**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What are your predictions for Round 2 of Champion Buffs?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
I don't think we should have any mutants in this next round of buffs because other classes need improving. These are predictions btw, not hopes. There have been a ton of threads asking who they would like buffed the most.

Overhaul (2): Sentry (Kabam John teased it on twitter), Miles Morales (PS4 game and he's getting a lot of attention in the media recently)
Update (2): Karnak (make all of his abilities much better and add a ton of new 2020 abilities like guaranteed crits, cruelty, harder hitting specials (please), etc. + the skill class needs better champions), Moon Knight (I think Moon Knight has so much potential to become a Sorcerer Supreme like champion where instead of his phases being based on the time of the month which is unreliable, it can be based on the time of the fight like Sorcerer/Symbiote Supreme and each phase can give him really cool abilities. You could also choose which phase to start in like Sorcerer Supreme through a pre-fight ability. I'd also like to see him get some resistances to certain DOT types because he's from the Moon. This may be borderline overhaul depending on how many new abilities need to be added but I guess we'll learn exactly what an "update" is with the upcoming Gambit and Falcon buffs.
Tune-Up (1): Nova (Similar to how they decreased the battery loss rates, they could decrease the Nova charge loss rates and increase her damage numbers to make it worthwhile to keep tracking your Nova charges)

As for my hopes, I want to see Groot get an overhaul but for some reason I don't see it happening (maybe it will, maybe I'm crazy).

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    science is top half in class rankings but I wouldn't mind a joe fixit buff because I feel like the class has been stale. skill definitely needs more buffs and I can see kingpin or agent venom getting updates. and then of course the iron men

edit: domino because she sucks right
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    Daredevil would be cool to see buffed.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Cable.

Kidding.
    Venompool. He looks so cool. Shame he sucks

Lol

Yeah Venompool defo needs an overhaul

science is top half in class rankings but I wouldn't mind a joe fixit buff because I feel like the class has been stale. skill definitely needs more buffs and I can see kingpin or agent venom getting updates. and then of course the iron men

edit: domino because she sucks right

I agree with Joe Fixit. He's probably one of, if not the worst science champion in the game so he defo deserves a buff. I wanna see skill buffs a lot as well because their class is so far behind and they just have so many duds. I like Kingpin a lot cuz he's a Spider-Man villain, I just wish he was good in game. Iron men too. Great choices.

Daredevil would be cool to see buffed.

Would be sick. He deserves it.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    Same answer I always give....Groot and IF.
    Monke said:

Science
    Miles, sentry and Joe

I agree with all 3.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Cable.

But please, for the love of god, buff Miles.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    Prediction or hope?

Prediction: a tech, cosmic or science champ, so I'll guess Rocket and Groot.

Hope: I have all of these 6-star meme champs: Iron Fist, Juggs, both Cyclops, Daredevil, Karnak, Diablo, Drax, Groot, Rocket, Iron Patriot, SIM, Kamala Khan, Rhino and Joe Fixit. So any of those will help me out, please and thank you Kabam.
    Lvernon15 said:

I’d like to see domino in the rework category

Yeah she needs a whole new set of utility.
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    I wonder if there will be a bumper end to the year and they've kept quiet on what comes next so that it's a nice surprise. Next month is the end of the buffs that we've been told about and December through to January is normally an exciting time in terms of content and events.

There are plenty of champs to be sorted out and we've made loads of guesses, I'm just happy they're being worked on much more frequently now.
    Crcrcrc said:

I honestly want Groot to stay a meme. If him and Karnak became good, we could only make fun of Domino.

No Groot deserves his justice he's a nice tree 😭
    Oh I want Rocket buffed as well. He's so cool. Hopefully an overhaul.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

He actually doesn’t need an overhaul. A tune up or update would work just fine for him. He’s def in need of better damage and probably a pinch of utility, but he isn’t as bad as say, Juggernaut.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

He actually doesn’t need an overhaul. A tune up or update would work just fine for him. He’s def in need of better damage and probably a pinch of utility, but he isn’t as bad as say, Juggernaut.
    Yeah, I’d say update, increase the numbers for his damage stuff, a massive crit ramp up champ is always fun, but then improve his shields to give him extreme resistance to that specific effect, then add some extra utility in, like some emp weaponry with some power drain mechanics
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

I honestly want Groot to stay a meme. If him and Karnak became good, we could only make fun of Domino.

No Groot deserves his justice he's a nice tree 😭
    His sig ability is called gentle giant. He isn't meant to hit hard.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    My predictions are based on a few things:
    1. The mutant class won't see anything for at least a few months, and they shouldn't
    2. I am guessing the new champs next month will be a science and a skill... no idea who though
    3. The guardians will get some much deserved love
    4. Some of the powerful Marvel characters get the respect the deserve.... ala Magneto
    5. Spider Verse characters will be a focus of next fall to tie in with the new Spider Man movie
    6. Certain champs with a powerful counterpart aren't the focus of Kabam. Example - IMIW is awesome, so no need to buff Iron Man or Superior Iron Man just yet

December - Iron Fist (tune-up); Ulton (tune-up)
    January - The month of Thor - OG Thor and Thor Rag (overhaul)
    February - Guardian Month - Rocket (Update) and Groot (update)
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    What prediction? Aren’t we supposed to choose who gets buffed next?
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

What prediction? Aren’t we supposed to choose who gets buffed next?

It did say in the dev diary that there would be a summoner's choice for a buff, but not right away.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Ebony maw and dormammu for update
    Iron fist and spiderman miles morales for overhaul
    Maybe moonknight tuneup?