes forever to even open and load. I've timed it and on average its taken about 4 minutes to open the game
  • TerrianTerrian Posts: 16
    In-Game Name: Pelumi Banjo
    Device and Model: Infinix Hot 2 X510
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Wi-Fi
    Game Version Installed: 28.2
    Game Mode: Can't update the game
    Description of the Issue: I can no longer update the game on Google play store anymore. It says my device is not compatible.
    Please reconsider making the game available for Android 6.0 to 10.
    Please reconsider this decision.
  • TerrianTerrian Posts: 16
    edited October 2020

In-Game Name: TforTerrian
    Device and Model: Infinix Hot 2 X510
    Device Operating System: Android 6.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Wi-Fi
    Game Version Installed: 28.2
    Game Mode: Can't update the game
    Description of the Issue: I can no longer update the game on Google play store anymore. It says my device is not compatible.
    Please reconsider making the game available for Android 6.0 to 10.
    Please reconsider this decision.
  • In-Game Name: McLovin
    Device and Model: Google Pixel 2
    Device Operating System: Android 11
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Description of the Issue: I can't get past the loading screen. I have downloaded the 80mb update and it worked once I logged in but when I got on later it wouldn't let me pass the loading screen. Deleted the game and reinstalled downloaded a 693mb updated in the game and it worked once now I can't log in again
  • Reza72Reza72 Posts: 5
    In-Game Name: Master Reza
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy A30
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: Not sure which one but the latest version
    Game Mode: Log in

What a joke! since new update I can't log in game unless I wait about ten mins and watch problem with connection until the pass appear so that I will be able to play!

Please fix this!

Thanks in advance!
  • ImAdudeImAdude Posts: 5
    Im on a Note9, latest firmware, 9layed before work at like 4 am and now i cant log in
  • King_8King_8 Posts: 6
    In-Game Name: King 8©
    Device and Model: OnePlus 6t
    Device Operating System: OxygenOS 10.3.5
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Description of the Issue: Not able to log in when using WiFi. Problem is all the time.
  • KyungseokKyungseok Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: Kyungseok
    Device Model: Vivo Y81i
    Device Operating System: Android 8.1.0
    Cellular or Wifi: Cellular. I only use mobile data when playing since we don't have wifi connection. I started playing the game again since January.
    Game Mode: Story quests, Alliance wars and quests, Arena, Event quests, Side quests, switching thru menu, logging in
    Description of the Issue: In champ select, it takes a minute or two before the loading screen. There are same issues in alliance wars/quests, however, since it takes a while before it starts to load, the timer is already done. This causes me to lose half of my selected champion' hp, and i also lose the attack bonus.

Another issue is the crashing of the game. When switching thru the menu, there is always a slight delay before i see the loading screen. And after some switching, the game just hangs or lags and then crash the game. Also, when i do quests, sometimes i cannot complete a quest without the game crashing. I cannot even do my initial clear for alliance quests in some instances because the game would just crash. Worst case i experienced is the game crashing in the middle of the fight. Sometimes it's okay because the game lets me restart the fight. But most of the time it won't let me fight again and that selected champion just loses half of its hp or he's just dead. In arena, it's just another L which makes me lose my multiplier/points.

And recently, just yesterday or the other day, it takes almost an hour before i can enter the game. Sometimes, it just won't let me in. This happened since i updated the game. It's the last day of mutant treasure island and i have three (3) accounts (one main, two baby/smal acc). I cannot grind those spicy rewards if the game will not let me in. I will attach a photo below of what i see or encounter when i try to enter the game. I hope this gets fixed ASAP. Thank you.
  • KyungseokKyungseok Posts: 2
    Kyungseok said:

In-Game Name: Kyungseok
    Device Model: Vivo Y81i
    Device Operating System: Android 8.1.0
    Cellular or Wifi: Cellular. I only use mobile data when playing since we don't have wifi connection. I started playing the game again since January.
    Game Mode: Story quests, Alliance wars and quests, Arena, Event quests, Side quests, switching thru menu, logging in
    Description of the Issue: In champ select, it takes a minute or two before the loading screen. There are same issues in alliance wars/quests, however, since it takes a while before it starts to load, the timer is already done. This causes me to lose half of my selected champion' hp, and i also lose the attack bonus.

Another issue is the crashing of the game. When switching thru the menu, there is always a slight delay before i see the loading screen. And after some switching, the game just hangs or lags and then crash the game. Also, when i do quests, sometimes i cannot complete a quest without the game crashing. I cannot even do my initial clear for alliance quests in some instances because the game would just crash. Worst case i experienced is the game crashing in the middle of the fight. Sometimes it's okay because the game lets me restart the fight. But most of the time it won't let me fight again and that selected champion just loses half of its hp or he's just dead. In arena, it's just another L which makes me lose my multiplier/points.

And recently, just yesterday or the other day, it takes almost an hour before i can enter the game. Sometimes, it just won't let me in. This happened since i updated the game. It's the last day of mutant treasure island and i have three (3) accounts (one main, two baby/smal acc). I cannot grind those spicy rewards if the game will not let me in. I will attach a photo below of what i see or encounter when i try to enter the game. I hope this gets fixed ASAP. Thank you.

