**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Omega Sentinel gang unite! [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    His_Bong86His_Bong86 Posts: 3
    I'm definitely voting for Omega Sentinel. Hope she gets in!
  • Options
    HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    If okoye don't make it I'm switching to omega sentinel
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    OS might take the cake
  • Options
    HerohanoiHerohanoi Posts: 114 ★★
    edited October 2020
    If any of you guys ever play the game Avengers Alliance on facebook before( so sad that dat game was closed), then you knew like me that omega sentinel was very strong, she was the first champion who has 2 actions in a turn and has multifunction to change her class to counter enemies classes. And if she comes to MCOC, i hope Kabam will give her some amazing abilities.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    Man... wish I had cash to buy comic and read every chapter to know who they are.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I’m here and rooting for Omega Sentinel! I agree with much of what @DNA3000 said, I think there’s a lot of customization that can happen with her that would be super great for a member of the tech class.

Additionally I have some personal motives, which may or may not involve the hope for a sick synergy with my r3 6* Sentinel.

And one final reason, we cannot have enough Sentinels in the game.
  • Options
    Omega007HazeOmega007Haze Posts: 60
    @DNA3000 @Werewyrm

Great idea making her Superior over #Tech class... Similiar to her comic book prowess, her buffs or what not should be HACKS against tech class. Hackable powers over machinery and tech.
  • Options
    AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    Lets gooo
  • Options
    TrickiterTrickiter Posts: 66
    Yea, ill be voting for Omega Sentinel too.. her abilities look absolutely amazing. Electrostatic poles so maybe a throne counter etc. Probably gonna be tech and that class needs more awesome champs.
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    omega sentinel has my vote
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Support is shooting up for OS
  • Options
    spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    if OS does not make it to the end, I am going with morgan (assuming she makes it to the end). I want to pretend to be using Scary Monsters lol.
  • Options
    JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★

if OS does not make it to the end, I am going with morgan (assuming she makes it to the end). I want to pretend to be using Scary Monsters lol.

Morgan is kinda already out...
  • Options

Morgan is out. She didn’t make the cut to round 2.
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    why kabam why wont you let us see the total votes for each champion :'(:'(
  • Options
    EatChrisEatChris Posts: 7
    OMEGA SENTINEL!
    EatChris of the LORDS OF PUNISHMENT!
  • Options

I’m one of you now.

Let us defeat the competition together!
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

I’m one of you now.

Initiation will need to be conducted but I’m sure you will pass with flying colors. Welcome to family, and long live the king.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    sdexc said:

i would know im indian. im just saying i personally dont think thats a good reason to vote for a champ. its nice to have but imo its a bad reason to pick someone in a FIGHTING game. id rather vote for someone based on what new/cool abilities theyd provide than solely on the fact their X whatevr

I think it’s safe to assume that Kabam has a target level of power for whichever champ wins this election. To clarify, I mean that whether it’s Omega Sentinel, Hercules, Morbius, or Ironheart, Kabam doesn't have a plan to make one of them way stronger than the other. Similarly, Kabam has been knocking it out of the park in regard to animations for a long time now. I trust the art department with any of these options.

As such, the things we should be considering are class (which Kabam has announced), potential synergies, and personal preference. There are probably other things I’m not thinking of right now, this is just off the top of my head. Representation factors into personal preference and should totally be considered by people.

In any event, there are no bad options. I voted Omega Sentinel because she seems the coolest and I think the tech class needs a kick in the pants.
  • Options
    centennialcentennial Posts: 77
    A strong argument for me- the mutant class is so OP at this point in time, let’s knock them down a little bit ;)
  • Options
    sdexc said:

DNA3000 said:

Here's my case for Omega Sentinel.

1. The Tech Class has the least variety in utility. The concepts in tech tend to be focused on armor and robots, which leads to less diversity in abilities and effects. Even skill has a lot more diversity in what's available within the class. Omega Sentinel's character concept lends itself to a lot of creativity, because her nanobots allow for a lot of creative freedom. Her adaptability means she can theoretically be designed to counter anything the devs want, within balance limits. Because she can theoretically do almost anything, the devs are free to try to make her completely different from, and add diversity to, the rest of the tech class.

2. Omega Sentinel is a tech countering tech. We have champions that are good against #robots like Medusa, and champs that are good against #metal like Magneto. Given Omega Sentinel's comic book abilities, there's an opportunity for Omega Sentinel to be good against #tech, where we flag all the high tech using champions and such as something Omega Sentinel has special strengths against. That would make for an interesting counter against champs like Guardian or MODOK or Yellowjacket.

3. Omega Sentinel has a potentially animation-rich fighting style. She can fight hand to hand, she can fight with projectile weapons, she can fly. The sky is the limit for the animators and the power designers.

4. By my count we have three female tech champs: Ghost, G2099, and Nebula. That's the smallest number of any class. We could use more women of tech in the game.

Omega Sentinel is in many ways a blank slate in terms of abilities, so there's tons of room for design creative freedom. But she also has enough source material concept to mine for a lot of interesting ideas and effects in the game. So, Omega Sentinel gets my vote.

1.Punisher 2099 has nanotech and he doesnt really do much. With the amount of freedom in animations, she could easily be underwhelming. (look at kabams track record)

2.No argument there, could be cool however her abilities seem very basic tech abilities

3.Same with so many other champs but we end with with meh animations a lot of the time.

4.Who cares if shes indian or female? does the fact shes either of those make her stronger or giver her better abilities? weak argument imo
    ps. G2099 is a robot and nebula is a cyborg
    The first three statements are about possibilities, not predictions. The developers can make any champ boring or poorly performing: that goes for every single option, so that's not something you can use in favor of or against any of the options. When it comes to how the champion will actually work in-game, we can only vote for potential, not actual champion designs.

Specifically with regard to the fact that she's a tech female champ, separate from the general representation issue, which I believe is a valid thing to consider, there's the fact that there are actual combat effects of being female, as there are actual nodes that boost the performance of female champs. The tech class has the fewest options available to take advantage of those nodes when they exist.

You said: "id rather vote for someone based on what new/cool abilities theyd provide than solely on the fact their X whatevr." However, as you yourself point out, there's no way to know what abilities the champs being voted for will have. So on what basis did you decide which champ to vote for?