**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Illogical Hero Abilities

2»

Comments

• Options
    SPIDER_MANSPIDER_MAN Posts: 136
    Luke cage should also be incinerate immune too
  • Options
    Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    thats like saying nick's bullet attacks should kill the human champions in 1 hit, doesnt make sense that they dont but what does make sense lol
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Again, your logic is being wrongly applied here.

Since when does fiction say that ice can't hurt ice, or fire can't hurt fire?
    It doesn't., because it's possible, and it happens everywhere

I'm fine with your first reaction, but this one's dumb. On one side of things, this is a game and Kabam can make whatever champs have whatever abilites they want. Make Iceman shoot fire from his hands for all I care. On the other side, you can't say that Sabretooth is coldsnap immune while Iceman isn't and then try to explain it away with logic.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Why you think we need more champions with immunities and why you think they should be immune to something and why to such effects?

Disregarding anything from outside sources, like comics or movies for example. As well as the visual models or ingame bio's

Ok so let's have robots start bleeding and characters like Thing apply coldsnap.
    Yes, so what? It would probably just doesn't make much sense if due to the real world logic, and is likely something that wouldn't happen regardless. But it's totally possible if coded to be that way.
    Etjama said:

you can't say that Sabretooth is coldsnap immune while Iceman isn't and then try to explain it away with logic.
    You can read a champion ability list to know what they can do or not
  • Options

HI_guys said:

Why you think we need more champions with immunities and why you think they should be immune to something and why to such effects?

Disregarding anything from outside sources, like comics or movies for example. As well as the visual models or ingame bio's

Ok so let's have robots start bleeding and characters like Thing apply coldsnap.
    Yes, so what? It would probably just doesn't make much sense if due to the real world logic, and is likely something that wouldn't happen regardless. But it's totally possible if coded to be that way.
    Etjama said:

you can't say that Sabretooth is coldsnap immune while Iceman isn't and then try to explain it away with logic.
    Did you even read what I said? I know what they can do. I'm fine with it. It's how Kabam decided to design them and that's all good with me. But explain it for what it is rather than trying to say that Iceman shouldn't actually be Coldsnap immune. Cause Sabretooth is. And if Sabretooth is Coldsnap immune because of a fur coat, Iceman should definitely be Coldsnap immune.
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Taskmaster is supposed to copy his opponents he doesn't in here
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    MaxGaming said:

He copies them to find their weakness, which he does, but it would be cool if he could use other champ's specials
  • Options
    Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Did you even read what I said? I know what they can do. I'm fine with it. It's how Kabam decided to design them and that's all good with me. But explain it for what it is rather than trying to say that Iceman shouldn't actually be Coldsnap immune. Cause Sabretooth is. And if Sabretooth is Coldsnap immune because of a fur coat, Iceman should definitely be Coldsnap immune.
    So, just think about it in other way. You are likely adding something that isn't there to your line of thinking.

You have 2x Characters: Character#28 and Charact#69. Let's disregard names or models here, and their bio from other source materials as well.
    Character#28 has a list of abilities. One of those abilities is an immunity to a specific effect. Coldsnap, for example.
    Then you have Character#69, which also has a different list of abilities. However, he doesn't have the same ability to be immune to Coldsnap, as Character#28 has.

Want me to continue?
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

MaxGaming said:

He copies them to find their weakness, which he does, but it would be cool if he could use other champ's specials
    Thats what I mean but the only thing that he copies is on his sp3 it replicates, Captain America then Blackpanther, and Moon Knight
  • Options
    JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

So, just think about it in other way. You are likely adding something that isn't there to your line of thinking.

You have 2x Characters: Character#28 and Charact#69. Let's disregard names or models here, and their bio from other source materials as well.
    Character#28 has a list of abilities. One of those abilities is an immunity to a specific effect. Coldsnap, for example.
    Then you have Character#69, which also has a different list of abilities. However, he doesn't have the same ability to be immune to Coldsnap, as Character#28 has.

Want me to continue?
    What? This adds nothing, you are just stating champion abilities.
  • Options

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Want me to continue?
    Yes. but now you can't say why does one of them has an ability, while the other one doesn't. And you won't make a mistake in to thinking that one should have an ability added to him, because there is no reason for it to have
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    If we’re going by this logic then Sabretooth should be poison immune
  • Options

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Want me to continue?
    Yes. but now you can't say why does one of them has an ability, while the other one doesn't. And you won't make a mistake in to thinking that one should have an ability added to him, because there is no reason for it to have
    Are you seriously going to put this on me? Let me put it clearly. FOR THE THIRD FREAKIN TIME, I ALREADY KNOW THIS!!!!! AND FOR THE THIRD FREAKIN TIME, I AGREE!!!!! I've said it over and over. Kabam can do whatever they want with their champs, but YOU, not me. YOU are the one that tried to justify it by saying Ice can hurt ice. So take your own advice and stop trying to give it to me.
  • Options
    What do you think is wrong with the "ice can hurt ice" statement?
  • Options
    JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Want me to continue?
    Simply giving champion abilities and saying they're like that because that's how they're coded doesn't help. You are just stating the obvious there.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Nothing, it's true. But you said:
    "Again, your logic is being wrongly applied here.

It doesn't., because it's possible, and it happens everywhere"

You're saying this as if it's logical that Iceman's not Coldsnap immune. It isn't logical. Yes, Kabam decided to make it that way. And yes, I'm okay with that. But no, it does not make sense when Sabretooth is Coldsnap immune. It's like saying that an ice sculpture of a puppy is more effected by freezing temperatures that an actual puppy is.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Surprised he forgot about electro being immune to himself lol
  • Options

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Want me to continue?
    Simply giving champion abilities and saying they're like that because that's how they're coded doesn't help. You are just stating the obvious there.
    If it is logical to you then good. You won't be one of those that rant about someone not being incinerate or coldnspap immune, for example.
    Etjama said:

You're saying this as if it's logical that Iceman's not Coldsnap immune. It isn't logical. Yes, Kabam decided to make it that way. And yes, I'm okay with that. But no, it does not make sense when Sabretooth is Coldsnap immune
    Why you think he shouldn't be immune to coldsnap?
    He is Character#28 that I mentioned earlier.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    At the end of the day, Kabam decides. It doesn't matter what logic is, because we have robots and people made of ice and clawed creatures. None of this is real life, so don't argue like it is real life.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Carnage bleed immune?