**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mephisto Nerf.. give me back my awakening gem

Comments

• roy505roy505 Posts: 90
    bdawg923 wrote: »
    roy505 wrote: »
    I had pulled a 5 star mephisto and after going through his abilities, saw that his regen was 10% per charge.. like how regen was defined in the olden days.. plus he was tagged as a total AWD hero too.. so with this definition he was supposed to get regen based on the node he was put in war. that is a god tier definition and I used my 5 star mystic awakening gem i got from LoL on him. Now kabam has come up today with a statement saying that it was an error and they are going to change the regen back to flat value. Which means his value as an AWD has been lost to a great extent. How is this fair.. I dont want any compensation or has never cried for one, not even the resources i used to rank him up to rank 3, but I really need that 5 star awakening gem back as those are super rare to come by.. Help me guys..

@Kabam Miike

Just because it says 10%, doesn't mean it's based on the node. It's just 10% of base health. Not sure how you made the leap from 10% to 10% means off modified health. The rules are clear - war nodes don't work off modified health. It's your fault you used a gem and assumed a broken champ would be broken forever.

Before you shoot the OP down, how about you read the rest of the posts and also the champion's info in game and from their spotlight? It clearly states 10% Max Health in the description. We all know what Kabam changed for regen in 12.0, but when they release brand new, "fully-tested" champions clearly stating 10% Max Health, how is that the player bases' fault?!

Because in AW, regen ignores nodes. You're conflating two issues.

The fact that it says 10% has nothing to do with how regen behaves in AW. Max health means max champion health. So Mephisto at 4/55 could have 20k health for example. Then each charge is 10% of 20k. Say during a fight I hurt mephisto and now he has 7k health left. The calculation for his regen is going to be 10% of max (20k) health, not 10% of his 7k. That's why it says max health.

Separate from this - AW regen ignores nodes. That has 0 to do with the above. So yes, he will regen 10% instead of a flat value of like 2000. But it doesn't mean he ignores AW regen rules.

I can't make it any clearer.

Dude.. get your facts straight.. AW regen ignores nodes because all regen champs definition was changed from % to flat based.. and max health doesnt mean in any way base health.. there is no single champ in the game whose regen is now defined in terms of % other than mephisto..
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    I had pulled a 5 star mephisto and after going through his abilities, saw that his regen was 10% per charge.. like how regen was defined in the olden days.. plus he was tagged as a total AWD hero too.. so with this definition he was supposed to get regen based on the node he was put in war. that is a god tier definition and I used my 5 star mystic awakening gem i got from LoL on him. Now kabam has come up today with a statement saying that it was an error and they are going to change the regen back to flat value. Which means his value as an AWD has been lost to a great extent. How is this fair.. I dont want any compensation or has never cried for one, not even the resources i used to rank him up to rank 3, but I really need that 5 star awakening gem back as those are super rare to come by.. Help me guys..

@Kabam Miike

Just because it says 10%, doesn't mean it's based on the node. It's just 10% of base health. Not sure how you made the leap from 10% to 10% means off modified health. The rules are clear - war nodes don't work off modified health. It's your fault you used a gem and assumed a broken champ would be broken forever.

Before you shoot the OP down, how about you read the rest of the posts and also the champion's info in game and from their spotlight? It clearly states 10% Max Health in the description. We all know what Kabam changed for regen in 12.0, but when they release brand new, "fully-tested" champions clearly stating 10% Max Health, how is that the player bases' fault?!

Because in AW, regen ignores nodes. You're conflating two issues.

The fact that it says 10% has nothing to do with how regen behaves in AW. Max health means max champion health. So Mephisto at 4/55 could have 20k health for example. Then each charge is 10% of 20k. Say during a fight I hurt mephisto and now he has 7k health left. The calculation for his regen is going to be 10% of max (20k) health, not 10% of his 7k. That's why it says max health.

Separate from this - AW regen ignores nodes. That has 0 to do with the above. So yes, he will regen 10% instead of a flat value of like 2000. But it doesn't mean he ignores AW regen rules.

