**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Opinions on a Ghost Rider tune up?

AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
TUNE UP, not OVERHAUL. He’s already a solid champ, and I know that, but he has such great potential, that I do believe with better numbers, he could be much better. His incinerate immunity was a nice start.

Thoughts?

Comments

• DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Loki overhaul first.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Djin said:

Loki overhaul first.

Yes Loki’s so close to being amazing, but it’s hard to say what he needs. His sp1 should have a higher chance to refresh his curse in my opinion this would make him more practical instead of just relying on his stun to get off heavys which can be tricky because of how short the stuns are. Too high risk, little reward. Stackable curses perphaps?

Other then that some more dot and just a numbers boost I guess. The real issue are his synergy partners. His synergy champions are the ones that are in need of a huge rework. A team of Thor Rags, Hela and Diablo :disappointed: Lokis better with them, but not good enough to carry an entire team. This doesn’t even take into account the need to bring two mystics into the same quest either :neutral:

https://youtu.be/N0F29eqBfD4

https://youtu.be/gnafC3HZPjw

https://youtu.be/Q3RKyA9Hul0
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Ghost Rider would be ISANE with the right Tune Up! He's the staple of what a tune of champ should be, because he has a proven, solid kit, and everyone agrees all he lacks is damage. This is so easy to grant!

1. Make his Bleed strong. If his bleed was a very strong but short bleed(like Nick Fury), he'd deal some massive damage!
    2. Up his chance to place judgements.
    3. Make his fury more potent. It is already strong sure, but considering its the only one he gets, it can be stronger
    4. Maybe maye his Damnation deal much more damage. It deals far too less damage right now.
    5. Increase base stats!

Also I think he could benefit from an update too. Not really needed, but with his visuals, and make him better

Mediums and last Quick can be non-contact as they are chain attacks.

Make his SP hits inflict incinerate! He already looks like he is burning them. Why not?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I think he needs it, his damage is horrific, his fate seal power drain etc aren’t strong enough for him to really be used for that purpose, and he’s completely fallen out of the meta for players who’ve done act 5
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Double the potency on judgments.
    Give him the ability to reset judgments without sp3
    Increase attack
    HI_guys said:

Looks like GHost rider did get tuned

Wrong ghost rider, this post is on about the original ghost rider getting buffed, not cosmic getting nerfed
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Uh ghostrider did get buffed
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    yea i agree he is my favorite champ but he has fallen pretty far down the list.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    He’s called Cosmic Ghost Rider
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    I think some people here didn’t read the words “tune up” correctly. A tune up should only be applicable for champs who are solid but not insane, thus why ghost rider is so worthy of one imo. Overhauls and changes are for champs who actually suck. Punisher 2099 proved that a tune up for a champ at the lower tiers can only do so much.

Also don’t give me the “but ghost rider did get buffed thing”, because incinerate immunity is far from any sort of tune up.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I would swap his regen and degen judgement, so that he can use judgements more often.

Also his dmg coul be a tiny bit higher, but we are talking like 2-4% more
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    He is still really good so I dont see why
    MaxGaming said:

If by “really good” you mean “just above average”, then yeah I guess he is.
    edited October 2020
    One of the most important changes should be to make his judgements consistent. Tbh this should have happened ages ago.

I was thinking just simply tuning up the potency of his fury, bleed and power drain, whilst also increasing the duration of these and his fate seal and maybe his damnation debuffs. His regen is absolutely fine the way it is, so I see no reason to tune that up in any way.

I believe his damage and power control are the things that need buffing the most, but I believe buffing his buff control and his pretty useless bleed debuff would be a nice bonus.
  • Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    I wouldn’t be opposed to it but there are worse champs who need it more
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★

I actually disagree because tune ups on **** champions have always been ****. Ebony maw, annihilus, even the great punisher 2099 have not benefitted much. I think they would have much rathee benefitted from an update.

Tune ups in general are bad IMO, but there ARE champs that can bennefit. Champs like Ghostrider or Silver Surfer, fan favorites who have the right kit(demigod to lower gt), but arent used because of numbers. I think GR would be a great candidate for a tune up, because he has legit potential for tough content with more damage.

