**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

October side quest bug or not [merged threads]

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    helping2 said:

I will just quit and find another game to spend my thousands of dollars on. any game you recommend?

Get a lady of the night. Thats a fun game of wondering what you'll get from that.
  • YEETguyYEETguy Posts: 107
    I’m right there with you my man, got banned last month and if I get banned for running it twice This time it’ll be a month Long ban
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    A guy in my alliance ran legenday twice. Then came to chat asking why it won't complete. I told him to stop so he doesn't get banned. You guys better not ban people for your screw ups. I ran through all difficulties once. Never thought to check the forums first
  • Hi Sir. @Kabam Miike I just check out the new side Quest. It allows players to run the same difficulty more then once and get get rewards each run. I don't know you allow it or it's a bug. If you allowed it then great but if it's a bug please fix it and my request to you please don't bane the players who run the same difficulty twice because it's a bug from your end. Don't lose your loyal players through bane. Please let us know about it and please bane only those people who use modes or other cheating things. Don't bane people if the mistake from your end. Thanks in advance
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I went through the side quest 4 times because the in-game mail said we could grind skeleton keys and souls as much as we want. Then I found out I was getting shards when I wasn't supposed to. so now I'm scared of getting banned.
    Is this seriously OUR fault when the SAME thing happened just LAST MONTH.
    And instead of banning everybody and having people get even angrier about the whole situation, just hold off putting the Monsters and Hunters Crystal out for everyone and just take some time to remove shards from peoples accounts.
    PLEASE DON'T BAN EVERYONE!

they are more likely to ban yall for spamming the forums.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Astral Chain for the Nintendo switch. You only need to pay 60 USD
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Colleen said:

Djin said:

Colleen said:

Kabam just deleted my discussion about this. I guess they want people to get banned.

@Colleen They merged the discussions.
    It doesn’t say merged it’s completely gone from “my discussions” in my discussion I said I didn’t know if it was a bug and if need be remove anything from my account so I’m not banned but they completely deleted my post they didn’t merge it
    I created a discussion it was deleted and merged in this. Go through every page you'll find yours.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Of course the repeated Monster shards gained is a bug.

You can only get them one time per difficulty.

So let's not exploit it and get banned
  • Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★

The game where you DON'T exploit bugs.

i did. but i didn't mean to. i didn't realize that i was getting shards when i wasn't supposed to.
  • dirt13jrdirt13jr Posts: 177 ★★
    edited October 2020
    If they ban people who ran in twice i will have a problem. They said you could run the quest to your desire, and in my case i went to run epic twice and saw i got the key and shards again. I will be mad if i get banned because there was no possible way i could have known i would have got the rewards a second time, unlike MTI where you could visually see that the chest was there again even before starting the quest. And after i saw i got the rewards a second time i have not done it since.
    Colleen said:

Djin said:

Colleen said:

Kabam just deleted my discussion about this. I guess they want people to get banned.

@Colleen They merged the discussions.
    It doesn’t say merged it’s completely gone from “my discussions” in my discussion I said I didn’t know if it was a bug and if need be remove anything from my account so I’m not banned but they completely deleted my post they didn’t merge it
    Because it's no longer your discussion. It was merged to someone else's. You can still find it looking at your comment history.

GarrettN said:

“If someone accidentally leaves their door unlocked, it’s their fault I broke in and stole! They were asking for it!”

this analogy would work if it weren't for the fact that Kabam literally told us to rerun the event, so you're wrong.
    Yes but the message we reviewed said shards were once per day. Reading comprehension is important.
    Now tell me this, how are you supposed to know that the event gives more shards unless you actually complete a second run? Like if they ban people for running it twice, that's just stupid because you couldn't possibly know. If you do like 10 runs then sure, but two is understandable.

I'm sorry you weren't taught to read well.
    LMAO this is actually laughable. Take a second to think about what you are saying. In fact let me lay it out for you.
    1) Kabam says you can only get shards once per day, HOWEVER you can grind it many times if you wish.
    2) I do a run, get my shards and keys, and then click replay in order to get more keys.
    3) Due to their glitch I get shards again. HOWEVER, it was impossible to know that I was going to get more shards on the second run, because like in the screenshot you sent, they said you would only get them once.

I don't expect another reply because this must be pretty embarassing.
    I'd be pretty embarrassed if I were you as well.
    Care to elaborate? Doubt it, since you're wrong and you're resorting to just saying random stuff now.
    Not really. It'd be like trying to convince a rock that it's not a rock.

• Can someone explain what the bug is in this?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    B00tblack said:

Kabam should start banning employees.
    Unreal that they can’t release content with out doing a couple runs themselves.

They don’t play their own game!

I take it you have never programmed a complex set of code in your life. Bugs happen. Other than simple hello world scripts you would be hard pressed to find a piece of code that has no bugs.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★

GarrettN said:

“If someone accidentally leaves their door unlocked, it’s their fault I broke in and stole! They were asking for it!”

this analogy would work if it weren't for the fact that Kabam literally told us to rerun the event, so you're wrong.
    Yes but the message we reviewed said shards were once per day. Reading comprehension is important.
    Now tell me this, how are you supposed to know that the event gives more shards unless you actually complete a second run? Like if they ban people for running it twice, that's just stupid because you couldn't possibly know. If you do like 10 runs then sure, but two is understandable.

LMAO this is actually laughable. Take a second to think about what you are saying. In fact let me lay it out for you.
    1) Kabam says you can only get shards once per day, HOWEVER you can grind it many times if you wish.
    2) I do a run, get my shards and keys, and then click replay in order to get more keys.
    3) Due to their glitch I get shards again. HOWEVER, it was impossible to know that I was going to get more shards on the second run, because like in the screenshot you sent, they said you would only get them once.

I don't expect another reply because this must be pretty embarassing.
    I'd be pretty embarrassed if I were you as well.
    Care to elaborate? Doubt it, since you're wrong and you're resorting to just saying random stuff now.
    Not really. It'd be like trying to convince a rock that it's not a rock.
    Jesus Christ Marie, they’re minerals!! Breaking bad
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,347 ★★★★★
    Thanks porthos as i dont wanna get a ban for just replaying the side for souls hope for an update soon
  • ClownButtClownButt Posts: 7
    I did the side quest 2 does it count as exploiting?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    B00tblack said:

Kabam should start banning employees.
    Unreal that they continually release content with out doing a couple runs themselves to test it.

They don’t play their own game!

Programming is not easy especially in a game as large as mcoc. Mistakes happen.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    you get the shards everytime
  • DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 402 ★★★

GarrettN said:

It seems you don't read very well. Zuko stated that you wouldn't know you were getting extra shards until you ran it twice and aknowledged if you ran it more than that you were liable.
    It says right there in the in-game mail, "shards can be gained only once per day". If you get them twice from the same quest, you know something is up. Running it more than that after the fact is exploiting. They won't ban someone from running it twice. They didn't last month. Use common sense here.
    Exactly my point. Zuko acknowledged that fact but you want to keep arguing. Textbook definition of a keyboard warrior,
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Colleen said:

I didn’t realize the hades quest dropped early and already did two runs so now I already have two keys. I think it’s a bug that allowed the quest to dropped early (I’m est time and did two rounds at 8:00am) the quest enabled me to do two runs and get keys both times please fix so people don’t get banned like last month for exploiting a bug and if need be take the keys off my account

It’s intended for you to get as many keys as you wish, however only 5 will be useful per week and currently the quest is awarding 1500 monster shards per completion when it is supposed to be once per day.