**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why Y'all Should Show Okoye Some Love

HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
Since people have started making threads in order to solicit for people's votes i thought why not do the same for a champ i really want to see.
I have posted this under a thread already and I sure hope posting it here isn't against the forums rule . Now back to why i would love Okoye to win this
1) She will belong to the skill class which is really lacking,adding her would do the class a favour especially if she is OP,ATM in the game after you max out nick and aegon you start seeing your skill resources going to waste cos there's almost no one to use it on
2)It would be a nice way to honour black panther our hero who is both dead in the game and also in reality (Chadwick boseman,may his perfect soul rest in peace)
3)If she is added shuri will most likely be added with her,ain't you excited with that combo, shuri and okoye,sounds delicious
4)They will most likely have synergies with black panthers which will be a big plus and who never can tell they may also get a buff
5)I am black and it would mean a lot to me if another black character is added to the game and please y'all shouldn't turn this to a race war
6)I see her having cool animations like killmonger,she exudes bad ass vibes and trusting kabam designers I'm sure they wont disappoint with her
7)Other candidates are popular enough and would definitely be added at one point or the other,it might be hard for Okoye though since she mainly plays a supporting role to black panther
7)PLEASE😓😓😓😓
8)PLEASE😣😣😣

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

But what if Zeus come with Hercules both of them could be tied with aegon

And sentry!
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I do really like Okoye, but I'm voting for Morgan for Rocky
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    But what sort of interesting mechanics do you think she could bring? Why is she a more compelling choice for a champion than the others?
  • Options
    Holros said:

But what sort of interesting mechanics do you think she could bring? Why is she a more compelling choice for a champion than the others?

I have posted my reason above,and I don't see a reason why I should dwell on the mechanic she bring when kabam can decide to do anything they wish with whichever champion is chosen.
    For instance if we were to go with mechanics according to comics nick fury wouldn't be able to do s*** and nova would be beefy
    Well not really. It would have to be within the limits of the character. I highly doubt she’s going to get a nullify or double immunities.

And why shouldn’t we dwell on the mechanics. That’s what ultimately determines how good a champ is, so that’s what we should consider in this election. What champ is going to provide the best ‘ability value’ to the player base. Your reasons don’t outline that
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    @Holros iron heart is also black and a woman.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I do think it would nice to have a black
    Female character. That is so cool.

But here is a reference over her abilities:

Okoye is highly skilled in multiple forms of combat, being one of the key members of the Dora Milaje. She is exceptional in using various Wakandan weaponry and tools, especially skilled in the use of spears. Okoye is a great tactician and military strategist.

Passive:
    Because of okoye world class martial art training and studies, she is able to purify up to 3 debuffs individually by dashing back and holding block for 2 seconds. ( think gambit charge)

Whenever okoye is attacked by physical attacks in succession she masters the opponent for the duration of the combo and dodges out after the 2nd consecutive hit and retaliates.

If okoye is stunned she becomes disoriented and cannot dodge out of attacks if it has started.

Okoye gains: Tactical charges up to 100

SP1 : uses her Vibranium Spear, to shock opponents for x amount. While opponent is shocked they are passively heal blocked.

If any wants to help add it on!
  • Options
    HavocGamer49HavocGamer49 Posts: 408 ★★★
    Idk about others but I really dont want old champs to get buffed via synergies (like iron patriot did). So if Okoye does not come then Kabam will probably buff BPCW and all is well. She's probably gonna make it sometime next year anyways.
  • Options
    BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    Okoye will probs come out with BP2’s release anyway
  • Options

Holros said:

I have posted my reason above,and I don't see a reason why I should dwell on the mechanic she bring when kabam can decide to do anything they wish with whichever champion is chosen.
    For instance if we were to go with mechanics according to comics nick fury wouldn't be able to do s*** and nova would be beefy
    Well not really. It would have to be within the limits of the character. I highly doubt she’s going to get a nullify or double immunities.

