**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Root Feedback (New Mechanic)

Comments

• Options
    Laksh1995Laksh1995 Posts: 207
    Damn, lotta confusions. Cant say anything till i get to see it
  • Options
    Phone2312Phone2312 Posts: 87
    1) This a big debuff for Ghost
    2) A problem for defenders such as Omega Red and Mephisto when you don’t have counters.
    2) What other video games can players not mover laterally (let alone up and down)
    3) Sounds like this should be in act 7 on certain nodes, not in every difficulty.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,549 ★★★★
    The global Root buff is rooted IMO
  • Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

Where is the benefit or rewards while being rooted? I understand the new challenge for being a new mode or global node or whatever the case may be but HOW does it benefit us being rooted and getting out of it successfully? do we GET A HUGE FURY 200% for 20-30 seconds?? the description of the the node, sounds like more headaches than anything else.

We'll see when the quest comes out, so just be a bit more patient ok?
  • Options
    Capt_SmasherCapt_Smasher Posts: 27
    I think what is needed is a new way to prevent the champion from keep moving forward, might be double tap for example, I feel its painful to just keep pulling the champion back all the time, agree ?
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★

You mentioned in Dev Diary that this mechanic and volume trigger would be tested before its released as a kit for future champions yet here we are bout to face the mechanic and face the champion with that mechanic as well!.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    I suppose we’ll have to wait and see how it plays.
    I think everyone has reason to be concerned, it could be a mess.
    Let’s hope the devs have thought about baiting specials, defenders that travel halfway across the screen with their special attacks etc etc.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Kabam Boo said:

LET'S GET TO THE ROOT OF IT!

Exciting news Summners! A new GAMEPLAY MECHANIC is being introduced in this Meta Event! A new effect type, ROOT.

WHAT DOES IT DO?

When Rooted, a Champion's movement is locked. You can still perform any action, but you won’t move from your location when doing so. So for example, you can still dodge special attacks with Dexterity, Parry, and use your own Special Attacks (Unless a global buff says otherwise). You just won’t do any lateral movement associated with those actions. We hope to explore this new effect on further global buffs or even characters/buffs for players to use! So make sure to try them out and let us know what you think.

WHERE DO I SEE IT?

Each day, on every difficulty, they’ll be a Global buff that uses Root in a slightly different way to give you a feel for it. The difficulty has been tuned around these buffs, so there shouldn’t be too much complexity going on around them. Unless you want to take a swing at Legendary, where an extra wrinkle has been added to keep you on your feet.

WHERE CAN I SHARE MY FEEDBACK?

Right HERE in this thread!

We look forward to hearing from you all!

Cheerio!

Some newer champs even capitalize the term “Dodge” as if it were a term of art in game, like Longshot above.

Dr. Zola
    Dexterity uses "Dodging" in its description so I assume that dodging is supposed to be specifically using dexterity to avoid an attack
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Voltolos said:

DrZola said:

Kabam Boo said:

LET'S GET TO THE ROOT OF IT!

Exciting news Summners! A new GAMEPLAY MECHANIC is being introduced in this Meta Event! A new effect type, ROOT.

WHAT DOES IT DO?

When Rooted, a Champion's movement is locked. You can still perform any action, but you won’t move from your location when doing so. So for example, you can still dodge special attacks with Dexterity, Parry, and use your own Special Attacks (Unless a global buff says otherwise). You just won’t do any lateral movement associated with those actions. We hope to explore this new effect on further global buffs or even characters/buffs for players to use! So make sure to try them out and let us know what you think.

WHERE DO I SEE IT?

Each day, on every difficulty, they’ll be a Global buff that uses Root in a slightly different way to give you a feel for it. The difficulty has been tuned around these buffs, so there shouldn’t be too much complexity going on around them. Unless you want to take a swing at Legendary, where an extra wrinkle has been added to keep you on your feet.

WHERE CAN I SHARE MY FEEDBACK?

Right HERE in this thread!

We look forward to hearing from you all!

Cheerio!

Some newer champs even capitalize the term “Dodge” as if it were a term of art in game, like Longshot above.

Dr. Zola
    Dexterity uses "Dodging" in its description so I assume that dodging is supposed to be specifically using dexterity to avoid an attack
    Good point. And more reason to use caps everywhere the term appears in game to indicate what they mean by “Dodge.”

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    This could be an ok addition to the game so long as it's not associated with champions or nodes that will screw you over for maintaining proximity
  • Options

Why are people not more outraged at this? How long before they start pushing 100% evade, 100% unblockable, 100% unstoppable, Defender starts with 3 bars of power node for people to realize these nodes are simply for the bottom line

Because we havnt seen the nodes yet
  • Options

but why. how is this going to positively affect the community in any way. this is just something that we will have to worry about on top of all the nodes.

Sounds like all the new nodes kabam has ever introduced. How is this different?
  • Options
    Im more worried about this mechanics but the only real question I have would it be problem to champ that can turn invisible or fly is it an mind thing or is it like super glue on the ground
  • Options
    TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 367 ★★★
    I think you need to make sure a number of defenders aren’t given the root node buff.

This concerns me for match ups like Omega Red, Terrax, Mephisto etc where physical distance is a necessity to avoid different types of damage. Or this in combination with nodes like Long Distance Relationship, or Fight or Flight where that becomes important as well.

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Trubli said:

I think you need to make sure a number of defenders aren’t given the root node buff.

This concerns me for match ups like Omega Red, Terrax, Mephisto etc where physical distance is a necessity to avoid different types of damage. Or this in combination with nodes like Long Distance Relationship, or Fight or Flight where that becomes important as well.

Rooted against those champions and situations is still playable. You can parry then heavy them to knock them away from you.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    If Nick Fury is the defender and fully unblockable, won't it be impossible to kill him? This seems like a MAJOR oversight by Kabam on a couple champions like Nick, Tigra, OR, and quite a few others