**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anyone else lose gamma because of maintenance?

So yes, its partially my fault for losing track of time but I do feel like the timer should have reset to where it left off after logging back in following maintenance. That was a lot of gamma tossed away because of the maintenance interruption.

Comments

• SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    They warned us about maintenance 3 times as Demonzfyre said.

• StarzStarz Posts: 153
    Hey listen. So many on the Kabam offensive... Take it easy. Im merely stating that it was in part my fault as stated BUT I have real life stuff happening which I would hope other players would and lost track of time. I had just got off work and wanted to get it in before bed not thinking of maintenance as that was the last thing I think about at that time personally.. If that is all your thinking about then put the game down.. With that im saying it would be NICE IF the timer picked up where it left off when it came back up.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Starz said:

Hey listen. So many on the Kabam offensive... Take it easy. Im merely stating that it was in part my fault as stated BUT I have real life stuff happening which I would hope other players would and lost track of time. I had just got off work and wanted to get it in before bed not thinking of maintenance as that was the last thing I think about at that time personally.. If that is all your thinking about then put the game down.. With that im saying it would be NICE IF the timer picked up where it left off when it came back up.

It's not part your fault, its 100% your fault.

Starz said:

It's not part your fault, its 100% your fault.
    Wow. You are a super angry person I can tell already.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    Starz said:

Bottom line it's not partially your fault, it's TOTALLY your fault. The event is a timed event, and if you weren't aware of the coming maintenance, that's a you problem. The timer should not pause for any reason once you start. You have 24 hours to complete a particular event, plus nothing happens if skipped that particular day. Rather than try to gain sympathy, just take the loss and move on.
    Wow. There are a lot of angry people on here. Who said I'm looking for sympathy. I'm a grown man and sympathy is the last thing I look for so remove that notion from your head
    Its the way it comes off... I don't know. Just seems very aggressive.

Btw.. I get that I wasn't paying attention and yes im being sarcastic about it only be partially my fault. In that im making a suggestion that timed events may benefit from allowing players to pick up where timer left off when, with 1mill things going on in the world today, losing track of a maintence timer shouldn't be high up there on the priority list. Then again either should this game though it seems SOME people take it way too seriously
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Starz said:

Btw.. I get that I wasn't paying attention and yes im being sarcastic about it only be partially my fault. In that im making a suggestion that timed events may benefit from allowing players to pick up where timer left off when, with 1mill things going on in the world today, losing track of a maintence timer shouldn't be high up there on the priority list. Then again either should this game though it seems SOME people take it way too seriously

I hade a stroke reading that :D
    But hey you're being reasonable and I actually agree with the idea of being able to kinda pause the timer and exit the quest if you don't have time at the moment.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

Starz said:

I hade a stroke reading that :D
    But hey you're being reasonable and I actually agree with the idea of being able to kinda pause the timer and exit the quest if you don't have time at the moment.
    It would be great, but I believe that is the reason they added the timer, to make you complete it quickly in one sitting.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    yeah i mean obviously, a small qol thing like this would only benefit players unless it overloads servers or whatever, but there's probably a lot of other stuff kabam has to deal with that stuff like this is probably not their focus
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    You have chosen to make other things higher priority in your life. As such, you must accept that lower priority things may occasionally get missed. These other things you prioritized very probably deserve your attention more than this game, but if it bothers you that you missed this, consider possibly making it a higher priority on your to-do list. Kabam has no responsibility to accommodate your schedule or priorities.

Also, there is no requirement to do the shadow base raids every day. You can skip a day or two when things are busy and catch up on the ones you skipped on a day where you have more free time.

You did not miss out on your gamma because of the maintenance. You missed out on it because you wanted to try to squeeze it in before the maintenance shutdown but miscalculated.
    Am I supposed to care what you think...?
    Or did you just want to have the last word in the thread? lol

Sorry for ruining that for you. Go ahead and post again. I won't respond.