Options

Hulkbuster vs Punisher 2099

2»

Comments

• Options
    ERockHDERockHD Posts: 54
    Tru100 said:

Hulkbuster is too good to regret ranking up in any rarity. There’s 3-4 tech champs you can pull that are better, mostly because of base immunities/phasing, but they all have their own quirks/imperfections. Waiting for Ghost, you still have to learn to play Ghost and presumably carry her entourage while learning. There’s multiple 6* ghosts in my ally (gold3) that never see light of AQ or AW. if u know u can use her, great, but my experience is that’s not a given if ur doing post-cavalier content.

Warlock on other hand is very easy to use but not same level for alpha boss-killing damage output. G2099 has great kit, but quirky mechanics, higher skill cap could put people off.

These three champs, and only these three, might have wider range of case uses but if he can heavy and get to sp2 HB’s right up there w any of them. Throw in Guardian and imo they represent the elite top 5 tech champs, all worthy of 6r3. And HB might be most accessible of the bunch after Warlock as stand-alone champ that doesn’t need sig or synergies, but also has good sig and synergies.

All Solid Points. I probably should have added this

Ghost, G2099 and Warlock i have as Sign 200 5/65
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    If I were id continue to hold for the top champs. I know chances are low but I wouldn’t rank any of those 3 champs.

Buster is better but his update didn’t convince me

2099 is better also but his update isn’t worth a rank 3.

Mysterio has some good tools but IMO not worth a rank 3.

Of course that’s my opinion.
  • Options
    ERockHDERockHD Posts: 54
    Thank you everyone for your input. I'm waiting to see the upgraded rewards but right now definitely leaning to Hulkbuster
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    Hulkbuster is not in a same level with the other two....
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    ERockHD said:

Tru100 said:

Hulkbuster is too good to regret ranking up in any rarity. There’s 3-4 tech champs you can pull that are better, mostly because of base immunities/phasing, but they all have their own quirks/imperfections. Waiting for Ghost, you still have to learn to play Ghost and presumably carry her entourage while learning. There’s multiple 6* ghosts in my ally (gold3) that never see light of AQ or AW. if u know u can use her, great, but my experience is that’s not a given if ur doing post-cavalier content.

Warlock on other hand is very easy to use but not same level for alpha boss-killing damage output. G2099 has great kit, but quirky mechanics, higher skill cap could put people off.

These three champs, and only these three, might have wider range of case uses but if he can heavy and get to sp2 HB’s right up there w any of them. Throw in Guardian and imo they represent the elite top 5 tech champs, all worthy of 6r3. And HB might be most accessible of the bunch after Warlock as stand-alone champ that doesn’t need sig or synergies, but also has good sig and synergies.

All Solid Points. I probably should have added this

Ghost, G2099 and Warlock i have as Sign 200 5/65
    If you've already got ghost at 5/65 Sig 200 then you're not missing much when it comes to a 6r3. Unless they're both high sig you'll outdamage with the 5 star because of the extra power gain.

Warlock and G2099 would get the most benefit out of the r3 but if you need to rank someone up for thronebreaker I wouldn't sit on the t5cc if you've got a hulkbuster.

Best thing imo is to wait to see the benefits but hulkbuster isn't a bad rank up to keep in mind.

• Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I don't know if Prestige is important to you but both Mysterio (5th) and Punisher 2099 (3rd) both have a solid ranking in the Tech class for prestige. Hulkbuster has quite poor Prestige. Your decision though.