I can't make it any clearer.

Dude.. get your facts straight.. AW regen ignores nodes because all regen champs definition was changed from % to flat based.. and max health doesnt mean in any way base health.. there is no single champ in the game whose regen is now defined in terms of % other than mephisto..

Sure man, good luck getting your gem back.
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    You are trying to get compensation for your own mistake.
    Regen is not based on modified HP anymore. Even if the text has a flat value, it is still a % of base HP.
    Ultron for example. Even with the change to his text, he still regens 25% HP. Mephisto is the same thing. He only regens 10% of his base HP per charge

See ultrons defeniton of regen now.. it shows a flat value and not a percentage based value of 25%

and for others.. the change of regen from % based to flat based was brought for the sole purpose of making regen independent of nodes.. i will take back all that i said if his regen is still going to be defined as 10% and not as a flat value. and for everyones info.. no champ who has regen has his or her regen defined in terms of % other than mephisto..

Wrong. almost all % values were changed to flat values, not only regen.
    Ultron heals 25% HP with no masteries included. He doesn't heal 1k, 2k or 3k, he heals the exact amount of 25% of his HP, as it was before.
    So mephisto regens 10% HP for each charge

See how ultron is defined.. recovering 4143 health for 10 seconds.. and it doesnt say 25%... mephistos is said as 10% per charge
    @Kabam Miike please comment on this post..
  • Jackie2CokesJackie2Cokes Posts: 199 ★★
    xNig wrote: »
    It was stated long ago that regen will be no longer based on % value.

Doesn't matter what was stated long ago...here is the very description of his abilities of a champ they just came out with.

"When below 30% Health, each Persistent Soul Charge is consumed, Regenerating 10% of max Health per charge."

So either they blatantly lied about his ability or the didn't test properly enough to adhere to the regen rules they implemented. Either way, if they change from a 10% per charge value, that's just wrong.

"When below 30% Health, each Persistent Soul Charge is consumed, Regenerating 10% of max Health per charge."

I don't see the word "modified" in there (as in modified by aw nodes). Meaning yes, it's 10%, but 10% off the base health of the champ, since AW health modifiers no longer affect regen.

Correct, I was going off info given by OP that they were changing...It was my mistake that I did not ready up first.

Doesn't matter what was stated long ago...here is the very description of his abilities of a champ they just came out with.

So either they blatantly lied about his ability or the didn't test properly enough to adhere to the regen rules they implemented. Either way, if they change from a 10% per charge value, that's just wrong.

I don't see the word "modified" in there (as in modified by aw nodes). Meaning yes, it's 10%, but 10% off the base health of the champ, since AW health modifiers no longer affect regen.

Correct, I was going off info given by OP that they were changing...It was my mistake that I did not ready up first.

Gotcha. OP is mistaken. Simple as that
  • By those standards shouldn’t buffed aw magik regain the base % of her health lost when she’s in limbo?

" We will also be updating the in game description of his abilities to be more clear, though this will happen with a later update of the game ".. this was said by kabam mike in his post.. lets save the rest of the arguments for how this turns out
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Regen is not based on modified HP anymore. Even if the text has a flat value, it is still a % of base HP.
    Ultron for example. Even with the change to his text, he still regens 25% HP. Mephisto is the same thing. He only regens 10% of his base HP per charge

See ultrons defeniton of regen now.. it shows a flat value and not a percentage based value of 25%

and for others.. the change of regen from % based to flat based was brought for the sole purpose of making regen independent of nodes.. i will take back all that i said if his regen is still going to be defined as 10% and not as a flat value. and for everyones info.. no champ who has regen has his or her regen defined in terms of % other than mephisto..

Ultron heals 25% HP with no masteries included. He doesn't heal 1k, 2k or 3k, he heals the exact amount of 25% of his HP, as it was before.

