**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Now that CCP vids are out, what are everyone's thoughts on Cosmic Ghost Rider?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
He looks so dang good. He reminds me of Doctor Doom where in most Act 6 fights, the opponent will be dead after an sp3 then an sp2.

I would consider him a top 2 cosmic with and without suicides. With suicides, the top 2 are Corvus and CGR (not in any particular order). Without suicides, the top 2 are Hyperion and CGR (not in any particular order).

Cosmic Ghost Rider has it all. Crazy damage, lots of utility, and immunities. I want to get him so badly but I am no whale 😞.

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

I dare you to start a “CGR is a Dud” thread... You could farm those disagrees.

No, CGR is awesome and is a top 10 champion in the entire game imo.

He's the best champ in game not named Dr Doom and Ghost

He almost makes me ashamed that Air Walker, Terrax and Surfer share the herald title with him.

Kabam could have given him one weakness that is him not being able to dex but nah they gave him dr doom's level of block proff so who cares lol

Add Quake to that list. But yeah, he is so incredibly powerful and has very few weaknesses (a few mystic champs like Sym Supreme or power drain matchups or that node called tranquility). It's crazy how weak the other heralds are compared to CGR.

I tend to not watch CCP vids so idk

Watch the vids, they'll blow your mind
    Rookiie said:

He's a top Cosmic champ
    I wouldn't call him the best just yet but he has all of the ingredients to be in top spot
    Double immunity
    Permanent Armour Break on #Villain
    Access to Armour Breaks and Incinerate debuffs
    8 buffs in his kit including Power Gain & Unblockable
    Sig ability includes Power Lock, Heal Block & Fate Seal
    Big yellow numbers
    Hyperion comes closest to him imo (access to regen & a simpler rotation than CGR)
    Then again .. look at what CGR has that Hyperion doesn't .. oof

Completely agree. Just look at all that damage and utility! He has so much, it's crazy how powerful he is.
  • TatteshwarTatteshwar Posts: 199 ★★★

Werewrym said:

Top 5 and he isn't 5
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Werewrym said:

Remember when you said the opposite about Apocalypse and it was wrong? Don’t jinx it for us lol.
    Rookiie said:

Also your closest bet to getting him is the 6-star featured crystal don't bother with the Cavs.
    300 units for a 99.9% chance of not getting him lol

Yeah, I hope I learned my lesson after the Apocalypse cavs, where I opened 5 and got absolutely nothing good. Idk if I should save for the next 6* featured (it looks crazy good but it will hurt even more to get a dud and it will kinda hurt my 6* progression) or keep opening basics because I only have 11 6 stars atm.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    Also don't discount Red Goblin he might not be Broken OP tier but he is going to be incredible
    edited October 2020

Werewrym said:

Top 5 and he isn't 5
    Top 4 and he isn't 4

I tend to not watch CCP vids so idk

Watch the vids, they'll blow your mind
    I don’t watch vids because when I want to form my own opinions on the champ when I get them free of bias, and want to figure out the rotation and playstyle on my own
    nice
    Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

Remember when you said the opposite about Apocalypse and it was wrong? Don’t jinx it for us lol.
    LOL, I don't want to jinx it
    Rookiie said:

Also don't discount Red Goblin he might not be Broken OP tier but he is going to be incredible

Yes, finally someone says this! I was a bit angered at how much Seatin and other youtubers were hating on Red Goblin! He has so much in his toolkit, just cuz he's not crazy broken OP doesn't make him anywhere near bad or average. He's an amazing champion and has TONS of damage and utility. I want CCP members to revisit him but I understand that the hype is all at CGR rn.
    Rookiie said:

Nah I think Kabam missed with Red Goblin and he isn't touching the god tier pantheon of cosmic class

He needs frenzy for his damage and has to build to an sp3 every game and even after full ramp-up he only props one at 65% hp, not to mention he doesn't have power gain buffs and his energize buff is painfully slow so his ramp is boring

Rookiie said:

He's an amazing champion and has TONS of damage and utility. I want CCP members to revisit him but I understand that the hype is all at CGR rn.
    There you go you said it right there. He has TONS of utility and something MSD mentioned today is that his tentacle attacks increase by 100% per debuff on the opponent. There's a lot we don't know about Red Goblin yet but there is alot that he is capable of. I would take him to 6-star R2 without thinking twice @Tatteshwar

Rookiie said:

Nah I think Kabam missed with Red Goblin and he isn't touching the god tier pantheon of cosmic class

He needs frenzy for his damage and has to build to an sp3 every game and even after full ramp-up he only props one at 65% hp, not to mention he doesn't have power gain buffs and his energize buff is painfully slow so his ramp is boring
    Though his ramp up may be slow, he also has a lot of utility, such as armor breaks, incinerate damage, incinerate immunity, evade, miss, and auto-block counter. He has so much utility and he gets his damage once ramped up.
    That's the thing though lol, I think Kabam held him back a little bit. His miss and auto block counter is tied to frenzy and that automatically makes it mediocre since you gotta reach an sp3 or fight 5 fights to get it at 65% so no instant or long upkeep, also some spiderverse champs have more than 100% chance of evading so he doesn't even stop that fully lol

Rookiie said:

Imo he won't touch the Beyond God Tier pantheon of Cosmics
    But he will lead the God Tiers - including Medusa, Venom & Cull Obsidian
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

He's an amazing champion and has TONS of damage and utility. I want CCP members to revisit him but I understand that the hype is all at CGR rn.
    There you go you said it right there. He has TONS of utility and something MSD mentioned today is that his tentacle attacks increase by 100% per debuff on the opponent. There's a lot we don't know about Red Goblin yet but there is alot that he is capable of. I would take him to 6-star R2 without thinking twice @Tatteshwar
    So would I. Green Goblin and Carnage are my 2 favorite Spider-Man villains (Venom too) and with Red Goblin, they are combined! How cool is that? Very cool. He is an amazing champion in my eyes and I would absolutely love to pull him as a 5 or 6 star.

Rookiie said:

Though his ramp up may be slow, he also has a lot of utility, such as armor breaks, incinerate damage, incinerate immunity, evade, miss, and auto-block counter. He has so much utility and he gets his damage once ramped up.
    That's the thing though lol, I think Kabam held him back a little bit. His miss and auto block counter is tied to frenzy and that automatically makes it mediocre since you gotta reach an sp3 or fight 5 fights to get it at 65% so no instant or long upkeep, also some spiderverse champs have more than 100% chance of evading so he doesn't even stop that fully lol
    Yeah he defo has his weaknesses but I think when ramped up he's an absolutely amazing champion, which is why I agree with @Rookiie in that Red Goblin is not beyond god tier but he is a god tier Cosmic champion.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    COSMIC GHOST RIDER IS ALREADY THE BEST COSMIC CHAMPION IN THE GAME AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE