**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Best Champs by Class Discussion - Mutant

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Etjama said:

Not enough to make me use him against non-metal champs when I don't need to. Especially since his utility isn't there.

How does AA do in fights where you nuke his go to ability? If he can't bleed or poison he's functionally worthless.

Mags at his worst is still elite.
    I wouldn't use him in bleed/poison immune fights. Same reason I wouldn't use Mags against non-metal champs. I'm not even arguing that Mags isn't amazing since I personally think Mags is better than AA because there are more troublesome Metal defenders than non-bleed/poison immune defenders to me. But you're ignoring the whole topic now which is AA vs. Domino. AA is a top option against 75% of champs while Domino is sub-optimal against all of the champs in the game.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Etjama said:

DalBot said:

Etjama said:

Not enough to make me use him against non-metal champs when I don't need to. Especially since his utility isn't there.

How does AA do in fights where you nuke his go to ability? If he can't bleed or poison he's functionally worthless.

I wouldn't use him in bleed/poison immune fights. Same reason I wouldn't use Mags against non-metal champs. I'm not even arguing that Mags isn't amazing since I personally think Mags is better than AA because there are more troublesome Metal defenders than non-bleed/poison immune defenders to me. But you're ignoring the whole topic now which is AA vs. Domino. AA is a top option against 75% of champs while Domino is sub-optimal against all of the champs in the game.
    Point being you can take Mags by himself anywhere and he will get the job done. AA, not so much.

Also Domino "sub-optimal" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Etjama said:

DalBot said:

Etjama said:

Point being you can take Mags by himself anywhere and he will get the job done. AA, not so much.

Also Domino "sub-optimal" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    The point is that you wouldn't take magneto against non-metals because there are many other characters that would be better.

And yes, domino is absolutely sub optimal, for anyone who is past act 5 where you begin to need utility over damage
    And to be clear, Domino DOES NEED HER PARTNERS TO BE AT HER BEST. Never said she didn't. But how many quests are single champ? Red Hulk is one of the most underrated champs in the game and Masacre can be wild in the right hands.

She also destroys poison/bleed immune champs as well as any other kind of champ out there. She doesn't have as many limitations as AA does.

And let's not even get in to all the bleed/poison immune nodes in the game.
    Qacob said:

DalBot said:

Etjama said:

Not true, he loses most of his useful abilities and is left with only damage. Utility > Damage every single time.
    Utility is bleed resistance, prowess and unstoppable. He'll still have all of those πŸ˜‰
    Omega
    DalBot said:

And to be clear, Domino DOES NEED HER PARTNERS TO BE AT HER BEST. Never said she didn't. But how many quests are single champ? Red Hulk is one of the most underrated champs in the game and Masacre can be wild in the right hands.

She also destroys poison/bleed immune champs as well as any other kind of champ out there. She doesn't have as many limitations as AA does.

She has no utility and is entirely reliant on crits, how is that better than someone who can completely shut down anyone who is not immune to bleed and poison?
    Qacob said:

DalBot said:

She has no utility and is entirely reliant on crits, how is that better than someone who can completely shut down anyone who is not immune to bleed and poison?
    So you're saying she has no passive damage from critical failure and no lucky/unlucky mechanics that can alter the course of a fight?

Last I checked those are utilities.

Seems like everyone here just wants "point, click, kill" champs instead of learning their abilities or how to use them πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Qacob said:

DalBot said:

Etjama said:

Not true, he loses most of his useful abilities and is left with only damage. Utility > Damage every single time.
    Utility is bleed resistance, prowess and unstoppable. He'll still have all of those πŸ˜‰
    Prowess isnt really utility, I guess It counts against buffed up but other than that it's just a damage mechanic. Still, the utility he does have is nothing compared to other champions
    Qacob said:

Prowess isnt really utility, I guess It counts against buffed up but other than that it's just a damage mechanic. Still, the utility he does have is nothing compared to other champions

If that's what you think I am going to guess that you are probably not playing at an end-game level.
    With Mags there's also the fact that class disadvantage is a thing that doesn't exist for him.
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Qacob said:

DalBot said:

So you're saying she has no passive damage from critical failure and no lucky/unlucky mechanics that can alter the course of a fight?