And why shouldn’t we dwell on the mechanics. That’s what ultimately determines how good a champ is, so that’s what we should consider in this election. What champ is going to provide the best ‘ability value’ to the player base. Your reasons don’t outline that
    Nick fury,ghost and even corvus would be basic if we were to follow your line of thoughts, and dormammu,Dr strange,terrax and silver surfer will have a crazy lot of usefulness to the community.
    But guess what they don't and one thing I know for sure is if okoye was to be released she would definitely be an attacker and will be weak on defence which is a win win,cos we have a champion we can make use of and a champion who won't give us headache when we see them on defence
  • Options
    Holros said:

Holros said:

Nick fury,ghost and even corvus would be basic if we were to follow your line of thoughts, and dormammu,Dr strange,terrax and silver surfer will have a crazy lot of usefulness to the community.
    But guess what they don't and one thing I know for sure is if okoye was to be released she would definitely be an attacker and will be weak on defence which is a win win,cos we have a champion we can make use of and a champion who won't give us headache when we see them on defence
    She could be, but we have no way to know that. The only possible way to currently judge what abilities they might is what their canonical abilities are. That is therefore the measure the measure we should use.

So why is okoye more interesting to a player than vampire or someone who can become a trex?
  • Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

Holros said:

Holros said:

She could be, but we have no way to know that. The only possible way to currently judge what abilities they might is what their canonical abilities are. That is therefore the measure the measure we should use.

So why is okoye more interesting to a player than vampire or someone who can become a trex?
    Because shes a skill champ and not just another random mystic sorcerer person
  • Options
    Voltolos said:

Holros said:

Holros said:

I think you just proved my point. She’s just another skill champ

Mystic sorcerors are always interesting
  • Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

Voltolos said:

Holros said:

Holros said:

But we already have so many of them. Also Nick, Ronin, Stealthy and Elsa are all interesting skill champs with no(or without using their) interesting canon abilities so Kabam is clearly able to build an interesting champ out of a simple character.
  • Options
    Voltolos said:

Voltolos said:

Holros said:

Holros said:

But we already have so many of them. Also Nick, Ronin, Stealthy and Elsa are all interesting skill champs with no(or without using their) interesting canon abilities so Kabam is clearly able to build an interesting champ out of a simple character.
    They could, but there’s no guarantee. The only way we can measure this right now is by their comic abilities. And unfortunately okoye doesn’t have the most interesting abilities canonically. I would rather vote for a champion that is interesting in the comics than hedge my bets on them maybe making something remotely interesting out if a simple character
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

Voltolos said:

Voltolos said:

Holros said:

Holros said:

They could, but there’s no guarantee. The only way we can measure this right now is by their comic abilities. And unfortunately okoye doesn’t have the most interesting abilities canonically. I would rather vote for a champion that is interesting in the comics than hedge my bets on them maybe making something remotely interesting out if a simple character
    Pointless and saying it's the only way we can measure this right now is asinine.

Hey let's all assume again like with surfer and countless others that based on their abilities canonically they'll be awesome when added 😂

Chill out and don't get so wound up if the champ you want isn't what everyone else wants.

It is a game and any champ that is voted in could be great or not regardless of their canon abilities.
  • Options
    Mattyy said:

Voltolos said:

Voltolos said:

Holros said:

Holros said:

Pointless and saying it's the only way we can measure this right now is asinine.

Hey let's all assume again like with surfer and countless others that based on their abilities canonically they'll be awesome when added 😂

Chill out and don't get so wound up if the champ you want isn't what everyone else wants.

It is a game and any champ that is voted in could be great or not regardless of their canon abilities.
    Of course, but we need to try and ascertain some objective way to judge these characters. I think comic abilities are the best way to do that

Don’t worry, not wound up, just invested at this point
  • Options
    Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Okoye would be an amazing character to have but I just hope that they give her something beyond ordinary of what you would find in the skill class.

Usually you can expect the following from the skill class:

- Bleed
    - Ability Accuracy reduction
    - Evasion
    - Precision
    - Armor Break
    - The occasional shock

I'd love to see something completely new such as a Ferocity buff (I don't know how that would look like) or a blend of Wakanda tech with her warrior training which produces a new mechanic.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Mattyy said:

Voltolos said:

Voltolos said:

Holros said:

Holros said:

Of course, but we need to try and ascertain some objective way to judge these characters. I think comic abilities are the best way to do that

See the comic abilities of Hercules here.
    Hercules is not plain and boring.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/231802/why-hercules#latest
  • Options

Mattyy said:

Voltolos said:

Voltolos said:

