**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

Anyone who says this isn't pro player clearly doesn't see the point of what kabam did. If you can use every single champion in your roster. You are able to get more points. You can use your top champs.. like before.. you can use your weaker champs.. which you couldn't before. If im grinding arena I want as many fights as possible, and as many wins as possible. More fights = more bc. More bc.. more units..

More fights, less you need to pay to refresh your top 200/250 champs.

Reading this really makes me question if you are playing the arena with any kind of roster at all. In reality what a developed roster gets is more high end matches which is more time, more focus, more stress, more deaths, and that equates to less battleships and less units.
    you're the one i should question why you don't want to benefit this when you run out of your highest ranked champions?????
    I’m guessing you’re trolling, but I’ll bite. I don’t run out of my highest ranked champions my roster was built to compete without units in the arenas.
    be damned of you to think i'm trolling. what an perfect account you got for never running out of highest ranked champions so you could benefit it more with the new system by racking in more points when facing them deathsquad who is capped 2x of your total 3x champion's PI as they obviously are working with your favor to bait them with ease.
    Eventually you have enough Champs Ranked so by the time you're done with your usable ones, the others Recharge.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

Anyone who says this isn't pro player clearly doesn't see the point of what kabam did. If you can use every single champion in your roster. You are able to get more points. You can use your top champs.. like before.. you can use your weaker champs.. which you couldn't before. If im grinding arena I want as many fights as possible, and as many wins as possible. More fights = more bc. More bc.. more units..

Reading this really makes me question if you are playing the arena with any kind of roster at all. In reality what a developed roster gets is more high end matches which is more time, more focus, more stress, more deaths, and that equates to less battleships and less units.
    you're the one i should question why you don't want to benefit this when you run out of your highest ranked champions?????
    I’m guessing you’re trolling, but I’ll bite. I don’t run out of my highest ranked champions my roster was built to compete without units in the arenas.
    be damned of you to think i'm trolling. what an perfect account you got for never running out of highest ranked champions so you could benefit it more with the new system by racking in more points when facing them deathsquad who is capped 2x of your total 3x champion's PI as they obviously are working with your favor to bait them with ease.
    Eventually you have enough Champs Ranked so by the time you're done with your usable ones, the others Recharge.
    so you're asking me to screw the rank up materials to be carefully selected just so i can kill time to wait for the recharge to finish??
    Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

so you're asking me to screw the rank up materials to be carefully selected just so i can kill time to wait for the recharge to finish??
    No, I'm not asking you to do anything. What I would suggest is doing what you can until your Roster grows more. Which is what competing in every Arena takes. Unless your goal is Milestones. In which case keeping a Streak isn't as essential.
    damn you folks to wail about the new system! it was an win for everybody!
    Grinding Champs twice as strong with R3/R4 5*s and R1 6*s wasn't a win.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

now i have to spend more time to wait for next batch of refresh timer on those champions before i can be safe to get past 20+ streak. ridiculous

Don’t wait, start your streak over again. That’s how beginners with underdeveloped rosters do it and how I did it. Good news they’ll throw their specials so you can play those 2 minute long fights all day long, thank Kabam that I don’t have to do that with 90% of my arena teams now.
    how dare you call me a beginner????
    you even said it so yourself '' Good news they’ll throw their specials so you can play those 2 minute long fights all day long'' clearly you obviously benefit this as much as i do.

I derived no benefit from the recent arena changes aside from getting the 3* as a bonus. It was by and large negative for me. You’re not putting up a strong contradiction to the supposition that you’re trolling.

No I do not benefit from +2x matches all day long when previously they were all matches of equal strength.
    i'm definitely not trolling if you are mind stuck on that. pretty sure you guys are complaining so much about those meta champions being more visible in arena change and wailing that it's taking too much time too kill them. i'm even more sure you folks only want the streak formula to benefit it yourself for grinding the desired champion with ease while other have to struggle.
    I don’t want anyone to struggle. I don’t want to spend more time in the arena for less. Seriously stop putting words in people’s mouths; again you’re not contradicting the troll theory.
    That's where the bulk of our Points come from. Unless you have Work's Roster. ;)
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Daddrieda said:

The only one wailing here is you, what you’re doing here is projecting your faults into others to draw attention away from them.

Daddrieda said:

The only one wailing here is you, what you’re doing here is projecting your faults into others to draw attention away from them.
    definitely mostly you folk's fault

• So after running this area this weekend is is not has bad has first start. Was able to get over 30 win streak in 4* featured. With thst said I am still not a fan, it feels like it is geared to new players or whales if I have a full roster of 5/65 sure I am still good or if I am playing and don't expect to be able to get more then a 15 streek but for me who recently got cavalier I don't have as many champs thst I can compete with now. I also ran into many more death match like opponents then in the past.