Seems like everyone here just wants "point, click, kill" champs instead of learning their abilities or how to use them πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
    But that's only a 15% ability accuracy reduction if I remember correctly. That has nothing on AA's well over 100%
    Omega
    DalBot said:

With Mags there's also the fact that class disadvantage is a thing that doesn't exist for him.

Only against metals, which is completely besides the point at hand
    edited November 2020
    Qacob said:

DalBot said:

Which the Tech class is almost entirely metal so...
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Qacob said:

DalBot said:

Nope
    This is new levels of dumb

It very clearly says "[Magnet]" in bright yellow text πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Qacob said:

DalBot said:

Which the Tech class is almost entirely metal so...
    Oooh you realised you were wrong and edited your post, sorry for exposing you bud
    Qacob said:

Oooh you realised you were wrong and edited your post, sorry for exposing you bud

Quick: list the non-metal Tech champs other than the Guardians group 🎀
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Qacob said:

But we're talking about magneto against non-metals. Look, stop trying to save yourself, you're just digging deeper.
    Qacob said:

DalBot said:

Qacob said:

But we're talking about magneto against non-metals. Look, stop trying to save yourself, you're just digging deeper.
    And yet you're the guy who insists he doesn't nullify class disadvantage. That applies to notoriously tough fights such as Rocket, Star Lord and Yondu exclusively πŸ˜‚
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,520 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It's pretty simple, collosus

I rest my case
    edited November 2020
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Qacob said:

DalBot said:

Qacob said:

And yet you're the guy who insists he doesn't nullify class disadvantage. That applies to notoriously tough fights such as Rocket, Star Lord and Yondu exclusively πŸ˜‚
    I am not saying that at all.

You said:
    DalBot said:

In a discussion about magneto against non-metals. That is an ability which only applies to metals, therefore your point is irrelevant. Then you realised you were wrong and now your digging to the centre of the world trying to save yourself. Stop being so childish and admit you were wrong and get back to the discussion at hand
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,520 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Oh my days, we've got somebody acting as if they have have a major in MCoC when in fact they dropped out of highschool

Try educating yourself before you educate others
    Unio77 said:

Oh my days, we've got somebody acting as if they have have a major in MCoC when in fact they dropped out of highschool

Clearly these guys are those who know everything about this game πŸ€”
    Omega
    Unio77 said:

It's pretty simple, collosus

I rest my case

Without suicides, definitely
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Unio77 said:

Clearly you have the mental age of a 7 year old. Grow up.
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Unio77 said:

So what? They know what they're talking about while you obviously have no idea...
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Unio77 said:

Go on then, make a poll, if I know nothing then surely everyone will disagree with me no?
    Etjama said:

DalBot said:

Unio77 said:

So what? They know what they're talking about while you obviously have no idea...
    Says yet another non end-game player.

If you haven't played the toughest of the tough content, maybe you're not talking from actual experience.
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Qacob said:

DalBot said:

How tf is crit a small amount of crit fail damage utility? And lukcy/unlucky is kinda nice to have, but it's not reliable utility so it means nothing. If you need AAR to shut down an opponent's, I hope you're not relying on 15% AAR.
    Omega
    DalBot said:

Etjama said:

DalBot said:

Unio77 said:

Says yet another non end-game player.

If you haven't played the toughest of the tough content, maybe you're not talking from actual experience.
    My actual experience as a human being gives me a moron compass... it's pointing directly at you, the guy who obviously wouldn't be where he's at in the game without spending, but has the audacity to criticize the people that actually know what they're talking about. If you don't trust us "Non-Endgame" players, take a look at all the Endgame players who share our opinion. Experience means nothing without a brain, sorry to tell you.