**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Champs you're all expecting in 2021(I know 2020 isn't over but I couldn't wait)

Comments

• Options
    Valkyrie
  • Options
    gage201205gage201205 Posts: 573 ★★★

I think Morbius would be pretty cool. we're lacking on vampires. :)

About to say the same thing dude has his own movie
  • Options
    jaysavagejaysavage Posts: 348 ★★
    @WRIR with shang-schi coming out this month there should be asian characters and I'm pretty sure silver-samurai is asian and confirmed. I'm sure they're gonna put gay and asian characters in game. Just give them time. They can't do it all in 1 month.
  • Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Lizard would be cool, and I bet he'd have some awesome animations
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★
    WRIR said:

Wiccan to get some representation. Only one gay character in the game so far, iceman, (plus Deadpool is definitely pan, but that’s not technically confirmed).

I mean if we're going for representation, where are the asian characrers? More asians worldwide than gay people, there aren't any yet. (I dont count pslocke cuz she's a white woman stealing an asian body.)
    Well, there's Quake, Kamala Khan and... uh...
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★

WRIR said:

Wiccan to get some representation. Only one gay character in the game so far, iceman, (plus Deadpool is definitely pan, but that’s not technically confirmed).

I mean if we're going for representation, where are the asian characrers? More asians worldwide than gay people, there aren't any yet. (I dont count pslocke cuz she's a white woman stealing an asian body.)
    Quake is not really asian, and Khamala is Pakistani. But I don't mean too much about the representation thing, I just mentioned it cuz someone else said it about needing more gay characters, so I wanted to point out that technically there are 0 asian characters in game right now too.
  • Options
    jaysavage said:

@WRIR with shang-schi coming out this month there should be asian characters and I'm pretty sure silver-samurai is asian and confirmed. I'm sure they're gonna put gay and asian characters in game. Just give them time. They can't do it all in 1 month.

Yeah. I didnt say we should get them now tho. Was just responding to the diversity thing.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

WRIR said:

Quake is Asian-American, so it does count, but Kamala is a Pakistani.
  • Options
    HippoSleek_JHippoSleek_J Posts: 172 ★★
    Does anyone remember the 'competition' held to design a new champ?
    Pretty sure The Sandman was the winning champ. I also sent a skillset/abilities in for him.
    Pretty surprised he hasn't made it in yet.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    They'll probably have at least one super obscure champ like Peggy Carter or something.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    "KaMaLa'S pAkIsTaNi ThOuGh"
    Pakistan, officially the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, is a country in South Asia. It is the world's fifth-most populous country with a population exceeding 212.2 million. It has the world's second-largest Muslim population. It is the 33rd-largest country by area, spanning 881,913 square kilometres (340,509 square miles). Pakistan has a 1,046-kilometre (650-mile) coastline along the Arabian Sea and Gulf of Oman in the south and is bordered by India to the east, Afghanistan to the west, Iran to the southwest, and China to the northeast. It is separated narrowly from Tajikistan by Afghanistan's Wakhan Corridor in the northwest, and also shares a maritime border with Oman.
  • Options

WRIR said:

Quake is Asian-American, so it does count, but Kamala is a Pakistani.
    Quake's mother is, but her father's white. Also, I really don't want to make a big deal about this.
  • Options
    Manny_pettyManny_petty Posts: 17
    id also like to see chthon
  • Options

"KaMaLa'S pAkIsTaNi ThOuGh"

Pakistan, officially the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, is a country in South Asia. It is the world's fifth-most populous country with a population exceeding 212.2 million. It has the world's second-largest Muslim population. It is the 33rd-largest country by area, spanning 881,913 square kilometres (340,509 square miles). Pakistan has a 1,046-kilometre (650-mile) coastline along the Arabian Sea and Gulf of Oman in the south and is bordered by India to the east, Afghanistan to the west, Iran to the southwest, and China to the northeast. It is separated narrowly from Tajikistan by Afghanistan's Wakhan Corridor in the northwest, and also shares a maritime border with Oman.

Are you American? Usually when people say Asian they mean relatively east Asian. Asia is the largest continent in the world. I'm pretty sure by CONTEXT you understood what I meant, that there aren't any real east Asian characters in game. The fact that Kamala is Pakistani does nothing to disprove that.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Apparently, for Americans, Brown Asians aren't Asian enough. Lol.
  • Options

I made a mistake. I meant East Asain. There. You happy?

Also, even if we have 1 Asian character, in terms of representation, its still bad. Asian people together make up 5.6% of America. Even if we just count America, there should be more than 1 considering there are more than a hundred characters.

I thought this year would be the year we see more Asian characters as an Asian myself. I was hoping to see Shang Chi and Gilgamesh. But they were pushed back. That's why I mentioned it. And I actually didn't know Kamala was asian. It's hard to tell, because in the comics, they focused on the fact that she's Muslim much more, I guess because the marketing team considers her as a token muslim rather than a token Asian.

I really don't want to keep arguing about this. I explained what I meant, and I don't think its hard to tell by context what I meant either.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    WRIR said:

Nope. Lol.

I'm good that there's no character representing us as a Southeast Asian, but don't own the 'Asian' tag. Lol.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★

WRIR said:

Nope. Lol.

I'm good that there's no character representing us as a Southeast Asian, but don't own the 'Asian' tag. Lol.
    Hold on, Russia's considered to be a European/Asian country. Doesn't that mean that some of the russian characters are asian if they hail from the east.