**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cosmic Ghost Rider is already the best Cosmic Champion in the game and it's not even close

Comments

• shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    Maybe
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

I’m just here to see how poorly this thread ages like his apocalypse thread last month, don’t mind me 🌚

My guy you are wielding the CGR pfp but don't embrace the power. My goodness.
    You realize that’s the default pfp this month right?
    Wait, there's such thing as a default pfp?
    Whenever a month starts, people who haven’t manually set their pfp, will get 1 of the 2 champs. That is why there were so many Prof X, Airwalker etc pfps.
    I did not know that, thank you. I had always assumed they just chose to do that to jump on the hype train of the new champions.
    And for some reason, they pick the brighter, more annoying one. Every. Single. Time.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    If your basing it on damage alone then why isn’t Namor your number 1 mutant
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

If your basing it on damage alone then why isn’t Namor your number 1 mutant

I'm not basing it on damage alone. He's double immune, has armor breaks, easy access to buffs, vigilance (miss counter), power gain, and unblockable. He has quite a lot of utility.

And Namor has never hit 73k mediums, let alone 25k mediums.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,299 ★★★★
    I wonder when Kabam will release a 6* Hyperion... at sig60 he is already good.
    psp742 said:

Too overpowered
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    I'm starting to think these posts are either just for the lols or its negative publicity
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    where did you get those numbers from ?

where did you get those numbers from ?

Deep dive
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    psp742 said:

Not before 6 star Wolverine or Scarlet Witch. Hyperion would be great unawakened and awakened, sig1 gets nearly 100% of his sig's value.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★

Also a saw a lot of people saying Hyperion is the best in the cosmic class. And I am gonna back it. This man is great for a lot of stuff- Buffed up, Disstrack(in few unique matches for poison immunity).
    With around 3-4 furies he crits a lot and can stun lock if lucky , he has got the full utility and damage pack we need in a cosmic champ.
    So yeah I don't think CGR is gonna top that. But cool animations so fine.
    Also I see him being on defense more than offense, I bet you. Cos those specials are just a lot to process.

I'd say the special attacks are pretty easy to dex when you get the rhythm going
    Mcdonalds said:

Also a saw a lot of people saying Hyperion is the best in the cosmic class. And I am gonna back it. This man is great for a lot of stuff- Buffed up, Disstrack(in few unique matches for poison immunity).
    With around 3-4 furies he crits a lot and can stun lock if lucky , he has got the full utility and damage pack we need in a cosmic champ.
    So yeah I don't think CGR is gonna top that. But cool animations so fine.
    Also I see him being on defense more than offense, I bet you. Cos those specials are just a lot to process.

Don’t forget one of the best defenders, insane energy resistance, block proficiency. He doesn’t necessarily crit a lot, but there are tons of nodes that hurt you for critting (havok) so that also makes him a very good counter for those nodes with his high attack rating + furies
    Also the ability to constantly spam special 1s made him one of the best counters for the V5 first boss
    1. You can’t use Hyperion in variant 5
    2. He has slightly below average block proficiency

Although I do think Hyperion is insanely powerful, I just wanted to mention those 2 things in response to your comment.
    so, had a crack at v5 Punisher 2099 with a 5/50 VTD...

that is a crazy stupid amount of block damage
  • Jazzy011Jazzy011 Posts: 81
    You're all daft for disagreeing. Cosmic Ghost Rider is nuts. Critting for 80k medium and 60k light attacks. His SP2 does 300k+ damage as well. And he has an insane precision buff that almost guarantees all your attacks to crit.

And all you need to do to get this damage is get to an SP3, which isn't hard at all because of his thic power gain buff.

And oh yeah, he has like a million different abilities making him a swiss army knife. Bleed/incinerate immune, power gain, power lock, armor break, can't miss attacks, etc

This champ is absolutely insane: big damage, hardly needs any ramp and insane utility. He's got it all.