**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Here are the Falcon buff notes

2»

Comments

• DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    looks good but honestly i'm still not gonna use him.
  • When does the buff go live?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Lunae said:

@Berserker22 I do not.

8 Seconds isn't too long, especially when it can be up for 16 seconds (40% longer than that against Science) - if it had near 100% uptime, it would be insanely overpowered.

100% Defensive Ability Accuracy Reduction is huge.

What would be wrong with it being “insanely overpowered”? I can’t see being Falcon that spectacular yet, unless his damage is really good, but 100% uptime alone doesn’t seem very op to me. Even factoring in his ability accuracy reduction, I don’t know that I’d consider that op either.

I wish Kabam would get out to the habit of designing champions with such tight windows. In perfect fights it’s fun, but with how defensive the ais have been acting lately, which seems like
    most of the time, it’s just a buzzkill. Hopefully it is long enough to be practical, fun and realistic for the players, if not he better have some good burst damage to go along with it at the very least.
    Idk what game you're playing, but 100% Defensive AAR at all all times is OP. Even Quake's AAR doesn't have 100% uptime since you lose concussion when you dash back.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

Honestly I would need to see him in action. I do think Gambit got the better buff, but then again locked on with the lower cooldown might be very nice.

Where is the gambit buff notes? I can't find it

@Berserker22 I do not.

8 Seconds isn't too long, especially when it can be up for 16 seconds (40% longer than that against Science) - if it had near 100% uptime, it would be insanely overpowered.

I think the point is that most other evade counters can counter evade throughout the fight which begs the question: Why should I rank up Falcon when I have to be without evade counter for 8 seconds every 16 seconds? Add in nodes that punish defensive playstyle and you will get wrecked if the enemy evades while your ability is on cooldown.
    I think it should be reduced to 6 seconds. 8 is too long and 4/5 is too short. 6 is perfectly balanced ( As all things should be )
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Lunae said:

@Berserker22 I do not.

What would be wrong with it being “insanely overpowered”? I can’t see being Falcon that spectacular yet, unless his damage is really good, but 100% uptime alone doesn’t seem very op to me. Even factoring in his ability accuracy reduction, I don’t know that I’d consider that op either.

I wish Kabam would get out to the habit of designing champions with such tight windows. In perfect fights it’s fun, but with how defensive the ais have been acting lately, which seems like
    most of the time, it’s just a buzzkill. Hopefully it is long enough to be practical, fun and realistic for the players, if not he better have some good burst damage to go along with it at the very least.
    Idk what game you're playing, but 100% Defensive AAR at all all times is OP. Even Quake's AAR doesn't have 100% uptime since you lose concussion when you dash back.
    But does Quake hit the opponent tho?
    Yeah, I know the combination of the AAR and no contact is what makes her a God, but 100% Defensive AAR at all times is still too OP.
    Lunae said:

Etjama said:

Lunae said:

@Berserker22 I do not.

True, but I doubt falcon will be as great as Quake lol. Still don’t really consider it would become “op” from what it already is, simply just by shaving some seconds off the timer. OMG that would just break the game...
    OMG that would break the game? As if I'm talking about about Shaving some seconds off the timer?
    Shaving some seconds off the timer would be great. Making it have 100% uptime without any effort on your part would just be dumb and it's why OG Black Widow was nerfed.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    Wow!

Kabam have done a Magneto like improvement to Falcon!!
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    OG Black Widow nerf was dumb tho... especially when you can just boost it back up with synergies. The whole point of my post was that shaving some seconds off wouldn’t be that impactful, but just slight more beneficial for the players and I don’t see how that’s such a bad thing so I don’t know what your taking about. I also don’t know what your talking about regarding “effortless” when I never said the word or implied otherwise. Reducing the timer by a few seconds is hardly that less “effortless”. I was just hypothetically stating that whether it’s “near” 100% or 100% regarding Falcon is irrelevant and trivial in his case.

Either way whether it is op or not it’s all just personal opinion, but pretty much everybody was blindsided by that Widow nerf and on top of that I remember many finding it unnecessary so I still don’t see what the big deal is. Widow still has a potential high reduction, but I don’t see her breaking the game and unless Falcons coming with major damage I don’t see him breaking it either, 5 seconds or not.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Why are people saying the buff is bad before even seeing it in action?
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 444 ★★★
    At least on paper I can’t see him being something I’m gonna be going out of my way to rank up at all lol he’s better obviously...but better doesn’t mean he’s amazing😂
    Also probably won’t rank anyway bc, well, I hated Falcon anyway lol