**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam’s slow drip of t5cc

Comments

• Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    If everything goes right this cyber Monday for the unit offers, I should have my first R2 6*, and first R3 6*. I’m 47% there towards a Tier 5 skill catalyst.
  • HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102
    naikavon said:

TyEdge said:

Kabam has already created a problematic dilemma in progression, by making 6-stars so much tougher to rank and get to high sigs. On top of that, future ranks are insanely expensive for a reduced benefit compared to other rankups.

Honestly, I felt like t5cc should’ve been a premium item when the glory store was updated months ago (very small quantities for a fairly high price, maybe 2% random for 1000-1200 glory.) From there, you could make a choice between deepening your pool of max 5-stars and 2/35 6-stars, or slowly pursuing rank 3 6-stars.

Instead, they’ve made it easier to get choice 5-stars, barely easier to get and dupe 6-stars (since the pool continues to expand), and there’s only one way to $uccessfully rank them, besides 1-2 you might get from game progression.

The 15% selector offer is hugely disappointing when 100%ing 30 paths of cavalier EQ only nets a random 10%. I know Kabam has made this resource more available, but it’s a drip. I don’t need a flood, but a steady stream would be fair. I’m about to get my 24th champ to 5/65, but I’m nowhere close to a rank 3 6-star, and that seems like a structural flaw in how this resource had made its way to many of the players.

I might be in the minority on this but I hope it continues for a while longer being difficult to obtain. The moment t5cc are no longer difficult to obtain is the moment 5/65 cease to be viable and are relegated to 4 star status.

Why are you in such a hurry to invalidate the majority of your roster?
    Could you ever Invalidate a 5/65 Awakened Archangel or Human Torch if you don't own them at 6 Stars?
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

Well, i don’t think it’s Kabam did anything wrong. If thronebreaker is such “easy” to be achieved, it’s not valuable any more.

On top of that, there is a high update on thronebreaker daily crystal. If the gap between Cavalier summoners and ThroneBreaker summoners is not large enough, like Kabam said, the economy of this game will be disrupted. 🤷🏾‍♂️

The gap between TB and Cav summoners is defined far, far, far more by willingness to spend money than willingness play the game and skill to clear content. No other progression point in the game tilts so heavily towards spending.
    Right now no. In the past yes. Every step in progression has been this way.
    The first to beat the collector was done with tons of units because of how few counters there were.

The first to be Cavalier was also roster restricted because of nodes in act 6 and types of boss fights. Those with stacked rosters from spending sped through the content leaving others behind.

Every game out there that allows spending has huge gaps. You'll never ever get away from it.

Also, all new resource types are slowly introduced. They eventually become more and more common. Just the way it goes.
    But it was units to get through content, distinguishable from dollars to get special offers for t5cc selectors to bypass content-based roster progression.
    Where were you when everyone was complaining that Cavalier was a cash grab, and Uncollected was a cash grab before that? The complaint that something in the game is a cash grab is so ubiquitous, it has long ceased to have any significance. It is simply a true statement that if you've been around long enough, everything people complain about being a cash grab becomes trivialized over time relatively quickly. The complaints about Thronebreaker being a cash grab are going to go the way of Act 6.1 being a cash grab, or Uncollected monthly EQ being a cash grab, or Realm of Legends being a cash grab.

Also, "but this time it is different" is also a complaint that is growing increasingly more meaningless over time. People talk about how the game's progress has always been tied to beating content, but that's not true. It was Uncollected and 5.2 Collector that introduced that progress point. Before that, it was summoner level that just required grinding XP. You did not need to do any difficult content to gain XP. Act 6 introduced roster gates, and thus Cavalier required not just completing 6.1, it also required basically getting past a roster check. Thronebreaker now requires a different roster check. But it is still a roster check which Cavalier introduced prior to TB.
    Agree. The only thing that might rival the ubiquitous "cash grab" is the "slap in the face" lol. I've never seen people's faces slapped so much as on the Forum.

• Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217

TyEdge said:

Well, i don’t think it’s Kabam did anything wrong. If thronebreaker is such “easy” to be achieved, it’s not valuable any more.

On top of that, there is a high update on thronebreaker daily crystal. If the gap between Cavalier summoners and ThroneBreaker summoners is not large enough, like Kabam said, the economy of this game will be disrupted. 🤷🏾‍♂️

The gap between TB and Cav summoners is defined far, far, far more by willingness to spend money than willingness play the game and skill to clear content. No other progression point in the game tilts so heavily towards spending.
    Spending is not the only way to get an R3. Just a way for people who have less patience.
    Even with a t5cc, not having accurate/desirable champion is useless!!
    I'm sure they are going to offer t5cc selector with money!!!
    And everyone having right champion and wrong t5cc wanted to be TB have to spend money on it!!
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    Not going to add too much to the r3 argument , but a 5% t5cc crystal every week in the aq store for about 1500 glory for cav players would be nice.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

The first to beat the collector was done with tons of units because of how few counters there were.

The first to be Cavalier was also roster restricted because of nodes in act 6 and types of boss fights. Those with stacked rosters from spending sped through the content leaving others behind.

Every game out there that allows spending has huge gaps. You'll never ever get away from it.

Also, all new resource types are slowly introduced. They eventually become more and more common. Just the way it goes.
    But it was units to get through content, distinguishable from dollars to get special offers for t5cc selectors to bypass content-based roster progression.

I know players bought shards back in the day (and t2a and T5b) but you didn’t have to have two 4/55 champs to be uncollected or a 5/65 to be cavalier.
    When uncollected was released, you'd have to have been the biggest whales at the time to have a 4/55 for act 5. The only place to get 5* shards and T2A was LoL. Most of those who plowed through that content, bought those units. We didn't have R5's to do UC. We didn't have half the champs we do now to do it either.

There will always be a gap and the rarest resources will.alway come slowly for those who can't hang in the hardest content or buy their way through.
    Am I remembering this totally wrong? Weren’t there 4 t2a for 100% act 4? I thought that was where I got my first 4/55 years ago.

I guess my problem is this: my roster used to look like a pretty normal curve: some champs I didn’t bother with, a lot of champs I ranked some, and special champs I maxed out. I feel like this is logical. When t2a prices dropped in the glory store way back when, you could chase more 3/45 champs easily or take a tougher/slower path towards t2a.

It feels like we are well past that point with t5cc. If t5b are going to be this obtainable via glory, there should be a premium price for t5cc, especially if it’s going to be sold this often. I’m gonna have 30 5/65s before I get a rank 3 champ.
    I was wrong. Act 4 has 4. But back befor UC was a thing, having a 5* you'd want to take up was really rare. 5* weren't readily available like they are now. So most were using 5/50's to do UC. It took part to 2 years if not that for 5* shards to be flowing like 4* shards were. T5CC just isn't that close yet.
    My roster was so bad back then, Sym Spidey ended up being my first R4 5*. Had already had 1 t2a expire and couldn't deal with letting another one go so he went up as he was legitimately my best option at the time.
    I lucked out. Starlord was my first 2 5* pulls. Then OG Spidey. He was my first 4/55.... And never made it past that lol

Think that was around the time I finally started trying to explore 5.3. I was behind a lot of people on Act 5 for a good while.
    That looked a lot like mine back in the day. I don't think I had as many 5*'s. Blade did 90% of the work for me in act 5.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

I know players bought shards back in the day (and t2a and T5b) but you didn’t have to have two 4/55 champs to be uncollected or a 5/65 to be cavalier.
    When uncollected was released, you'd have to have been the biggest whales at the time to have a 4/55 for act 5. The only place to get 5* shards and T2A was LoL. Most of those who plowed through that content, bought those units. We didn't have R5's to do UC. We didn't have half the champs we do now to do it either.

There will always be a gap and the rarest resources will.alway come slowly for those who can't hang in the hardest content or buy their way through.
    Am I remembering this totally wrong? Weren’t there 4 t2a for 100% act 4? I thought that was where I got my first 4/55 years ago.

