**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

iOS graphics

Hey everyone looking for some quick help. Those who have played on both iOS and Android know the game simply looks better on iOS ( lvl and special move effects) so my question is this - I just bought the iPad 8 and it looks exactly like a stinkin android?!? What gives is there a setting or am I out of luck?

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I don't think it's every champ/move. I'm not really sure how different it really is
  • ZachMonsterZachMonster Posts: 41
    It isn’t every champ but most of the levels and many of the new champs have enhanced looking special effects. Strange thing is I was just using the newest iPad Pro and it looked like every other iOS I’ve played on. Now all the sudden the newest iPad 8 doesn't perform?
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    When I switched from an Android to iOS (iPhone 11), I definitely noticed the drastic difference in graphics/effects and loading speed.
    Exactly my point so why are the graphics on the newest iPad going backwards? Its ridiculous that I might have to go get an older iPad just to appreciate better graphics. Not to happy at the moment tbh
    Just checked my girls iPad 7 and it looks as expected. All the iOS enhanced graphics. Looks like i may have bit it on the 8th gen..
  • @ZachMonster , so regarding @Donrefre 's older post, did you actually use BOTH the older PRO as well as newer (2020) PRO. In addition to the newer regular iPad 8th Gen (2020) (which is like poor Android) ?

In your thread here you’re saying the newest PRO was still good iOS graphics for game, but other thread you referenced last years PRO ?? Did you mean the previous release PRO for both comments (and the Newer was just regarding regular iPad 8th Gen ?)

FYI for others, Donrefe was saying the newest PRO looked like the poorer Android graphics for him.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Brack1984 said:

Just checked my girls iPad 7 and it looks as expected. All the iOS enhanced graphics. Looks like i may have bit it on the 8th gen..

Bummer, I felt the same when I got last years iPad mini. It wasn’t much better than my iPhone 8 which was 2 years old by that point. I feel like there could be better scaling or something. Not sure if that’s on kabam or the iPad at this point.
    Really? I have an iPad mini from over a year ago and made the switch from android and noticed major graphics upgrades. I also now have an iPhone 11 and notice no difference in graphics between the two.

• shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    Ghost and Magneto have special effects
  • shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    Even prof x has
    @SummonerNR ok so I was playing on a 2019 iPad pro, whatever the most recent edition is. Looked amazing. I also played on my girls iPad 7 and same thing. I went and bought the 8 and it looks like dump. So I guess I'm just going to have to return the 8 and get something older. Im really confused by what makes the 8 inferior to its older generations. Especially seeing as it just came out.

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

@SummonerNR ok so I was playing on a 2019 iPad pro, whatever the most recent edition is. Looked amazing. I also played on my girls iPad 7 and same thing. I went and bought the 8 and it looks like dump. So I guess I'm just going to have to return the 8 and get something older. Im really confused by what makes the 8 inferior to its older generations. Especially seeing as it just came out.

seven ate nine
    Just a poor quality joke
    Everything is up-to-date ran diagnostics on mine and my girls ipad. And seriously why tf would I be playing on an outdated version of the game
    I'm at a loss brother. At this point in not sure what the deal is. Im going to return it today and probably just get the pro. I know that works and operates the way it should on ios. The iPad 8 was only 350$ so apple might have switched something up. Figures thats my luck with tech.. none of this makes any sense and its pretty frustrating.
  • DonrefreDonrefre Posts: 124 ★★
    Wow @SummonerNR how can you remember my post on this topic?
    I'm really impressed
    edited October 2020

I'm at a loss brother. At this point in not sure what the deal is. Im going to return it today and probably just get the pro. I know that works and operates the way it should on ios. The iPad 8 was only 350$ so apple might have switched something up. Figures thats my luck with tech.. none of this makes any sense and its pretty frustrating.

I'm currently playing on iPad pro (11") and the game has the exact same ghapics of any other Android device
    And it periodically lags too... bruh!
    Yea ridiculous. Doesn't make any sense at this point. I'll definitely be trying it before I buy my next one..
    So this is on kabam not apple right?
    Thats what im guessing i don't know what else it could be. I wondered if it was because the 8 was so new it just hasn't caught up but that really doesn't make any sense.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    i think Kabam may have reduced some of the stage effects, i remember i used to get rain on the Hells Kitchen stage but havent noticed it lately.

the Surtur stage still has all that smoke when i'm fighting Void tho, which makes him almost invisible, lol.

for reference i'm on an iPhone Xr.
    Now I'm wondering if I should return it or wait it out haha. Watch ill wait and it will never change
    @Red_Guardian have any idea how long it usually takes to get optimized and up to speed?
  • O_Deadpool_OO_Deadpool_O Posts: 140 ★★
    edited October 2020

Exactly my point so why are the graphics on the newest iPad going backwards? Its ridiculous that I might have to go get an older iPad just to appreciate better graphics. Not to happy at the moment tbh

The same thing, I have IPad Pro 2020 and the graphics is the same as on my Xiaomi... Really frustrating.
    There are no special effects for ghost or other champs..

The same thing, I have IPad Pro 2020 and the graphics is the same as on my Xiaomi... Really frustrating.
    There are no special effects for ghost or other champs..
    Yeah I know this thing makes me so mad :#
    At least the inputs are way better on Ios
  • Donrefre said:

Wow @SummonerNR how can you remember my post on this topic?
    I'm really impressed

Lol. Because Zach had commented yesterday into your older one from July/Aug too. Seemed like you had different experience than him regarding the PRO, so wanted your input back here whether your PRO from earlier in year was still looking like Android or if you were getting the better iOS visual effects now on it after several months later.
    @O_Deadpool_O can u screen it so we can see what it looks like on your pro?