**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5 Star shards

Dear Kabam,
If my memory was correct, you said that four-star and five-star shards would become more easy to get.
Do you mind telling me, from which places do the shards becoming more easily? Because I was expecting some shards, even four-star shards, would be adding to the monthly calendar. But obviously no. So please, tell me where exactly we can get more shards.

Comments

• Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Drop Odin's on Grandmaster Crystals.

#KamamLogic
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    $$$$$$ seems to be the only way
  • Options
    MarkxMarkx Posts: 209
    Or you know you guys could 100% heroic cause that gives you a decent amount of 5* shards
  • Options
    TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Markx wrote: »
    Or you know you guys could 100% heroic cause that gives you a decent amount of 5* shards

Everyone does them master too. The thing is 2.5k a month from quests isn't enough for end game players who get more shards in less than a week
  • Options
    Wow. GroundedWisdom in disguise?
  • Options
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    I think when Kabam said 5* shards would be more available, a lot of people took it the wrong way. For some reason, you guys equate increased availability of 5* shards = Seeing them in the Calendar more often, which is quite wrong.

When Kabam says 5* shards will become more available, they mean you can get 5* shards from more sources and in higher quantity. The keyword here is "sources". Strangely, people seem to think the only place where 5* shards can be made more available is the calendar, the thing that gives you free rewards. So people expect 5* shards being more available would mean getting more 5* shards for free, and when that doesn't happen, they get all mad and stuff.

People need to remember that this is a game, there are multiple sources of rewards in the game. Honestly speaking, 5* shards have become a lot more accessible to many players ever since it was first released. You can get 5* shards from the event quest, from grinding the arenas, from alliance war, duping 4* champs and from completing and exploring the story quests. I don't see much reason to get downright pissed at a calendar that looks pretty average when in reality, they are free and you should actually be putting in effort if you want to get more rewards.

So bottom line here? Stop expecting end-game rewards to be in a calendar which is a free source of rewards. If you want more end game rewards, then you should work for it instead of expecting it to be spoon fed to you via the calendar.

Respectfully, all those ways you mentioned existed before the announcement. I get your frustration at people being upset over a calendar, but that doesn't make your argument sound at all. Because it's not.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited October 2017
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    I think when Kabam said 5* shards would be more available, a lot of people took it the wrong way.
    People took it in the way the 5* shards availability would be raised enough, then get 5*s faster, then duped them faster, and then get one or two 6* in this life.

Don't blame the people, that was the answer when people were raged because the 6* bomb was dropped.
  • Options
    I def think it's foolish to expect to be drowning in shards from the calendar.. But I assumed that (because of the announcement) they'd be sprinkled into areas they haven't been before. Along with 100 here or there in the calendar.

I've been directly told (in a very rude way) that it's an iterative process and they'd be coming soon. Now, I have my own very special feelings when I hear the term "iterative process" being thrown around...and my own thoughts on what it means.. But it is October, and I don't think I was crazy to think there would be more available by now.

With that being said, I THINK we're going to have something special this month. Whether it's a special quest/calendar/rift, I don't know.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Took me maybe a year and a half to get my first 5*, just hit 10k 5* shards for third time in 2 or 3 months. Haven't even finished Act 4 yet either (at 93%) so another 3k shards coming my way soon.

Seems easier to me.
  • Options
    Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    I hope they drop some in the halloween calendar if they bring it up again this year.