I guess my problem is this: my roster used to look like a pretty normal curve: some champs I didn’t bother with, a lot of champs I ranked some, and special champs I maxed out. I feel like this is logical. When t2a prices dropped in the glory store way back when, you could chase more 3/45 champs easily or take a tougher/slower path towards t2a.

It feels like we are well past that point with t5cc. If t5b are going to be this obtainable via glory, there should be a premium price for t5cc, especially if it’s going to be sold this often. I’m gonna have 30 5/65s before I get a rank 3 champ.
    I was wrong. Act 4 has 4. But back befor UC was a thing, having a 5* you'd want to take up was really rare. 5* weren't readily available like they are now. So most were using 5/50's to do UC. It took part to 2 years if not that for 5* shards to be flowing like 4* shards were. T5CC just isn't that close yet.
    My roster was so bad back then, Sym Spidey ended up being my first R4 5*. Had already had 1 t2a expire and couldn't deal with letting another one go so he went up as he was legitimately my best option at the time.
    I lucked out. Starlord was my first 2 5* pulls. Then OG Spidey. He was my first 4/55.... And never made it past that lol

Think that was around the time I finally started trying to explore 5.3. I was behind a lot of people on Act 5 for a good while.
    That looked a lot like mine back in the day. I don't think I had as many 5*'s. Blade did 90% of the work for me in act 5.
    Didn't get blade as a 5* until he was completely unnecessary but I think I got the 4* not long after those screen shots

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

Didn't get blade as a 5* until he was completely unnecessary but I think I got the 4* not long after those screen shots
    I whaled out for him on his release. He was also my first R5 5* after 100% Act 5.
    Oh I opened like 8 of his featured crystals between the 2 opportunities and whaled HARD on gmcs for Blade and still nothing. Fine with it now as I never went through that phase over reliance on him that plenty of people did at the time. Man it stung for a while though lol. He still sits at R4 out of spite bc of that.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Oh I opened like 8 of his featured crystals between the 2 opportunities and whaled HARD on gmcs for Blade and still nothing. Fine with it now as I never went through that phase over reliance on him that plenty of people did at the time. Man it stung for a while though lol. He still sits at R4 out of spite bc of that.

I struck out on 2-3 feature 5-stars then I had to grind for him in 4-star basic arena...over 6m points. The next February, I went 2/5 and it carried me to cavalier.
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Do people really think that kabam is putting t5b and 10k 5 star shards in Thronebreaker daily crystal and yet make it an easy title to achieve? Use logic. if you can't get a r3 6-star, then ur not ready for the rewards. PERIODT
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    I think we have seen a significant increase to tier 5 class catalyst fragments

He was the first I ever spent big money on. I was incredibly dependent on him though. It took a good long time for me to learn how to not Blade my way through everything.

He was the first I ever spent big money on. I was incredibly dependent on him though. It took a good long time for me to learn how to not Blade my way through everything.
    Same thing happened with tons of people. Basically the same thing going on with Corvus and even Quake too a much smaller extent currently. People have fits when they can't blitz or cheese their way through stuff with them
  • KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 311 ★★★
    Pratham02 said:

Not going to add too much to the r3 argument , but a 5% t5cc crystal every week in the aq store for about 15000 glory for cav players would be nice.

Fixed the glory amount for you!
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Run map 7 epic difficulty you get five 2% a week. Reality is r3 is too powerful for some content only get to try them out in cavalier

I get 12% a week, your numbers are slightly off
  • why is everyone in such a rush for r3s? They arent a big jump, except prestige.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

why is everyone in such a rush for r3s? They arent a big jump, except prestige.

Honestly, because it’s eventually unsatisfying ranking an insane number of champs to the same level, and knowing that 6r3 is attainable would create real incentive for players to rank 6-stars instead of yet another 5-star.
  • TyEdge said:

why is everyone in such a rush for r3s? They arent a big jump, except prestige.

