**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 Compensation

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Should probably wait until it’s implemented before demanding to know when. It’s likely they do not even know the scope since the cutoff hasn’t even happened yet.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

Rank down tickets were the worst thing that happened in this game before the compensation for everything started. Now it’s just endless complaining about compensation

I'm not complaining I'm owed compensation. There's a huge difference. Not everyone has all content done so consumables don't matter to them. We're not all in the same boat. You yourself said act 6 was heavily nerfed and is a joke now so I fail to see your issue here.
    Consumables don’t matter to me at all, i have nothing to use them on and likely won’t for a long time (since book 2 is a joke and summer of pain....who knows)
  • WhoooWhooo Posts: 86 ★★
    DannyB01 said:

Whooo said:

DannyB01 said:

there is absolutely no chance in hell you get shards or cats as compensation, that would be completely asinine. Units is possible, consumables is likely. I'm fine with no compensation but since kabam is obsessed with it, we'll get it.

I opted for act 6 exploration instead of some awesome July 4th unit bundles.
    It was your choice
    Not really. I made the choice well before the changes were announced by the Kabam, knowing that I'd miss out on unit bundles but assuming that I'd need to invest heavily into act 6 to get the exploration rewards and those are better. Had I known changes were planned, I wouldn't have made that choice. That's the reason compensation is required at all.
    Act 6 wasn't going to dissapear. You could have bought the deals first, and then do the act 6
  • PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    I don't care what we get or even how much we get. I simply want an update as to where Kabam stands in regards to the Act 6 compensation they already announced would be part of toning down the content. Even a simple we are still looking at all of it and don't have a timeline response is better than saying nothing at all. They talk about keeping us informed and being transparent but then they announce things and go months and months without ever talking about it more.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    And here is post number 20000 on this
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,900 ★★★★★
    I 100% act 6 before any nerfs but still have two abyss paths left, so I wouldn’t hate consumables but I understand that there are people who have full inventories already and have explored everything.
    I really liked the idea of an in-game compensation store, although the economy of it would be difficult to fine tune. How many revives is 2000 6* shards worth? Tricky to quantify, but doable.
    I’d also seen discussion of a package selector, like a shards package, a catalyst package, or a consumables package and the player gets to choose which one. That would also address a lot of the concerns. If one package is out of balance with the others in a bad way, well, then just don’t pick it.
    The last thing to consider when talking about compensation is that this isn’t just one quest we’re talking about, it’s twenty-four of them, with players on varying levels of exploration. People asking if they will be eligible for compensation when they’ve done 50% or just completion or all these other variables make tuning compensation extremely complex. I would not be at all surprised if this takes some time to get out.
    The fastest way to assess it would be to look at % complete of the act pre-nerfs, but even that isn’t precise. For example, I explored 6.3 before 6.2. If compensation had landed in between me doing those two, would I be entitled to more, less, or the same compensation than somebody exploring in order?

Anyway, that’s my rant. Just a lot of things to consider rather than just banging on the table shouting compensation.

I don't care what we get or even how much we get. I simply want an update as to where Kabam stands in regards to the Act 6 compensation they already announced would be part of toning down the content. Even a simple we are still looking at all of it and don't have a timeline response is better than saying nothing at all. They talk about keeping us informed and being transparent but then they announce things and go months and months without ever talking about it more.

They said it’ll come before book 2 which is December, just reread the post anytime you feel they haven’t addressed it for long enough.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

They said it’ll come before book 2 which is December, just reread the post anytime you feel they haven’t addressed it for long enough.
    Check you out keeping track of when compensation is coming! Hope it meets your expectations!

Check you out keeping track of when compensation is coming! Hope it meets your expectations!
    i'm good with getting 1 revive, that's more than enough :)
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

It's not unreasonable for people to still want an answer on this when, for example, the only content you have left is 2 paths of abyss and this is a determinant of resource allocation. Particularly when you are on a timeline now because you need abyss rewards to attain a R3 6* before Black Friday offers. Assuming the compensation is in the form of revives, if I got it before abyss completion it could be used. If I get it after, It'll go to waste because I have nothing to use it on. So it would be nice to know at least roughly when so I don't use units for nothing.

I'm in the same position with 2 Abyss runs left. That compensation helps with planning a lot so I don't waste items.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

I want consumables...

You just got cavalier. This ain't about you
    I ain’t the only who would gladly take consumables. Most of the player base ain’t full of whales and endgame players.
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Yeah but the people worried about act 6 compensation mostly are end game players. It's mostly people who explored significant chunks of it months ago.
  • MauckseeMaucksee Posts: 38
    Can i get the compensation if i did not 100% act6 . I have completed act6 like 15-20 days back.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    DannyB01 said:

Yeah but the people worried about act 6 compensation mostly are end game players. It's mostly people who explored significant chunks of it months ago.

