**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• WarrenCoxWarrenCox Posts: 33
    5* Featured - Definitely seeing much harder match ups once past round 15. You used to get one team roughly the same PI as yours and a couple of harder ones. Now pretty much every opposing team is 1.5 to 2x the PI of yours. This is not making the Arena more accessible and it is not what Kabam described. So either the description was misleading or Kabam has messed it up and they don’t want to admit it. Personally I think you should get one Easy (similar PI), one medium (1.5x PI) and one hard (2x PI) offered in each round and then players can either choose to play safer to keep their streak or go harder to build more points more quickly. Sometimes I’ve had a few beers and I’m watching tv while i play and I don’t want to have to concentrate intently on the game. Now I’m having to 100% focus on every fight so it’s a quality of life of issue for me. I don’t mind doing more rounds and getting more gold and battle chips as I reach my target as I only really play the one Arena usually.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    In the 4* featured, 3/45s aren't "safe". it's not r3 six stars, bit you do have r5 5* and r2 6*. And they weren't really more aggressive for me, even when building the streak
  • Arceus111Arceus111 Posts: 34

Just to give some context to what these changes are, and why there has been an impact on the Infinite Streak:

Previously, when. you got higher in your streak, the Arena was trying to match you with a team that was at 4x your team's PI. Once you cross a certain threshold, there aren't any teams that high, so the system defaults to a fake team/something very low. To be very clear, this was an unintentional bug, and we've told players that in the past. We left it in-game for a long time because it's something that players are very used to.

What we changed is that the max PI of the opposite team should only be 2x. It definitely killed the formula players have known, and we understand that. We're looking at what else we can do to alleviate this situation.

It may not mean a total revert, but we're still open to that after we see more data and information from more players. There are other solutions, and we're going to look into it. Please keep your responses and opinions constructive in this thread.

So basically the opponents we are facing are 2x stronger than before. That´s alright, just double all of the rewards then and we´re even... /s
    You can´t tell me that something that has been part of the game now for 5 years was "an unintentional bug". Sorry...
  • Yaron_avivYaron_aviv Posts: 37

Just to give some context to what these changes are, and why there has been an impact on the Infinite Streak:

Previously, when. you got higher in your streak, the Arena was trying to match you with a team that was at 4x your team's PI. Once you cross a certain threshold, there aren't any teams that high, so the system defaults to a fake team/something very low. To be very clear, this was an unintentional bug, and we've told players that in the past. We left it in-game for a long time because it's something that players are very used to.

What we changed is that the max PI of the opposite team should only be 2x. It definitely killed the formula players have known, and we understand that. We're looking at what else we can do to alleviate this situation.

It may not mean a total revert, but we're still open to that after we see more data and information from more players. There are other solutions, and we're going to look into it. Please keep your responses and opinions constructive in this thread.

I read a lot of posts, and most people are annoyed with the possibility of losing a streak and the extra time it takes to complete matches.
    And so i ask - why x2? Why not make the limit x1.3? It will be manageable, slightly harder than before, acceptable to both old grinders and new players.

a team of full r4 vs full r5? Doable. Full r3 maxed 6 stars that need counters and specific play styles? Not fun.
  • WarrenCoxWarrenCox Posts: 33
    I don’t think there is any difference in getting to the streak. It wasn’t any harder for me as I use my 5r5 and 6* in rounds 9-15 and I can handle the match ups there. I think I saw less Kang/Thanos teams but that’s all. Same for fights where you are using your top champs for the rest of your run. The problem as I see it (and other people here seem to be finding the same) is that once you get further into your roster and you are using your 5r4 and 5r3 champs you are still being matched with 6r3 teams that are close to or more than 2x your team. This is surely not what Kabam intended and needs to be fixed. I agree with the posts above saying that only the AI really needed changing and a rollback to the matchmaking is required. I would like some consideration given to the idea of giving an Easy/Medium/Hard enemy team in each round though as I think it would be much more inclusive. The ability to get higher scores would be purely dependent on the skill and roster of the player and the risks they are willing to take. You could get rid of the whole death squad nonsense completely and make it even more inclusive. I would also gladly see the function removed of refreshing your champs with units rather than waiting for their stamina to recharge as I think this would level the playing field further, but I doubt Kabam would entertain that!
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    and I don't really understand the original system that you described, where it searches for matches 4x your pi, and the normal matches was a "bug". so we're the death matches the intended result? was every series supposed to be a death match? or is that something made up
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    i think we might be reacted too early than intended. this new improved arena update is just step 1 of it's roadmap. the next step is auto help request and a cache filter that we can prepare ahead of any star rarity champion to save more time with grinding. i think it's only takes that long to finish a fight because the other arena update haven't been implemented yet.