**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Help button freezing game after maintenance [Merged]

123457»

Comments

• Options
    TIP... (until fixed)
    When you get within range of when another Help-4 would reach 1000, you can do Single-Help's instead until you hit 1000. Otherwise a Help-4 right then will cause crash.
    Then Help-4 will work again after that.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,640 Guardian
    edited October 2020
    Hopefully THIS Maintenance will fix this, since it was the prior Maintenance that broke it (or just happened to be when they tried rolling out the new “29 Helps” code (well, partially, because think the HELP ALL was supposed to maybe come with it).

But since it allows 29 HELPS now (don’t know if new Maintenance will change that or not), has anyone actually checked how much your Arena Recharge Time is getting reduced by if you have more than the old “5 Max” Helps being given to a champ ?? (Or same question regarding additional Quest Energy above the old 10 limit ?)

Can you get up to 29 minute refresh reduction for 4* champs (instead of just 5 minutes), or similarly some huge amount of reduction for 5* or 6* champs ?
  • Options
    Game is back from Maintenance now.

Tried the Help-4, was sitting at 980, and did NOT crash. (But disclaimer, there was only 2 pending Helps to give, so the Help-4 didn’t have a full 4 to actually help. So can’t be sure if it really is fixed or not yet. Won't be able to retry it until morning when I can try again after reset time and ppl having requested more helps).
  • Options
    FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 286 ★★★
    The crashing is worse. It is happening every few fights now. I already lost half health of one of my champs in AQ this morning and had to restart an arena fight. This is pitiful. The game is unplayable.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,640 Guardian
    edited October 2020
    GIVING HELP-4 when within range of reaching 1000 seems to work now today (at least for me).

I was at 960, came back and did HELP-4, and although the screen did the same noticeable “Flicker” (as it had done previously which used to be followed up by that Pop-Up and Crash in the past week), but today after that Flicker it managed to stay in game (in the Help screens). It did NOT crash this time.

And then subsequent Helps didn't do any such Flickering, was just that 1 time as you surpass 1000.

Can anyone else confirm this ? (even though as the Flicker evidenced, there is still something going on internally at that point, but at least it didn’t Crash on me).

(oh, and this is fyi for @Baboss187 and @BassanoClapper also, in case they hadn’t seen this merged thread)
  • Options
    Game is getting worse. Can’t complete a quest path without the game crashing. And am having to close and re-open the game after every other arena match to avoid the game crashing and jeopardizing my arena streak. AND, arena help is still bugged.

Any updates, Kabam? Or are you guys too embarrassed to admit that you have no clue how to make your game run correctly?

• Options
    Testing report for @Kabam Miike

Jumped in the game to top off my arena score this morning. Decided to “test to failure” to see how many fights I could do before the game crashed.

First run I completed four matches (12 fights). The game crashed right after the first fight in match 5. So, 12 successful fights, crash after 13.

Second run, the game crashed at the beginning of the last fight in match four, so the beginning of the 12th fight. So, 11 successful fights, crash during the 12th.

Never saw a “request help” green button. Checked the Alliance Help screen and I’m still showing 161 pending requests from yesterday even though all my champs have refreshed.

This means that I have to force close and re-open the game after every three arena matches or risk the game crashing in the middle of a fight. I trust that is not the intent of the designers because it really destroys arena rhythm. Also means that you have to remember to close and re-open before starting a quest run or risk losing half health from a game crash.
  • Options
    Testing update for @Kabam Miike Did a quest. After 10 fights, the game crashed when I pulled up to the 11th fight. So, three crashes this morning, all occurring after continuous fighting of between 10 and 12 fights.

This started immediately after the second maintenance last week. The maintenance this week seems to have made it worse.
  • Options
    Update for @Kabam Miike. Game crashed after just 7 fights this time in the arena. So, back to closing and re-opening the game after every two arena matches. That is not sustainable. The arena is the only thing keeping me in this game. Will look for another game if this continues.
  • Options
    Saakkiller1995Saakkiller1995 Posts: 113
    The game just hang and freezes when the help button in arena is pressed. It's not showing any connectivity issue or anything it just freezes and stays like that.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I noticed this actually.
  • Options
    Opened the game and jumped into a quest this morning. Game crashed after five fights. The game is horribly unstable since the last update, was made worse by the second maintenance done last week and has been getting worse this week.

@Kabam Miike pleaee give an update. If nothing is being done then I’m going to have to quit the game. It is causing too much frustration to be forced to close the game every few fights and worry all the time about crashes. The game is not fun since the last update. I need to find a game that is fun and works.
  • Options
    KaaldootKaaldoot Posts: 8
    + 28 from my alliance.. game goes to not responding mode and have to crash and restart.
  • Options
    Arby0314Arby0314 Posts: 22
    This is getting old, the arena has not worked right for weeks but we still get Platinumpool arena.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,174 ★★★★★
    Pliz fix this asap it so d danm frustration with no words for weeks. @Kabam Miike it getting to a point where I’m can’t grind either giv people who disliked the help system a way to disabled it for good it really isn’t helpfully for yours severe after all
  • Options
    Mankind5Mankind5 Posts: 19
    Froze and lag issues advise: Go to developer Option, look for drawing and Hardware accelerate rendering. Drawing: look for animation scales by window, transition, and animator scale. Click 1.0 to .5 scale smaller all 3 scales. Hardware accelerate: Force 4x MSAA.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Just ditch help button, it seems to create game problems
  • Options
    Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    Game freezes when asking for help in the arena. This is becoming infuriating, really. Fed up with having to restart the game after two or three rounds !!!!!
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Yeah,..when requesting help the game freezes,..happened to me several times now since last maintenance .
  • Options
    PathanSalarPathanSalar Posts: 24
    While touching on help button in arena it is taking longer than normal and most of the time gane just freezes.
    Just wanted to know is it only me or anyone else facing same problem ??
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 967 ★★★

While touching on help button in arena it is taking longer than normal and most of the time gane just freezes.
    Just wanted to know is it only me or anyone else facing same problem ??

Yeah, same.

• Options
    ericong77ericong77 Posts: 34
    Today noticed something about the help button, is actually trying to connect to kabam server and seem like connection timed up. I found a temporary solution, disconnect your internet, both mobile and Wi-Fi, reconnect your internet, your game shall be at the front page again.
  • Options
    Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 268 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    - Asking for help freezes the game. Must restart to get it working again.

- Asking for help is longer than before. Also there is an issue which as u go, one champ you ask help for doesn't go away to the bottom of the pile.

- Once people in alli give help, there is a much worst lag than before. Makes playing hard content impossible.

- Giving help to alli mates stops working. In batch or individually. Must restart the game.

For the 100th time, Pleeeease Get rid of this stupid useless feature -_- It's a hindrance to the game.

Samsung S8. Android and game latest version.
  • Options
    I don’t even want to ask my alliance for help anymore with arena champs because my game just keeps freezing every time I do
  • Options
    For those who say they're still seeing this, could you let us know what device and version of your OS you're using?
  • Options
    Just got confirmation from the rest of the team that they have a fix that should resolve this issue in the next update, both for any crashing/freezing when requesting help, and for the issue with how the Champions are sorted after help is requested.