**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Next R5

Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I started doing a completion run of v5 last night and decided to complete it today. With the t5b, I can bring someone to r5, and that's the main purpose of this poll, although I do have other questions. From the r5, I got skill, which was probably my second least wanted, but i can take up spelthy or save it for the fury and aegon that I'm hunting.

Questions:
1. Who to rank five with the t5b? My main options are cmm, archangel, torch, and caiw. My goal now is act six progression, so who is the most useful for that?

2. What to do with the r5 gem? I can take up spelthy, save for fury and aegon who I am hunting, or do the spicy play and take km to r4 and then r5. Keep in mind, I have a ton of skill t4cc expiring and a decent bit of cosmic t4cc expiring. I really like cmm, aa, and am now stating to love cap because I've just awakened him. Torch isn't super fun for me, but I can't deny his usefulness.

3. Who else should I rank up besides the r5s? I have 3 generic 2-3 and some 2016 3-4s. Sorcerer is probably a no brainier, but she wouldn't go to r4 for a while because I lake mystic t4cc and won't have t2a after the r5.

4. Can I even do a completion of act six? Are there any hard bosses or quests that I can't handle? I'm on 6.2.5 right now

Also, thanks to @KDSuperFlash10 @Masterpuff @Agent_X_zzz for the tips, and thanks @Lvernon15 for the buttery voice that soothed me when I was doing v5

Next R5 36 votes

Caiw + Spelthy
11%
KDSuperFlash10Sarvanga1_KablNegative_100 4 votes
Cmm + Spelthy
13%
MostWantedMoot4LifeMrGreek[Deleted User]HavocGamer49 5 votes
AA + Spelthy
19%
RoOOtsKill_GreyMx268MazraTrashPanda12CrcrcrcCashier 7 votes
Torch + Spelthy
27%
Tarun46UnidentifiedCreatureMitriaxEtjamaErocksValBr111Charlie21540SaltE_Wenis69Gr8TonyStarkavenge_123 10 votes
Caiw + Save skill r5
8%
GreekhitBuffBeastanaLysis_ 3 votes
Cmm + Save skill r5
2%
Ben550p 1 vote
Aa + Save skill r5
0%
Torch + Save skill r5
5%
ljdr77PuttPutt 2 votes
Something else
11%
MaxGamingMeebletonJohnyBoyCowabunga 4 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Options
    UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    Torch + Spelthy
    Both of them are also good for the abyss, so you'd be hitting 2 birds with one stone if you ranked them up.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    CAIW
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Torch + Spelthy
    1. I think Torch would make the most sense, but you said Torch isn't fun for you so why rank him up? I'd take up CAIW in that case.

2. Definetely use the gem on Spelthy. He's a beast.

3. Can't tell if Havok, KM, and Venom are at R4 yet, but they're all worthy. Other good options are BWDO, Sentinel, Emma, and Sunspot would be great to pair with that Warlock.

4. You can do it. 6.3 IMIW and 6.3 CAIW will probably be your pain points. CAIW actually won't be bad if you have Hood for Ghost though. If you don't, it'll just take a couple revives. Do You Bleed Medusa might be a bit of a pain, you're probably gonna have to heavy spam with Warlock. The other problem boss is actually 6.2.5 Mordo, but Ghost should handle it well.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

1. I think Torch would make the most sense, but you said Torch isn't fun for you so why rank him up? I'd take up CAIW in that case.

3. Can't tell if Havok, KM, and Venom are at R4 yet, but they're all worthy. Other good options are BWDO, Sentinel, Emma, and Sunspot would be great to pair with that Warlock.

4. You can do it. 6.3 IMIW and 6.3 CAIW will probably be your pain points. CAIW actually won't be bad if you have Hood for Ghost though. If you don't, it'll just take a couple revives. Do You Bleed Medusa might be a bit of a pain, you're probably gonna have to heavy spam with Warlock. The other problem boss is actually 6.2.5 Mordo, but Ghost should handle it well.

