**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Havok uses

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
So I just pulled havok as a 6* and I never even had him as a 5*. He looks super fun and I love that he counters himself, but I have heard great stuff about him since he came out. How often do end game players actually use him, should he be worthy of ranking up, and what particular uses does he have in end game content?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Right now he is useful in those side quests shock paths
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I have mine at R4. I never use him, I’ve never had a reason to. Only got 4 paths of abyss to go. He’s a great champ undoubtedly, but I do believe he’s overrated, and vastly by some members of the community (Looking at you Etjama).

He’s definitely worth levelling up as a 6*. I used him for 1 cheese path in 6.4. Don’t know if he’s the best option for it but he is an option, which is a blessing in act 6.

It kind of depends on the rest of your roster and where you’re at.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    i used to use him alot before. he might be one of the best against Ht due to his incinerate immunity. HT is not good against him because of energy based attacks thus increasing his smoulders charges.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,144 ★★★★★
    He is the best option for variant 4 electro. Medium, light, bait special, watch plasma detonations do the job for you!
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Amazing champion. Took mine to R5. Severely overlooked by about... 1? Member of the community? (Looking at you Rockypantherx.)

damn was about to tag you.

he's super useful, but I don't have any uses for him
  • Options
    Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Terrific champion with many uses
  • Options
    WhatElseWhatElse Posts: 186 ★★★
    I'm actually also curious to know how useful Havok really is.
    I've R2 my 6* (awakened) and I have actually 2 mutant t5cc (plus 60% of a 3rd one). I thought about R3 him for prestige but I still haven't seen a area where he shines more than other incinerate immune / energy damage dealers in the game.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

I have mine at R4. I never use him, I’ve never had a reason to. Only got 4 paths of abyss to go. He’s a great champ undoubtedly, but I do believe he’s overrated, and vastly by some members of the community (Looking at you Etjama).

He’s definitely worth levelling up as a 6*. I used him for 1 cheese path in 6.4. Don’t know if he’s the best option for it but he is an option, which is a blessing in act 6.

It kind of depends on the rest of your roster and where you’re at.

Ah yes...
    @Rockypantherx is to havok, as @Masterpuff is to Stealthy.
    I’m not a huge havoc fan but he is good.
  • Options

Etjama said:

Amazing champion. Took mine to R5. Severely overlooked by about... 1? Member of the community? (Looking at you Rockypantherx.)

damn was about to tag you.

he's super useful, but I don't have any uses for him
    Thank you for illustrating me point so beautifully

Useful champ with no uses🙂
  • Options
    Etjama said:

*understood by about...1

And you don’t need to include the x in my name you know.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

*understood by about...1

And you don’t need to include the x in my name you know.
    I needed to include the x. That comment was formal, not friendly. 😂
  • Options
    ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    Use him on Energy Adoption nodes... Plasma Detonation after Detonation after Detonation
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Havok is a really good champ. High damage from feedback and sp3. Also good for energy adoption nodes.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★
    Havok has great damage; but also really good utility - Power Gain, non-contact hits (useful on defense); Incinerate immunity; very high energy resistance; he reduces critical hit damage; and has a coping mechanism to help deal with Power Lock.

He's got two unique forms of DoT, in the form of Plasma Detonates and Plasma Feedback - both are valuable.

Havok can utilise Energy DoT effects (Shock or Coldsnap; doesn't matter if they're debuffs or passives) to rapidly generate Plasma; which lets you do this:
    https://youtu.be/uuCftj1QGcg

You can play a similar trick against Claire Voyant by baiting Heavy attacks, which inflict tiny bleeds. These also generate Feedback debuffs.

Plasma Feedback is effective against all kinds of opponents with resistances, like robots, Thing, Korg, Colossus, Emma Frost.
    They deal more damage when shrugged off; so he's good against most skill shruggers except Taskmaster. He's my go-to champ to handle Korgs on defense.

I'm not an 'Endgame' player myself, but Havok is also useful and very effective against nodes like Diss Track, Polka-dot Power, Safeguard and Life Cycle.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    I just pulled him as a 5-star from a Skill/Mutant crystal. He seems like he's a worthwhile champion, but the problem is that Mutant class is so stacked that using Mutant T4cc on him is not a no-brainer anymore.

I have Act 6 exploration to tackle, and although he 'could' be useful, it seems like holding onto my mutant class catalysts in the hopes of pulling Prof X, Magneto, or Apocalypse is the smarter thing to do. Magneto especially seems to be touted as a great counter for many of Act 6. I have Namor and Gambit on the backburner as well, and they seem like they could handle some good content for me.

I do have a 6-star Wasp that Havok gives a great synergy for, but I am not confident in Wasp's low health pool against Act 6, and so ranking up Havok for that doesn't seem like the right thing for me.
  • Options
    HarryhoudiniHarryhoudini Posts: 42
    I have havok at r3 6* and use him a ton for war attacker . T1 wars vrs top5 alliances
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Sp3 make sure no damage cap nodes nuff said
  • Options
    Also swedeah uses him in like every war vid so that means something
  • Options
    Swedeah uses him in like every war video, and that means something right?