**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Defenders can parry now

Snerp_CitySnerp_City Posts: 25
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
Medusa aq map7 has the ability to parry to now.

https://youtu.be/RiqEQ7a0SS8

This is Medusa in section 3 Delirium path

Comments

• Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,521 ★★★★★
    Seems like it was part of a node or something.
    I don't play Medusa or AW so I would know if it's in her kit
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    did they have the parry node? it has those white things on top and below the stun
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Really? they were always able to parry
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Atleast they've always been able to parry me
  • TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    Gardener said:

It's not a parry. It's her auto block mechanism. She's always worked like this.
  • Snerp_CitySnerp_City Posts: 25

Gardener said:

Are you sure she has worked like this. I run this path evert aq and this is the first time I get parried.
    The auto block mechanic is unrelated to masteries. Every duped Medusa can auto block you unless you've got some kind of counter to it.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

did they have the parry node? it has those white things on top and below the stun

Yeah the medusa on this weeks variation of map 7 in section 3 has parry as a node. If you watch the video it doesn’t exactly work in conjunction with her auto block though; she auto blocks then reparrys, Heimdall has the parry node in 6.2.6 (science path(?))and it’s the same thing, no parry with the auto block but does reparry if you continue to strike after being auto blocked.

Gardener said:

Are you sure she has worked like this. I run this path evert aq and this is the first time I get parried.
    Then you probably never attacked her when "living strands" (3 furies) were active or you got lucky and she didn't activate her auto block. I don't have any other explanation.
    edited November 2020

I got parried by a Cyclops boss in Act 4 yesterday

Now I know who to place for AW defence 😏

On a more serious note this is news to me. I know it happens in AW but can't remember it happening in AQ or story content.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I don't play map 7, but there is a node that does this. What are all the nodes? Without knowing all nodes we can't know if it's a bug or if it should happen.
  • There are nodes that enables the AI to parry. They most commonly put them on Medusa as she has auto block. Just one of those times you gotta get off autopilot when going into the fight
  • Snerp_CitySnerp_City Posts: 25
    Like I have said before, I have Played Map7 for a long time running this lane and this has never happened before. Unless there was an undocumented change to the nodes in aq this is new after this update. I will be checking tomorrow and see if its the node but I doubt it.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Yeah the medusa on this weeks variation of map 7 in section 3 has parry as a node. If you watch the video it doesn’t exactly work in conjunction with her auto block though; she auto blocks then reparrys, Heimdall has the parry node in 6.2.6 (science path(?))and it’s the same thing, no parry with the auto block but does reparry if you continue to strike after being auto blocked.
    I see. I was also super confused because the stun came after the auto block and it was super weird, so it didn't seem like a normal parry. Why doesn't she parry on the auto-block though? If this is correct, this is probably the reason
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    7714dtl said:

7714dtl said:

Sorry, she parries. In the ability description.

Disagree with what? The laast line of the sig ability says "This can trigger parry." If you disagree then you either can't read or can't accept being wrong.
    It's stated as "This can trigger parry". That *should* be only when the parry mastery is active.

No champ has the parry mastery inbuilt (except Colossus kinda). Therefore a Medusa on quests should not trigger it because it's simply not in her base abilities. The sig ability is stated the way it is to indicate that it can stun if and only if she belongs to a player that has the Mastery active.
  • JMORG1111JMORG1111 Posts: 158
    Unless the parry node is there, you shouldn't get stunned. I've taken Corvus just for the charge for forever. He doesn't get stunned outside a parry node or AW/Arena where masteries matter.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    7714dtl said:

Sorry, she parries. In the ability description.

Wow. Yes, she parries if you have the parry mastery, which the AI does not in content like EQ, AQ, etc. It's always funny when someone says "sorry" and they are wrong lol. Go fight any random Medusa that isn't from an actual player and you get autoblocked but not stunned.