1. I like the other three more, but if torch be really be that much more useful, I'd totally rank him up

2. I took him to r4 as one of my first few, and I like him, but as I got more rankups, I stopped using him because I had better options. He was pretty useful for v5, so I've refound my love for him and it's definitely made me think about taking him up

3. All three of them are r4 and BWDO, Sentinel, Emma are r2. Sunspot is completely unleveled

4. No hood unfortunately. I've heard aa and warlock are good from medusa, so I'm not too concerned. Mordo looks like a pain, but I've heard a lot of different stuff about who's the best option from my roster for him, but most seem to say doom.

Thanks janane
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Caiw + Save skill r5
    R5 CAIW and bring Sentinel or HB to r5 if you haven’t done V3 or V2. With the extra rank up resources from these you will be able to do more rank ups. Also hold your 4-5 skill gem for Aegon or Nick, unless you are a big fun of Stealthy.
  • Options
    Torch + Spelthy

Etjama said:

1. I like the other three more, but if torch be really be that much more useful, I'd totally rank him up

2. I took him to r4 as one of my first few, and I like him, but as I got more rankups, I stopped using him because I had better options. He was pretty useful for v5, so I've refound my love for him and it's definitely made me think about taking him up

3. All three of them are r4 and BWDO, Sentinel, Emma are r2. Sunspot is completely unleveled

4. No hood unfortunately. I've heard aa and warlock are good from medusa, so I'm not too concerned. Mordo looks like a pain, but I've heard a lot of different stuff about who's the best option from my roster for him, but most seem to say doom.

Thanks janane
    1. I'd go Torch then

2. He was my second R5, I still use him a ton. And he completely counters all but two 6.4 bosses and is a pretty decent option for 1 of the 2 he doesn't hard counter.

3. Cool, Sentinel, BWDO, Emma, and Sunspot would all be solid rank-ups.

4. I was wondering, "Does he have a Champion counter? Ah, Doom!" And then I completely looked over Doom from that point on 😂. He's great for Mordo. Ghost is too.

And no problem, Thiccy.
  • Options
    Torch + Spelthy
    I'm just gonna @ you instead of quoting you cause I edited my comment and it was removed @Thicco_Mode

1. I'd go Torch then

2. He was my second R5, I still use him a ton. And he completely counters all but two 6.4 bosses and is a pretty decent option for 1 of the 2 he doesn't hard counter.

4. I was wondering, "Does he have a Champion counter? Ah, Doom!" And then I completely looked over Doom from that point on 😂. He's great for Mordo. Ghost is too.

And no problem, Thiccy.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Etjama said:

I'm just gonna @ you instead of quoting you cause I edited my comment and it was removed @Thicco_Mode

1. I'd go Torch then

And no problem, Thiccy.

Ok awesome, thanks. What specifically does torch work for that I can't do though? I've heard he's really good, but I don't know specifically what he does. Also, why torch over caiw
  • Options
    Also, how does cmm do in act six? I have a 4* nick, but I cant use him everywhere
  • Options
    Torch + Spelthy

Etjama said:

1. I'd go Torch then

And no problem, Thiccy.

Ok awesome, thanks. What specifically does torch work for that I can't do though? I've heard he's really good, but I don't know specifically what he does. Also, why torch over caiw
    He can't really do anything your roster absolutely can't handle tbh, but he'll do a lot of fights better. And he could actually be your counter to 6.3 IMIW now that I think about it. Wouldn't be a perfect fight, but he could do really solid. Plus he's a God of the Abyss if you want to get that done at some point.

Also, how does cmm do in act six? I have a 4* nick, but I cant use him everywhere

I had a R4 when I was doing Act 6 completion. Honestly didn't use her once due to the fact that I only have a 3* Nick. Not that she's a bad champ without Nick, but chances are you're gonna have better options.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

1. I'd go Torch then

And no problem, Thiccy.

He can't really do anything your roster absolutely can't handle tbh, but he'll do a lot of fights better. And he could actually be your counter to 6.3 IMIW now that I think about it. Wouldn't be a perfect fight, but he could do really solid. Plus he's a God of the Abyss if you want to get that done at some point.

I had a R4 when I was doing Act 6 completion. Honestly didn't use her once due to the fact that I only have a 3* Nick. Not that she's a bad champ without Nick, but chances are you're gonna have better options.
    thanks janane. Ill probably r5 torch and try out spelthy some more
  • Options
    ooh very interesting. is falcon worth the r5?

• Options
    Torch + Spelthy

ooh very interesting. is falcon worth the r5?