Honestly, because it’s eventually unsatisfying ranking an insane number of champs to the same level, and knowing that 6r3 is attainable would create real incentive for players to rank 6-stars instead of yet another 5-star.
    in the end rankups are to bypass content. There is no content in game that requires r3 6*. I'd rather rank up r5 5* atm, i do have multiple r3 6*.
  • LiamS1990LiamS1990 Posts: 96
    I'm just super happy that kabam never gives me the t5cc shards I need only been 4 months of running map 7x5 with epic mods and always getting the t5cc I dont need haha. Maybe because kabam likes to tease me so much
  • FireflyFirefly Posts: 4
    they should have a mechanic to control the RNG of the t5cc, too many people I know got all of the same class t5cc after finishing the abyss... 3 skill, 3 tech, etc. And not even a class they could use. And then to form one slowly takes forever...
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    Firefly said:

they should have a mechanic to control the RNG of the t5cc, too many people I know got all of the same class t5cc after finishing the abyss... 3 skill, 3 tech, etc. And not even a class they could use. And then to form one slowly takes forever...

If you can control RNG then it’s not RNG anymore isn’t it?
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Blade was so fun back in the day. He literally could do all content. There isn't a champ that was as powerful as bad when he was released.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Akumaccb said:

Firefly said:

If you can control RNG then it’s not RNG anymore isn’t it?
    By definition RNG is unpredictable. But that doesn't mean you have no control at all. A card counter doesn't control the deck of cards: they are random whether they count or not. A card counter controls their bets, and knows which situations are advantageous and which are not.

Which class did I choose whenever I got selectors? Answer: whichever one I had the most of. I didn't look at roster. I made the calculation that having a whole one was more valuable than steering my catalysts towards the class I wanted to rank the most. I did get lucky with a 6* Ghost pull. But that luck would have been worthless if I had steered my catalysts towards the class I was more likely to rank up based on roster at the time (which was probably skill), or if I steered them into a class that I was hoping to pull a strong r3 candidate from (say, steering into mystic and then praying for Doom). I calculated that it was going to be faster to pull a good choice for a catalyst I already had than craft a catalyst that random chance wasn't handing out, and by chance most of the random crystals generated tech.

But that also means opening 6* crystals is pretty important. And I've been focused on generating as many 6* shards as possible for a while now, long before Thronebreaker was a thing. That means when I get the occasional offer, I choose the ones that generate more 6* crystals or shards. That means I steer my incursions artifacts towards 6* shards. I have been opening only basic 5* crystals for a long time now because they generate more 6* shards through duplication. And I grind arena specifically for 5* and 6* shards, to increase my chances of getting better 6* pulls. So while pulling Ghost had an element of random luck, I made sure to get as many shots at that luck as possible.

You can't control the hand you're dealt. But you can control how you play the hands you're dealt, and how many hands you decide to play.
    Firefly said:

Just like AGs, you eventually get champs to use them on, or T4CC. This is after all a collection based game. Sometimes you have to sit on resources until you can use them. Early on, we sat on T4CC because they were hard to get. Now, they are a dime a dozen.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Firefly said:

Just like AGs, you eventually get champs to use them on, or T4CC. This is after all a collection based game. Sometimes you have to sit on resources until you can use them. Early on, we sat on T4CC because they were hard to get. Now, they are a dime a dozen.
    I remember when people were calculating how many years it would take to form a T4CC, on the assumption that the only source of T4CC shards available for most players not in top AQ alliances was going to be selling T3CC. Those guys should be getting their first T4CC right around now.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Oh God. Trigger! I remember when the only hope of T4CC was being in one of "those" Alliances.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Oh God. Trigger! I remember when the only hope of T4CC was being in one of "those" Alliances.

I was always in an alliance where the map rewards gave out t4cc. Like I currently play map 7 with full mods. Honestly just play map 7, all you need to do is look up youtube videos on how to play the lane your given if you have more than 10 r5 champions. If you're not playing map 7 full mods complaining about t5cc makes you look bad not Kabam being stingy.