**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is game stutter a new ‘feature’?

Quantum_FizzixQuantum_Fizzix Posts: 94
edited October 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
My alliance mates have noticed this too. For the last several months (at least), I have noticed a significant increase in stutter during fights as well as the game ‘hourglassing’. This results in getting clipped, or straight up getting pummeled by the defender. Today, I had a newer experience. I was fighting Ronan in the Hades Invasion. Ronin launched a special and the stutter became a brief pause. My reaction did not register at all and I got clocked.

I’m on an iPad Pro (latest update), so not on antiquated hardware.

I posted in the bug forum about other game issues, but it does not seem that those posts are being read.

I’ve done what I can with my own system (not letting things run in the background, stop banner notifications, rebooting, etc. My network is stable and I don’t have lag. This is the only game on my system that has issues

Is the stuttering something others are experiencing? Any tips on preventing it?
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I'm not 100% sure what you mean but I think i do. I think it has happened to me a little but nothing out of the ordinary.
  • Xer0Xer0 Posts: 26
    I’ve noticed it as well as some of my friends not in the last couple of months, but the last few days. My champion just stood, paused as I swiped back, after about a second delay he did swipe back only to paused again, this time standing there getting wrecked. This was just on a daily event so it didn’t cost me anything besides a “What the heck just happened” moment, if it was in AW/AQ, Incursions etc I would have been way more upset.
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    I have noticed something fighting against Mephisto where even after taking first hit on your face of his sp1,you can still dex the second part.similar I have felt fighting against Ronin.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    Shamir51 said:

The only thing I experience that comes close is this weird “shaking” thing when the 2 champions are running in at the beginning of the fight. Almost like there’s an earthquake going off.

It comes and goes though- so some fights, it’s there, and other fights it’s not.

yup me too. but never during the fight ! thought that was just my phone acting up

• Quantum_FizzixQuantum_Fizzix Posts: 94
    edited October 2020
    Thanks for replying guys

I'm not 100% sure what you mean but I think i do. I think it has happened to me a little but nothing out of the ordinary.

I call it stuttering when the champs do not move smoothly. Micro pauses during actions. I don’t know if that helps....

I have noticed something fighting against Mephisto where even after taking first hit on your face of his sp1,you can still dex the second part.similar I have felt fighting against Ronin.

In my fight cited in the OP, Ronin did have the ‘unblockable Sp2’ buff node. I Wondering if there is some interaction delay going on for buffs outside of champs’ normal kit. I do get stutter and dropped inputs — for me this is more when things are the smooth, but a dash back doesn’t happen, or say... champ goes into launching a heavy when you tapped for a light atk.
  • DRAGON_ZEEDRAGON_ZEE Posts: 58
    This happened to me while fighting nick in aw i was trying to block but he just wont.Got wrecked
  • DretlleDretlle Posts: 41
    Ive had a nasty stutter in game for the past couple weeks
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I get them frequently as well - it’s often the main reason I miss-time a parry at the start of the fight. As far as I’m aware, Kabam haven’t acknowledged this as an issue to the community, but it would be good if they did.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    My experience this evening has been game disconnections after fight wins—4 times in the past hour-plus.

On the bright side, the game now gives me credit for the win instead of docking me half-health, so I’ve got the going for me.

And lag spikes, or whatever it is when the frame lags...yep, that’s apparently a feature of this update, but I’m getting better at anticipating a split-step ahead on my parries and intercepts.

Dr. Zola
  • ImpalerImpaler Posts: 28
    I have this lack of smoothness that seems to be more of a decreased frame rate since the 28.2 update for which this new update did nothing about.
    Very oddly when trying to record my screen the game gets smoother. As we all know, if anything, the exactly opposite is what it was supposed to happen...
    I really can't understand what Kabam are up to, but seems like they couldn't care less about this issue....
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Impaler said:

I have this lack of smoothness that seems to be more of a decreased frame rate since the 28.2 update for which this new update did nothing about.
    Very oddly when trying to record my screen the game gets smoother. As we all know, if anything, the exactly opposite is what it was supposed to happen...
    I really can't understand what Kabam are up to, but seems like they couldn't care less about this issue....

Same experience with screen recording. I started recording AW fights to show my ally mates the issues I am having with lag and missed inputs (iOS) but every time I record, the game runs smoother and the issues are hardly noticeable.
  • ZirkonZirkon Posts: 61
    Shamir51 said:

The only thing I experience that comes close is this weird “shaking” thing when the 2 champions are running in at the beginning of the fight. Almost like there’s an earthquake going off.
    It comes and goes though- so some fights, it’s there, and other fights it’s not.

The “shaking” has happened to me quite a few times also. I thought at first something was wrong with my eyesight.

And yes, I experience the game “stutters” too, those brief moments of pauses sure do screw you a lot. That’s why a lot of my parry attempts have been in vain lately. And I’m an excellent parrier.

• CatmanndoCatmanndo Posts: 737 ★★★
    Everyday for me too
  • Omega007HazeOmega007Haze Posts: 60
    Ever since the new update, Balancing the Arenas update i believe, this game has become screwed up bad. My champions over 50% of the time are nonresponsive, they dont move to your commands at all. Try to dex backward and nothing, try to attack and nothing... whatever Kabam did to the Arenas to "balance" them needs to be undone. Now, in all parts of the game, champions are acting nonresponsive to input commands, taps and swipes. This reallynis a game quitting issue.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,250 ★★★★
    Have any of you experience missed button tap/press, aside from special not working or block not immediately, letting AI punish your champion?
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,250 ★★★★
    Just wondering what phone or device are you guys using to play MCOC? I use my Samsung Galaxy S10 plus (latest firmware and android 10) with 512gb microSD/ used to have game on my iPod touch 6th gen (but uninstall it due to other issues). Almost forgot, on occasion, the intensive graphics for sp3 of some champions don't come out completely (like Vision Aarkus giant hand arm is solid blue), and Silver Surfer sp3 too.
    the phone i believe is 2019.. and having latest version of Android 10.0 should be ok too.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    My comment got deleted for no reason as it was constructive and non profanity.

I said that there are too many bugs that it’s difficult to squash them all. The community either need or have to make two choices.

1: ask for more events to continue eating those juicy rewards despite knowing there are too much bugs going on.

2: ask for no more events till the biggest bug issues are gone to increase the positive of the performance.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    The stutter is useful for me, at this point. It warns me the game is about to crash, so I need to shut down and restart.
  • NerekNerek Posts: 9
    psp742 said:

Have any of you experience missed button tap/press, aside from special not working or block not immediately, letting AI punish your champion?

Yup almost every single fight these days, add the constant game crashing and like most ppl say MCOC has become almost unplayable as it is right now.

Sadly the only response seen from Kabam is the standard “we need your tech info so our team can look into this matter “ well there seems to be a lot of info about what tech the players are using and they all vary but they all have basically the same problem in the game....

• ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    For whatever reason they rarely (if ever) acknowledge device specific game performance issues regardless of the volume of complaints.
    If there is an obvious in game bug that affects everyone they generally seem to acknowledge that and provide some communication.
    However if the game is running poorly on your device, you have no hope whatsoever.
    Some of the complaints from people with ancient devices you think, just get an upgrade. But there are so many game issues reported by people with high end Samsung, OnePlus, Google devices etc since 27.2.5 patch it's super frustrating for anyone with an affected device.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Yeah third hit of the combo often stutters and the defender starts blocking. Or even better launches a special, parry has been very inconsistent this week too