So after running this area this weekend is is not has bad has first start. Was able to get over 30 win streak in 4* featured. With thst said I am still not a fan, it feels like it is geared to new players or whales if I have a full roster of 5/65 sure I am still good or if I am playing and don't expect to be able to get more then a 15 streek but for me who recently got cavalier I don't have as many champs thst I can compete with now. I also ran into many more death match like opponents then in the past.

you can even use r4, r3, r2 and r1 while they maxed ones refresh. you benefit this as you keep racking in more points if you still wait for the next round refresh anyway.
  • AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    i hate this thread. i love the new system. i can use all my champs. now it's gone. thanks for your complaining. bye
  • LeanbisonLeanbison Posts: 118 ★★
    @Aztec It was nice being able to use the whole roster. I hope that Kabam hasn’t given up on fixing this. Just because they put out a sloppy update and then reverted it, doesn’t mean that they have given up on the road map for arenas. Hopefully they will deliver what was promised.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Sunday crystal arena still has that fun and interactive passive AI.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★

I really don't understand those of you who are saying you're able to use all of your champions now...before this change I was able to use all of my champions, but right now I can really only "safely" use champs at the top of my list. This has resulted in a huge loss of available points--whereas I used to hit all the milestones, now I'm struggling to even get to the halfway point. I for one am very grateful that they are reverting back to the old matchmaking algorithm.

Also, the word is "anecdotal" not "antidotal".

First, thank you for the correction. I was going by autocorrect.

You could you all champs, but if you took a team of 4500 (all 1500 champs), you would face the 60,000 death squad. With no real chance to win, especially with the holding of the sp to Sp3.

There were tons of complaints when there was a huge shift in R3 6*’s and the teams of r1 5* and r2 5*... even 4*’s couldn’t be used without including a r3 5* unless you would get a death squad. What Kabam was trying to do was address that issue.

Many grinders, Ilacskillz included, would use 4*’s until their 5*’s refreshed. This change allowed them to continue grinding. It would also allow people without huge rosters, or lost of ranked up champs to grind without fearing a huge 3-4x difference in PI.

Personally, I think Kabam should have been a little more upfront on the changes and explained how they would work. The 2x limit allowed them to remove the old system... what changed as a part of that is that r4 5*s roughly come in at 8-11k pi... so grouped together, many meet the 2x limit and would match to all R3 6*, which looks like a death squad, but a win is possible.

Honestly, after match 25, any team of a pi over 30k would allow for the infinite streak. Once there, if you just mixed you r4 and r5’s it was quite manageable. R3’s and less were a much easier fight at 2x. But the higher the PI or the larger difference between you champs could spell a hard match. I saw were some would put 2 R3 5* and a r1 4* to get a better match. However. If you are a serious grinder for the champ, every win helps.

I believe the biggest issue is that most players that have 3+ R3 6*s, have top (God Tier and up) champs... so you were fighting a NF, HT, SS, Corvus, etc... a really top tier champ. I kept getting the same 6-10 players in my rotation.

It could have been managed, but players would need to adapt... there was still an infinite streak, it is just a different route to continue it. I am not really sure there is a middle road on this... people like the infinite streak, and any time it changes (manually like this time or systematically through the availability of more higher ranked champs) there is a large out cry.

I honestly think this was the best chance of fixing arenas, but people like the old system better. Just remember this when R4 6*’s are available and shift the infinite streak again. Then all R3 5*’s will cause a death squads... just my opinion. I frequent ally grind for top 1-10% (now 1-5%), and I would grind for new champs at 70-90 million.

It got harder without spending units when R1-R2 5*’s and 4*’s became virtually unusable without facing 54-60k matches.

Again, thank you for the spelling correction.
    Using 4500 Total PI in the 5* Featured past a certain Streak is nonsensical in any case. It won't yield enough Points to compete in any way. You can also use R1 5*s. I pair them with a couple R2 or a couple R4 4*s or higher, in the Infinite. That Infinite is the entire objective of building a Streak. It's what ensures a sweetspot to run infinitely with sufficient Total PI. Only, with this change, what used to be the Infinite was doubling the PI of what we were using. Which means the only things that allows that optimal spot are the Top Teams and Bottom Teams. The bottom ones don't give enough Points, and very few people can keep up a Grind with R5 5*s and R2/R3 6*s. The step below Top Teams are what give the bulk of long-term Grind Points.

Using 4500 Total PI in the 5* Featured past a certain Streak is nonsensical in any case. It won't yield enough Points to compete in any way. You can also use R1 5*s. I pair them with a couple R2 or a couple R4 4*s or higher, in the Infinite. That Infinite is the entire objective of building a Streak. It's what ensures a sweetspot to run infinitely with sufficient Total PI. Only, with this change, what used to be the Infinite was doubling the PI of what we were using. Which means the only things that allows that optimal spot are the Top Teams and Bottom Teams. The bottom ones don't give enough Points, and very few people can keep up a Grind with R5 5*s and R2/R3 6*s. The step below Top Teams are what give the bulk of long-term Grind Points.