Just want to add. The 90mb in-game update took an hour, whereas the 40+mb game update in play store just took 5 mins less
  • harsh8029harsh8029 Posts: 10
    edited October 2020

Everytime I enter the game it shows a connection issue and it takes a lot of time just to log into the game.... Help me with this kabam.
    Device name: redmi y2
  • ImpalerImpaler Posts: 28
    Device: leeco lemax2
    Game version: 28.2

Since this new update the frame rate in game has decreased drastically making it impossible to do any fight properly. Oddly enough, when I tried to take evidence and record my screen, the frame rate increases slightly, making it better to play but still, far from what's needed and what I had with the 28.1 version of the game.
    It's incredible how you guys can screw up on every update....
  • yash98yash98 Posts: 68
    okay, so i previously posted a couple times regarding lag/frame drops and other bugs on android on my old phone, galaxy s8..
    I now have a new phone, and it seems the frame drops were a cause of the phone just not being able to keep up and being a bit older.. i now have a galaxy s20, but there still seems to be lag/ridiculous loading times between loading screens and pre fight screens...
    Negatives:
    1 - pre fight screen, as soon as i am onto the pre fight screen, the screen will freeze without question, no matter what game mode i am in, for a solid 3-5 seconds before letting me do anything, then furthermore, i click the fight button and itll take a further 3-5 seconds to register i have pressed the button and go onto the loading screen.. quite frustrating if you ask me.
    2 - not sure if this is classed as a game bug or not.. but my device.. which is brand new btw, seems to overheat upon playing the game.. my brand new s20 overheating.. strange huh..
    3 - game startup, for some reason the connection symbol now likes to pop up with the most recent patch (red goblin/cosmic gr) whenever the game starts up on the initial loading screen, it doesnt seem to hinder the login process but its always there without fail.

Positive/s:
    since getting my new phone, it seems like the input registration isnt an issue, as much as i hate to say it, it seems that my old phone just got too old to handle the game anymore.. the game runs very smoothly apart from the bugs listed above, number one being the most frustrating.

im not expecting a responce as per usual.. even more so now that ive typed this line into the comment.. disheartening as the previous comment very nicely put it, given i and many others take time out our day to keep you guys updated yet you always release patches with soo many more bugs than fixes.. i guess there really is no acknowledgement of these forum posts..
  • zedsdeadbabyzedsdeadbaby Posts: 1
    edited October 2020
    In-Game Name: zedsdead_baby
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S8
    Device Operating System: 9
    Game Mode: Won't load the game.
    Description of the Issue: The game auto updated itself and will not allow me to play for more than a minute or two. I have deleted the game, deleted 9+ GB of data from my phone from the game being on my device the past 3 years. updated my phone and it still will not work. Working fine on my sons ipad. This issue is still going on 25+ hours of almost non stop trying.

Restarting phone does nothing, I have 15GB of free space on my phone, turning wi-fi on and off does nothing, nothing works. I've been playing for 5 years and never had an issue with the game like this.
  • HARSHAZADHARSHAZAD Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: HARSHAZAD
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S6 EDGE+
    Device Operating System: 7
    Game Mode: Won't load the game.
    Description of the Issue: The game stops connecting to the server after the fight ends. So i am stuck in a the treasure island quest and can not use my keys. Occuring since the update.
  • GladtoKillGladtoKill Posts: 15
    In-Game Name: Gladtokill
    Device and Model: Galaxy M31
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 28.0
    Game Mode: AW, ALL
    Description of the Issue: I face issues with AW while fighting opponent, game seizes and thrown back out of fight. While fighting opponents in Arena, uncollected fights usually controls go haywire, dashback doesnot happen, there is lag and action happened after a moment.
  • AlphaChaosAlphaChaos Posts: 20
    Impaler said:

Device: leeco lemax2
    Game version: 28.2

Since this new update the frame rate in game has decreased drastically making it impossible to do any fight properly. Oddly enough, when I tried to take evidence and record my screen, the frame rate increases slightly, making it better to play but still, far from what's needed and what I had with the 28.1 version of the game.
    It's incredible how you guys can screw up on every update....

I tried that too and noticed that there seems to be no stutter or lag when recording is on (but it doesn't feel smooth like pre 27.2.5 version). Luckily I captured the best evidence I can and anyone can check it out here.

On normal speed you can see that whenever Mordo's SP1 or SP2 (obvious freeze can bee seen) is triggered, there is some lag, which could make you miss the timing on any following block or counters. Weirdly enough, SP3 seems more smoother than the actual fighting part.

Drop the playback speed to 0.5 or 0.25 and you might start noticing that movements are not that consistent across frames (look for camera pan/tilt, dash movements. also notice the white dot which indicates taps and swipes. it feels more continuous than the fight animation). Again in low speed you can also notice that frames are more continuous during the SP3 than the remaining fight.

PS: My gameplay experience is from being able to play really smooth at 90fps before 27.2.5 update to having random stutter and freeze after the breaking update. Monthly quests up to master difficulty are playable but uncollected and above are really difficult when timing is even more crucial. I have since switched to playing the game on my iPad Pro than my OnePlus 7T Pro