Holros said:

Holros said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/231802/why-hercules#latest
    I’ve seen it. In comparison to the other candidates, yes he is
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Mattyy said:

Voltolos said:

Voltolos said:

Holros said:

Holros said:

No he isn't. You just didn't read it.
  • Options

Mattyy said:

Voltolos said:

Voltolos said:

Holros said:

Holros said:

No he isn't. You just didn't read it.
    No. I did. Notice I never said he was bland in that comment by himself. In fact, you actually make some good points. What I said, if you’d read my comment properly, is that he is bland compared to the other candidates
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

Mattyy said:

Voltolos said:

Voltolos said:

Holros said:

Holros said:

Overthinking it clearly, it's really as simple as: Which of these champs do you like and would like added to the game? Everything else is just guess work and using it as any sort of ammo as to why someone should vote or not vote for that champ is ridiculous.

Seriously it reads like; hey forum member vote for this champ over this other champ even though you might not like the other champ as much as your true choice because I (some random forum member) am speculating, and nothing more, that they'll be much better because canonically they have all these abilities and I lack the imagination to think of all the possibilities with other champs because I'm stuck thinking they'll be nothing great and that kabam doesn't design champs and we'll be getting exact canon versions of these champs.

Blah blah blah vote for who you want, as should everyone.
  • Options
    Mattyy said:

Mattyy said:

Voltolos said:

Voltolos said:

Holros said:

Holros said:

Overthinking it clearly, it's really as simple as: Which of these champs do you like and would like added to the game? Everything else is just guess work and using it as any sort of ammo as to why someone should vote or not vote for that champ is ridiculous.

Seriously it reads like; hey forum member vote for this champ over this other champ even though you might not like the other champ as much as your true choice because I (some random forum member) am speculating, and nothing more, that they'll be much better because canonically they have all these abilities and I lack the imagination to think of all the possibilities with other champs because I'm stuck thinking they'll be nothing great and that kabam doesn't design champs and we'll be getting exact canon versions of these champs.

Blah blah blah vote for who you want, as should everyone.
    This right here is gold
  • Options

possible synergies with Killmonger :0 :)
  • Options

@Rockypantherx this should be a reason to show okoye some love,she will surely have a synergy with our dearly beloved killmonger
  • Options
    Holros said:

@Rockypantherx this should be a reason to show okoye some love,she will surely have a synergy with our dearly beloved killmonger
    Ok that has swayed me slightly, but not enough. Killmonger is good enough without synergies. I’ll hang off for the shuri synergies.

I still think Morgan and OS will be potentially better overall champs for everyone.

But my resolve did tremble there for a moment
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    I feel like she would be a more aggressive fighter than the tankier KM/BPCW, while the eventual Shuri BP will probably play like a mix of KM and IM, so they’ll complement each other as dual champ releases for a month.
    Now, as for her abilities... well, she’s pretty basic. Skilled martial artist, tactician, general are kinda par for the course for most champs, tbh. Then again, KM was just a really skilled fighter, and he turned out well, aye?
    But I see her lack of flashy abilities and powers to be both a boon and a bane.
    Bane: Hit with spear, shock/blast with spear, kick, punch. Depending on if they really lean into some intricate spear-work (and they freaking should!), her move set might be smooth but no special effects extravaganza. Not a lot of extra razzle-dazzle abilities.

Boon: Champs with relatively low baseline stats in the movies sometimes come out as right killers, ala Ghost, NF, etc., so between that possibility and the odds that the Player’s Choice champ being tilted towards being stronger than usual, means she would likely be a good, strong addition to a class that has seen lackluster offerings as of late.

Bonus, or curse for some, she would likely come out as a test for their eventual ‘Striker’ ability, using her specials to test how to process and animate full other champ bodies (be they nameless Dora Milaje or a stock form of a champ on your team) interacting with the field.

She is one of my top choices for those possibilities, and because I want more #Wakanda champs, and while BP 2 will probably bring Shuri + whatever Villain, the more the merrier!
    I will grant that MLF (... no way that acronym for Morgan could ever cause trouble) is a close second, because I love mystics, even if they probably relegate the dinosaur to cameo appearances in the L3 (which, given a lot of L3s) stands a good chance of being not worthwhile to use.