**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam's placement of bosses in incursions. Thank you Kabam.

The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
So yeah, I was playing incursions lately and was slicing through everyone with my Corvus ramped up with 4 charges in the first 3 zones [ I don't remember what the name exactly is, probably rooms?] in sector 6. My companion had a Corvus too, who had 3 charges ramped and needed the EVADE charge alone. So we decided that he take whatever path and take an evade champ the next zone [pardon me if it's wrong]. I gazed out and found Nightcrawler sitting there in the boss node. I didn't read his nodes, [probably my teammate did it] just since at the start of the fight I fixed it that he was gonna take it anyways.

And yeah, I went slicing with the Corvus till the boss and before my bud could reach, quickly took a look at his health pool [ I still didn't read the nodes!], and informed that the NC had a 88K health pool. that was not a tough one at all, but the evade could maybe make a pain, but still, I thought to myself [ I still didn't read the nodes], well, if he couldn't take him down, my nick will do the job.

And just as I did expect, he wasn't able to complete, for a reason I just got to know when I saw the nodes............a NIGHTCRAWLER with the BUFFET node!! I at once realized this is going to be a really hard fight. Nevertheless, up went Nick, his evading was not a problem for me, the lil combo's just made me happy but the god damn BUFFET!! It started to make him regen nullifying my dexterity precisions!! I couldn't bare it and yeah, took some hits to my face, went to the second phase, and boom!!
I forgot it was BUFFET! it nullified my fury buff, so I unfortunately could not maintain my fury or my tactical charges. helplessly, my nick got combo'd. Next went domino[ i wanted to use Corvus for finishing shots, I took too low of domino] and she surprised me with that ability accuracy reduction, so much and she got down, yet making significant damage. Then came Corvus, whom I thought would easily finish the fight[ I forgot the BUFFET again!!]. The BUFFET nullified my all of my cruelty buffs at once!![ was wondering if it's a bug, could it nullify all at once? Nevertheless, I don't mind it as of now]. There went Corvus down, and it was the first time I accepted the defeat so happily as it was a place I knew I could not do it.

I sincerely thank Kabam, for making such nodes, not that it just defeats us, but also it makes us learn new things![ although I still don't know how to counter that nc, any suggestions please?]. Such challenging content is what most of them seek, I know not all would feel the above just the same as me, we could have probably swapped out a true strike champ too. But hey! mistake can happen!!

Sincerely,
Warprince.

Comments

• Options
    RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    IMIW MLLLL can help, NC can't evade the Bold attacks.

Falcon could be a good option with his Lock on and passive (?) cruelties when opponent fails to evade.

Ideally you want to hit his block four times to make him switch mode not to evade as often anymore but yeah he's very annoying xD.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    You can use even Corvus on buffet. You just have to use the heavy when the buffet timer is running. You will get a cruelty and it would not be nullified.
  • Options
    This is the first time i face difficulties in incursions through nodes my friends, i just wanted to express myself about the fact that even incursions are modelled in such a way to improve ourselves.
  • Options

You can use even Corvus on buffet. You just have to use the heavy when the buffet timer is running. You will get a cruelty and it would not be nullified.

Is that true? @Sarvanga1_ if that was true i could had used it in act 5😅
  • Options
    I Thank all about the suggestions!!
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

This isn't even the worst.
    Have you tried getting the shock or incinerate hacks and then you are up against a Bishop?

He's not saying that it's the worst. It's just that they weren't prepared for it.

I actually love Incursions and it's what I look forward to play at least once a week with my Incursion buddy.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

Look at this gem.
  • Options

Have you tried getting the shock or incinerate hacks and then you are up against a Bishop?

I have, and that's something I think you won't need to read the nodes??
    Do you?
    Please understand that i'm trying to say that this was my personal toughest fight, i never meant there is no other fight that could match up this difficulty.
    But still, having the lightning fists against bishop is painful to counter, I agree with it.
  • Options

He's not saying that it's the worst. It's just that they weren't prepared for it.

I actually love Incursions and it's what I look forward to play at least once a week with my Incursion buddy.
    I'm happy someone understood me. o:)<3
  • Options

Look at this gem.