See how ultron is defined.. recovering 4143 health for 10 seconds.. and it doesnt say 25%... mephistos is said as 10% per charge

Do the math. Is 25% HP, as it is intended. Flat values aren't random numebers, they are suppose to be a % of the champion HP/attack
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    @roy505 Did you submit a ticket through support in the game yet? If not, then you will get nothing in here but a reply to do that first.

Do the math. Is 25% HP, as it is intended. Flat values aren't random numebers, they are suppose to be a % of the champion HP/attack

there is a big difference in the defenition "25% of max health" and a flat value.. flat value cannot be altered.. max health can be
    Thawnim wrote: »
    @roy505 Did you submit a ticket through support in the game yet? If not, then you will get nothing in here but a reply to do that first.

yes i did

" We will also be updating the in game description of his abilities to be more clear, though this will happen with a later update of the game ".. this was said by kabam mike in his post.. lets save the rest of the arguments for how this turns out

So, let me get this straight. You read his abilities, saw 10%, and decided "Hey, this must mean that AW rules, which apply to over 100 champions, don't apply to Mephisto for some reason." That's on you dude.

there is a big difference in the defenition "25% of max health" and a flat value.. flat value cannot be altered.. max health can be

That's also wrong. Flat values can be altered by ranking up a champ or increasing sig level.

So, let me get this straight. You read his abilities, saw 10%, and decided "Hey, this must mean that AW rules, which apply to over 100 champions, don't apply to Mephisto for some reason." That's on you dude.

look who is redefining the terms of argument now....

That's also wrong. Flat values can be altered by ranking up a champ or increasing sig level.

was talking of AW nodes only
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    OP, read how the Willpower mastery works, which also states %-based regen.

You know that only works off base health in AW, right?

So, it isn't really a leap to know that Mephisto's %-based regen is only supposed to work off base health.

This isn't a nerf, it's a bug fix.

If it's any consolation, Mephisto's aura spam was the only thing that made master mode challenging (Assuming you didn't have Iceman). Now you can annoy attackers with his aura as they punch him.

was talking of AW nodes only

It would still be wrong. Bleed damage, in a flat value, is increased in an attack node
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited October 2017

Because if it wasn't based on 'max' health, as opposed to current health, the regen would only be based on his health level when it got knocked down to 30% and triggered. 10% of 30% is only 3%, so naturally that would be bad.

But max base health =/= max modified health, yet they are still both considered 'max'.

OP assumed it was the latter, when obviously it was never intended and Kabam let yet another bug go live.

Again, it isn't a nerf, it's bug fix.
    yeah.. only regen was made independent of nodes in AW... didn't think of will power honestly.. thats the first logical thing one has pointed out.. im cool if they keep the champ defined as it is now... "10% of max health per charge" will accept it as my mistake then.. if kabam changes it to a flat value.. then it is kabams fault.
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    I agree wid u mate.But kabam doesn't agree with u
    Flat value or % value, there is no difference at all if it is Regeneration.
    10% MAX HP = 10% of his max base HP
    @Kabam Miike can you please give a comment on this.. your silence is not helping here
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    Sound is made only when two hands clap
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    @Kabam Miike can you please give a comment on this.. your silence is not helping here

He's not even logged on today!

You can't call out/tag mods to a thread. So you can stop with that too

You can't call out/tag mods to a thread. So you can stop with that too

didn't know that..
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    This guy should get back his awakening gem. This is ready bad on kabam’s part. The people on here stating otherwise makes no sense. He was supposed to assume that kabam had a typo in the abilities of a champ they put out? Cmon. If there was every a clear case that someone should get an awakening gem back, it’s this.

However, I believe people should have gotten awakening gems back for Thor, strange, bw, and switch and that didn’t happen.
    Run477 wrote: »
    This guy should get back his awakening gem. This is ready bad on kabam’s part. The people on here stating otherwise makes no sense. He was supposed to assume that kabam had a typo in the abilities of a champ they put out? Cmon. If there was every a clear case that someone should get an awakening gem back, it’s this.

However, I believe people should have gotten awakening gems back for Thor, strange, bw, and switch and that didn’t happen.

thanks man.. :)