The nerfs applied throughout all of act 6. Many people could’ve completed a nerfed fight in 6.2 or 6.3 and not be done with act 6.
  • NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★

Minimum 10k units refund
    Or else 2 t5cc slector,30k 6* shards and 50k 5* shards

No CONSUMABLES PLEASE

Glad to see everyone is being reasonable...

The next round of compensation will likely be similar to the one we received for the 6.2 Champion fight - boosts, revives, and potions. In all honesty I can’t see them issuing a chunk of units this close to Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

It would definitely be nice to receive these consumables in way that makes them exempt from expiration, but it’s not something I have high hopes for.

I’ve currently still got 2 more paths left of the Abyss, so I’ll make good use of them either way. My first 3 paths have been entirely unitless, and the extra boosts and consumables will go a long way in ensuring that the last 2 paths are similarly cost-effective.
    The way act6 torn down it’s not that really high

Earlier each path required 500 units sometimes
    Even you can check many YouTubers videos using that much pots
    Now it’s just a cakewalk for everyone

People had actually burnt 3k units alone on 6.2 without even clearing him but what they got consumables which gonna expire.

Had you explored everything 100% you too didn’t wanted consumables too
    if youre using 500 units per path of act 6 you clearly arent prepared for it. even me who has a pretty mediocre roster and mediocre skills is not using that much, obviously there are a few exceptions like 6.2.5 but thats not EACH PATH
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Minimum 10k units refund
    Or else 2 t5cc slector,30k 6* shards and 50k 5* shards

No CONSUMABLES PLEASE

Glad to see everyone is being reasonable...

The next round of compensation will likely be similar to the one we received for the 6.2 Champion fight - boosts, revives, and potions. In all honesty I can’t see them issuing a chunk of units this close to Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

It would definitely be nice to receive these consumables in way that makes them exempt from expiration, but it’s not something I have high hopes for.

I’ve currently still got 2 more paths left of the Abyss, so I’ll make good use of them either way. My first 3 paths have been entirely unitless, and the extra boosts and consumables will go a long way in ensuring that the last 2 paths are similarly cost-effective.
    The way act6 torn down it’s not that really high

Earlier each path required 500 units sometimes
    Even you can check many YouTubers videos using that much pots
    Now it’s just a cakewalk for everyone

People had actually burnt 3k units alone on 6.2 without even clearing him but what they got consumables which gonna expire.

Had you explored everything 100% you too didn’t wanted consumables too
    if youre using 500 units per path of act 6 you clearly arent prepared for it. even me who has a pretty mediocre roster and mediocre skills is not using that much, obviously there are a few exceptions like 6.2.5 but thats not EACH PATH
    can confirm the mediocre skills ;) But I agree, if you are using 500 units per path in act 6 then you are not ready / not skilled enough for it. Even in 6.2.5 cost me around 800 units to explore (no stash and including initial)
    Act 6 exploration could definitely be very expensive even to skilled players, a lot of it was roster dependent (having Ghost, Quake and Aegon would make a big difference for exploring act6). It's certainly reasonable to think exploration of 6.2-6.4 could cost an Odin per chapter, so maybe 10,000 units for the full act.

It's so hard to decide the best approach for compensation for such a high value, but I think it should be a choice for each player (to an extent). Someone suggested a compensation shop earlier and I really like that. I don't expect that to be implemented, but a nexus crystal style where you can choose consumables, units, crystals or a combo would be nice.

The issue is: we've no idea what it might look like and it's been too long to be in that position still!
    Two weeks later and still nothing! I'm worried Kabam are waiting for the 'Summer of Pain' event (that never came) and hoping to use that justify giving us a bunch of revives instead of real compensation. Anyone else worried about that?

There's been no end game content for a while now, I have a healthy stash as Cavalier difficulty can be done itemless. I imagine most others are in the same boat. Don't want a load of revives straight into overflow.
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    I mean at this point I’ve given up on asking, think I’ve asked 3-4 times maybe, never really got a response.

All we can have rn is patience
    @DannyB01
    I'm tired of patience! lol But you are right.

We should at least have a roadmap for when it's going to be, and what it'll be. 'Before Book 2' is all the info we have. But I suppose what we 'should' have doesn't matter.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    odd, they delete , but wont respond.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Give me aegon n were even
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Do they ever talk about compensation or what it’ll be beforehand? It’s no different than any other one. They acknowledge it’s coming, then one day it hits. That’s it.
    edited October 2020
    @Etm34
    Not to my knowledge, I think they discuss among them and the team and just send it out.

@DannyB01
    I mean saying it’ll be here before December or before the new year would be reassuring.....but I mean must take awhile since they arent just looking at who finished act 6, but who did what before they nerfed act 6, how far, what the avg use of items was, and all that other stuff
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    Any updates on this??
    @Bugmat78 still no haha
This discussion has been closed.