F2P grinders would run 4*’s for points between refreshes... I doubt you do 70+ million grinds. Every little bit helps.

Non-F2P will boost and spend units... F2P have to rely on 4*’s between refreshes. Have you ever watched an Ilacskillz stream? :). He does just that, and as gotten in the top 150 without spending units.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNF6h2R5sPI

@GroundedWisdom For your viewing pleasure... I bring you were Ilacskillz spoke about not being able to us 4*’s anymore and how he and F2P used them to grind for featured 5*s.
    @GroundedWisdom And what about people with smaller rosters where the could use them for extra points for milestones? Are they to only be forced to use what few R5 5*’s? Do you not see the problem on that front?
    edited October 2020

@GroundedWisdom And what about people with smaller rosters where the could use them for extra points for milestones? Are they to only be forced to use what few R5 5*’s? Do you not see the problem on that front?

he doesn't care because he refuse to see how much it benefit him. It will be another wailing cry out when KABAM introduce rank up materials for r4 6* and he might change his idea, but probably not as he's still hell bent and persistent to be happy with just the old arena system. he even went that far to mock my collection as it's limited due to rank up materials is sacred for me because the amount of golds it can quickly eat up and as well creating more waiting for the refresh to ensure a streak by saying ''That's where the bulk of our Points come from. Unless you have Work's Roster. ;)'' as in you don't need to build a streak if i'm gonna go for milestones.
    I do have enough collection to get a champion from 5* featured arena. it's just that i'm limited because of the damned streak formula that Kabam said it was an unintentionally bug as well as everyone else that have trouble to get other materials to rank up and level up.
    edited October 2020
    Yes, the bulk of the Points come from the R2-R4 5*s, R1 6*s, and the R4-R5 4*s in our Rosters. Not many people have that many Max 5*s and R2-R3 6*s to run with to avoid double the PI of what you're working with. You can use R1 5*s if you pair them up with a couple higher PI Champs. That's the bulk of Grinding, unless you're refreshing your Top Teams steadily for a heavy Grind. That's how people get to the 70-90 Mil. If you're asking that we make it twice as hard for regular Grind so people can use their lower-end Champs for a few more Points in between Recharges, I'm going to say that's folly, and not much sense. That's making the Grind miserable for regular Grinders so people can eke out a few more Matches that yield minimal Points overall. It's not a hard thing to follow. Keep your Total PI above a certain number, don't use 4*s below R4, and maintain the Streak. I'm not ignorant to the issue. I'm pointing out those few R1 4*s aren't going to do much in between millions.
    edited October 2020

Yes, the bulk of the Points come from the R2-R4 5*s, R1 6*s, and the R4-R5 4*s in our Rosters. Not many people have that many Max 5*s and R2-R3 6*s to run with to avoid double the PI of what you're working with. You can use R1 5*s if you pair them up with a couple higher PI Champs. That's the bulk of Grinding, unless you're refreshing your Top Teams steadily for a heavy Grind. That's how people get to the 70-90 Mil. If you're asking that we make it twice as hard for regular Grind so people can use their lower-end Champs for a few more Points in between Recharges, I'm going to say that's folly, and not much sense. That's making the Grind miserable for regular Grinders so people can eke out a few more Matches that yield minimal Points overall. It's not a hard thing to follow. Keep your Total PI above a certain number, don't use 4*s below R4, and maintain the Streak. I'm not ignorant to the issue. I'm pointing out those few R1 4*s aren't going to do much in between millions.

You are wrong. There was never anything hard with the new system. You were provided a new way to effectively use all your collection while the AI is in your favor to win the fights. The only hard thing about this system is the META champions and they are META for different reason so it’s no wonder why we see them more and suddenly call them DeAtHSqUaD.

Even players that don’t have those r5 or anything close to it could still effectively use their collection and still call those lower ranked AI as Deathsquad, but still benefitted from it as they firing their special powers non-stop.
  • BloodylocksBloodylocks Posts: 7
    Change is garbage period. Twice as long to get through a fight with the dickish ai hoarding sps and refusing to bait. Taunt mechanics rarely works as well and forget about ai throwing if it's got a power sting on. Shouldn't have to force eat a sp3 just to keep the fight moving or dance in the corner for 30 seconds.
  • RoccohrRoccohr Posts: 12
    And now you reverted the changes you reverted the AI as well... you promised the new more aggressive AI but again there is no batting it... can we have a clarification please? The one good thing you had with the changes is no more?
  • AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Sunday crystal arena still has that fun and interactive passive AI.

yeah passive AI and very interactive lol
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Anyone know if Crystal Trove is affected by this new arena?
  • HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102
    zuffy said:

Anyone know if Crystal Trove is affected by this new arena?

No it's not.