Nah, not over Stealthy.
  • Options
    ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    Torch + Spelthy
    Stealthy is easily worth r5 so use the gem on him. Torch is really solid but you do run suicides so it may not be the best decision.
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Cmm + Spelthy
    please rank up captain marvel movie and spelthy
  • Options
    Erocks said:

Stealthy is easily worth r5 so use the gem on him. Torch is really solid but you do run suicides so it may not be the best decision.

I don't have suicides max @Erocks. Decided to go for cyber Monday instead
  • Options
    Cmm + Spelthy

Erocks said:

cmm does not need suicides
  • Options
    Moot4Life said:

Erocks said:

I am aware moot. I was just concerned that she isn't as useful in later parts of act six
  • Options
    Cmm + Spelthy

Moot4Life said:

Erocks said:

I am aware moot. I was just concerned that she isn't as useful in later parts of act six
    she is useful in later parts of act six.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    AA + Spelthy

Moot4Life said:

Erocks said:

She is.

She and Hyperion don't lose steam like corvus does against bigger healthpools. No idea about cosmic ghost rider, so can't say any about him.
  • Options
    Torch + Spelthy
    Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

Erocks said:

Take a look at his roster. Without Nick, I wouldn't put CMM in a team instead of one of his other top champs for late Act 6.
  • Options
    Cmm + Spelthy
    Kill_Grey said:

Moot4Life said:

Erocks said:

She is.

She and Hyperion don't lose steam like corvus does against bigger healthpools like corvus does. No idea about cosmic ghost rider, so can't say any about him.
    she is nothing like corvus does.

i love cmm because of whatever corvus does, she can do better besides being immune to debuffs like corvus does. also pretty cool how she gets indestructible kind of like corvus does.
  • Options
    Cmm + Spelthy
    Etjama said:

Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

Erocks said:

Take a look at his roster. Without Nick, I wouldn't put CMM in a team instead of one of his other top champs for late Act 6.
    i would though.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    My opinion would be to use the gem on stealthy and rank 5 CMM but I didn’t vote because I’d say this is completely up to who you enjoy playing. I wouldn’t take CAIW up yet since he isn’t max sig but I don’t really know since I don’t have him. AA and CMM are both great choice and eventually I’d take them both up so it depends on who you use more and enjoy more. It doesn’t sound like you enjoy stealthy too much but if my impression is wrong definitely use the gem
  • Options
    Torch + Spelthy
    Moot4Life said:

Etjama said:

Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

Erocks said:

i would though.
    You also have no experience with late Act 6. And I doubt you've even used her without NF considering you have a 6* NF.
  • Options
    Cmm + Spelthy
    Etjama said:

Moot4Life said:

Etjama said:

Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

Erocks said:

i would though.
    You also have no experience with late Act 6. And I doubt you've even used her without NF considering you have a 6* NF.
    okay
  • Options
    Will3808 said:

My opinion would be to use the gem on stealthy and rank 5 CMM but I didn’t vote because I’d say this is completely up to who you enjoy playing. I wouldn’t take CAIW up yet since he isn’t max sig but I don’t really know since I don’t have him. AA and CMM are both great choice and eventually I’d take them both up so it depends on who you use more and enjoy more. It doesn’t sound like you enjoy stealthy too much but if my impression is wrong definitely use the gem

I actually do love stealthy, but the thing is that I never have a reason to use him over someone else. Normally, I would probably use it, but I'm hunting for aegon and Nick, and if I get them, I'm gonna feel dumb for using it in spelthy
  • Options
    Torch + Spelthy

Will3808 said:

I actually do love stealthy, but the thing is that I never have a reason to use him over someone else. Normally, I would probably use it, but I'm hunting for aegon and Nick, and if I get them, I'm gonna feel dumb for using it in spelthy
    He'll benefit you so much in the meantime. And you could honestly apply that thinking to any situation. If you didn't have the gem, you wouldn't hold off on using T5B until you pull a Nick or Ægon. You'll get the materials back eventually.
  • Options
    Cmm + Spelthy

Will3808 said:

good luck with his block proficiency thicco mode. i think you should save keep going for skill/mutant dual crystals (depending on how many you have tried for)
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Something else
    Wait for groot