Such as? Most of the cha
    WRIR said:

I actually disagree because tune ups on **** champions have always been ****. Ebony maw, annihilus, even the great punisher 2099 have not benefitted much. I think they would have much rathee benefitted from an update.

Tune ups in general are bad IMO, but there ARE champs that can bennefit. Champs like Ghostrider or Silver Surfer, fan favorites who have the right kit(demigod to lower gt), but arent used because of numbers. I think GR would be a great candidate for a tune up, because he has legit potential for tough content with more damage.
    OH MY. Thank you! Finally, someone who understands it! People here saying there are worse champs don’t realise that those are the champs who benefit little from a tune up, and this has been proven as you have said.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Ghost Rider doesn’t need much to be brought back into the meta.

1. Incorporate Blade synergy into base kit. Brocade let’s be honest, champs don’t really get used unless their core mechanics are guaranteed

2. Tune up fury, bleed and damnation damage. Not massively, just enough to bring the overall damage output into 2020

3. Finally, and I think this is the most important one for me, switch his judgements. Move the fate seal and power drain into his basic combo, and the bleed and fury to his specials.

My big issue with Ghost rider is that it’s difficult to access his utility when you need it. I haven’t sat and considered this too much, so maybe it’s mucks up his kit too much, but he would be so much better if he had fate seal and power drain on demand

MaxGaming said:

If by “really good” you mean “just above average”, then yeah I guess he is.
    I wouldn’t even say above anymore, he’s middle of the pack
  • He’s got a good kit but the numbers aren’t there. If they made his judgements have 100% reliability and made the Blade synergy increase potency/duration instead and gave his damage a bump that’s pretty much all he needs.

Equally there’s a good 70/80 champs that need some love over him.
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    rel="AssumedName">I think some people here didn’t read the words “tune up” correctly. A tune up should only be applicable for champs who are solid but not insane, thus why ghost rider is so worthy of one imo. Overhauls and changes are for champs who actually suck. Punisher 2099 proved that a tune up for a champ at the lower tiers can only do so much.

Also don’t give me the “but ghost rider did get buffed thing”, because incinerate immunity is far from any sort of tune up.

A extra immunity, no matter how small , is still a positive addition to a champ, so it is a buff.
    Not meaning to argue though, I think he just needs maybe a stronger fury and maybe his effects can scale in potency depending on the amount of judgements, because the fate seal damnaton and bleed is not very effective.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    In each class, there are pretty clear older champs who have languished and should be updated, however that’s done. To wit, Falcon and Karnak in Skill, IP and Howard in Tech, IF and Juggs in Mystic, Miles and Rhino in Science and KK and Groot in Cosmic.

Throw in some team synergy tuneups to help other old champs (OGIM, OGCap, Sin Six) and you have the beginnings of a great revamp.

But I would defer any significant revamp of champs issued in the past year or two. That pains me, because I have some of the recent clunkers as 6* (Terrax, e.g.) but it seems fair to have to wait in exchange for revisions to champs who are older and/or more iconic in Marvel lore.

Dr. Zola
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    I think he actually needs relatively little. I used him all the time against much 'stronger' opponents. Maybe Claire or Doom could finish fights faster; but that's not the end-all, be-all of a champion.

I see people complain about his SP3 damage and completely fail to appreciate the simultaneous Power Lock, Heal Block and Fate Seal - which is an incredibly potent combination.

I'd really suggest one of:
    (a) 'Tune-Up' the Ability Accuracy of his judgements a bit. Only 10-15% or so - it's okay for them to fail a bit.
    (b) increase the effectiveness of his Sig ability by making it a unique buff that grants a boost simultaneously to Attack, Crit Rate and Crit damage. Or grants something different with utility, like True Accuracy.
    (c) introduce a default reset of his judgements 45s or 60s after he reaches four (five if Awakened). It won't happen often; but for those occasional fights where he'll literally never reach an SP3*, it would make a huge difference, since he's completely spannered if he can't access judgements in longer fights.
    * Nodes like Tranquility, Power Alternator, Tyranny, and so on.