**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

PARRY DOESNT WORK

Why is parry a **** shoot. In the same fight parry wont work then it will. I thought maybe I misses a node but it happens in multiple modes in multiple fights. From looking on here Im not the only one having this problem but it has not been addressed. Instead we are putting in new mechanics. Are we going to fix the ones that are already in the game?

Comments

• VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    VenΩmega said:

Op is correct , there is a parry bug. I have a video where parry shows up in green but the defender keeps coming. It’s random and sporadic but annoying

Well go ahead and link it. That way kabam can look at it
  • KnucklezKnucklez Posts: 90
    I’ve also been experiencing issues with parry for at least a couple of weeks now. Parry seems to be hit or miss in most fights now, and the first parry attempt of every fight rarely seems to work anymore. Not sure what’s going on with parry, but it seems to be getting worse.
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    I haven't had any problems in the last week, some before that though
  • VenΩmega said:

Op is correct , there is a parry bug. I have a video where parry shows up in green but the defender keeps coming. It’s random and sporadic but annoying

If you can, please provide a link to this video. I too have seen this happen. It was quite prevalent last update. With the most recent update, I haven't noticed it at all, but as others have said, it's not happening consistently. It's very intermittent. You'll get the timing right for the word "Parry" to show up, but the Stun doesn't occur. There's other mechanics that work as per design but still no stun (i.e. Max Sig CAIW landing Armor Break, Petrify, or Weakness with a Well Timed Block).

I know certain attacks with certain champs cannot be Parry stunned. However, when it's happening vs those you KNOW can be stunned, it's a tad frustrating. If I'm near my notebook when it happens next, I'll log the occurrence in detail, and provide the notes here.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,977 ★★★★★
    KOSLORD said:

I literally just experienced a parry bug where the bell sound wouldn't go off. No video at the moment but it's easily reproducable. Just duel 6 star Namor with 5 star domino (Not sure if other classes are the same but this is what my tests shows). She parry's and no sound is heard from the parry. As for parrying not working, I'll have to try to notice when it happens to me again. Like the OP said, there is something up

If it's so easy to reproduce, why haven't you easily made a video and posted it? I'll never understand the logic.
    https://youtu.be/sPxMEy9GArE
    @KOSLORD this is why it's important that to record when you know you are having a problem. Not everyone is having the issues. I did what you suggested and dueled Manor. Not a single time did parry fail. If you want issues fixed, you need to be able to show the issue on top of providing device info, nodes, defenders and game modes. They can't test things easily when only a small fraction of people are experiencing it.
  • Actually, Namor doesn't make the typical Parry ping noise when you stun him. That's not a bug though. I believe that was intentional. Not sure why, but it's been that way since his release.
    KOSLORD said:

https://youtu.be/sPxMEy9GArE
    @KOSLORD this is why it's important that to record when you know you are having a problem. Not everyone is having the issues. I did what you suggested and dueled Manor. Not a single time did parry fail. If you want issues fixed, you need to be able to show the issue on top of providing device info, nodes, defenders and game modes. They can't test things easily when only a small fraction of people are experiencing it.

The thing is the problems are random thus you have to record every moment of your game. Not only is the recording eating up CPU when the game already lags and stalls but it fills up my storage and I have to resort to deleting old data. I then feel like a QA tester who should be getting paid. The Namor thing is repeatable and I can do a video but someone else mentioned that it's been that way since the beginning so it's already known.
    You said it's easily done as in Domino can't parry Namor. That's what you said. Sirius is only talking about the noise from the contact when parrying the defender. I was successful in parrying Namor every single time. I also play with the sound off. The parry bug is where the attacker performs a well timed block and the defender isn't parried. The parry bug is not just the "sound".

You also mention "QA testers being paid". So answer this question- How many versions and devices for Android are there that are compatible for this game? How many iPhones/iPad version can run this game? QA testing is great and they most likely did testing but they can't test for all the device variations that are out there. It's impossible to do so. That's why games like this have a bugs section. it helps Devs narrow down issues and it's why MOD"s ask for videos and device info. In most cases with games like this, the player base are the QA testers.
  • BoCassBoCass Posts: 61
    edited November 2020
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks!

Sorry to hear about this. Please let us know if you do manage to capture video of this occurrence. Otherwise, please see if you can note any particular instances where this would happen (particular Champions, nodes, etc). This would really help us narrow down any issues pertaining to your report.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

@Kabam Boo
    I've never noticed this issue before but it has just happened to me in arena so here I am. I was fighting a duped Spider-Man classic with OG black panther. The other 2 enemy champs were collosus and killmonger so there's no synergy. And as far as I know classic Spidey has no AAR. Three times in that fight I parried (and the green text came up) but classic Spidey did not get stunned or anything. Like I said this has never happened before then it happened 3 times in that fight so very perplexing.
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    I have exactly same problems.

It's wrote "parry" but no parry. Not on specific node.

STORM PYRAMIDE X parry doesn't work ( parry or passive stun) too in aw node 11...

Please fix it
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    VenΩmega said:

there are defenders who can bypass parry, either via DAAR, or by being stun immune. Parry will still show up in those cases.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    BoCass said:

Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks!

Sorry to hear about this. Please let us know if you do manage to capture video of this occurrence. Otherwise, please see if you can note any particular instances where this would happen (particular Champions, nodes, etc). This would really help us narrow down any issues pertaining to your report.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

@Kabam Boo
    I've never noticed this issue before but it has just happened to me in arena so here I am. I was fighting a duped Spider-Man classic with OG black panther. The other 2 enemy champs were collosus and killmonger so there's no synergy. And as far as I know classic Spidey has no AAR. Three times in that fight I parried (and the green text came up) but classic Spidey did not get stunned or anything. Like I said this has never happened before then it happened 3 times in that fight so very perplexing.
    what was your health in that fight when that happened. Assassin can also lower AAR no matter what champion you are fighting.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Got an even better example, og colossus gives damage on "well-timed block" defender takes that damage but is not stunned. Happened in every part of the game for me. Quest aq aw arena
  • Underpar69Underpar69 Posts: 86
    Parry is def bugged. It works sporadically. Some times it works other times you faceplant! Costs items and resources so this will be on the long-finger to be resolved. I really just find it strange that issues that benefit player base gets resolved asap. Negatives are slow to be resolved.
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    Tired by parry !!!! I have green parry word but defenders are not stuned (no node nothing). Seriously...
  • Underpar69Underpar69 Posts: 86
    edited December 2020
    Why is this parry issue not in the known issues thread? Appears that it has become a sufficiently reported issue to warrant an escalation.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

Why is this parry issue not in the known issues thread? Appears that it has become a sufficiently reported issue to warrant an escalation.

Because no one seems to know what the bug actually is. The only concrete thing is this thread which isnt really about parry
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/236756/archangels-aar-immunity-is-bugged-either-that-or-parry-is-inconsistent#latest
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    Just had parry fail in a war fight. Right at the start of the fight against Doom on the node that has alternating bleed and poison immunity and stun duration is decreased by 10% each time they're stunned. It came on the screen and said parry, but I didn't notice it didn't work, went to attack and got wasted away by doom.