Do you stun mordo at all? [ just curiosity] fearing astral evade, i never parry him.
    Anyways, that node is surely a pain.
  • Options
    Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    I know this is gonna sound bad but the best person for that NC is Mole Man. Hold block to get rid of your stacks and keep your true-strike he will never evade !
  • Options
    I knew true strike champs could whack him like a mole :D , but I didn't know mole man was a true strike champ, for I don't have him. :(

Thank you anyways, @Elad17 !
  • Options
    I've also typed about the buffet nullifying all 4 buffs at once, can it happen at the start of a fight guys?
  • Options
    Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    Is buffet the only node or did it have others ?
    And don’t worry every one gets mole man sooner or later
  • Options
    I'm sure there was nothing other than buffet which would nullify buffs.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

Look at this gem.

Do you stun mordo at all? [ just curiosity] fearing astral evade, i never parry him.
    Anyways, that node is surely a pain.
    You can’t hit him while he is stunned so the node is literally worthless.
  • Options
    Exactly, that's what i wanted to confirm.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    That’s an easy fight.

Have you faced a nightcrawler with buffet, one of the chaos nodes, spiked armor and oh.. 350k health in incursions? Lol
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Dude. I literally just got an infinity war iron man boss with tunnel vision, powerful from afar, aggression Prowess and aggression fury!
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Dude. I literally just got an infinity war iron man boss with tunnel vision, powerful from afar, aggression Prowess and aggression fury!

Sector 8 zone 8. Is there any way to kill this dude?
    I mean, me and my partner have already given up anyways 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Binweevil69Binweevil69 Posts: 16
    edited November 2020

So yeah, I was playing incursions lately and was slicing through everyone with my Corvus ramped up with 4 charges in the first 3 zones [ I don't remember what the name exactly is, probably rooms?] in sector 6. My companion had a Corvus too, who had 3 charges ramped and needed the EVADE charge alone. So we decided that he take whatever path and take an evade champ the next zone [pardon me if it's wrong]. I gazed out and found Nightcrawler sitting there in the boss node. I didn't read his nodes, [probably my teammate did it] just since at the start of the fight I fixed it that he was gonna take it anyways.

And yeah, I went slicing with the Corvus till the boss and before my bud could reach, quickly took a look at his health pool [ I still didn't read the nodes!], and informed that the NC had a 88K health pool. that was not a tough one at all, but the evade could maybe make a pain, but still, I thought to myself [ I still didn't read the nodes], well, if he couldn't take him down, my nick will do the job.

And just as I did expect, he wasn't able to complete, for a reason I just got to know when I saw the nodes............a NIGHTCRAWLER with the BUFFET node!! I at once realized this is going to be a really hard fight. Nevertheless, up went Nick, his evading was not a problem for me, the lil combo's just made me happy but the god damn BUFFET!! It started to make him regen nullifying my dexterity precisions!! I couldn't bare it and yeah, took some hits to my face, went to the second phase, and boom!!
    I forgot it was BUFFET! it nullified my fury buff, so I unfortunately could not maintain my fury or my tactical charges. helplessly, my nick got combo'd. Next went domino[ i wanted to use Corvus for finishing shots, I took too low of domino] and she surprised me with that ability accuracy reduction, so much and she got down, yet making significant damage. Then came Corvus, whom I thought would easily finish the fight[ I forgot the BUFFET again!!]. The BUFFET nullified my all of my cruelty buffs at once!![ was wondering if it's a bug, could it nullify all at once? Nevertheless, I don't mind it as of now]. There went Corvus down, and it was the first time I accepted the defeat so happily as it was a place I knew I could not do it.

I sincerely thank Kabam, for making such nodes, not that it just defeats us, but also it makes us learn new things![ although I still don't know how to counter that nc, any suggestions please?]. Such challenging content is what most of them seek, I know not all would feel the above just the same as me, we could have probably swapped out a true strike champ too. But hey! mistake can happen!!

Sincerely,
    Warprince.

Yeah buffet can get kinda annoying at times but if the buffet was really bothering you that much you should’ve turned off dex
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

I'm sorry, what does tunnel vision do, @Kill_Grey ??
  • Options

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

I'm sorry, what does tunnel vision do, @Kill_Grey ??
    It's quite a long description, but it's a node in act 6. If you repeat an action, you get a falter debuff that will cause your next attack to miss. So simply trying to parry the guysy medium to bait heavy puts it on you. Because of the nature of his specials, dashing back twice puts in on you. In that time, the aggression stacks continue to build, and he begins to repeat specials back-to-back because of powerful from afar.

Then you're screwed over and dead.