**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rank 5 Wasp

HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Looking for some opinions. Wasp comes along with Ghost a lot. Is she rank 5 worthy? God forbid something happens to Ghost *cry* sometimes as rank 4 Wasp isn't doing much in act 6/cavalier content. Spend the resources to rank her up to be more than, "there just for Ghost"?
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    She’s a great champ. I have a R3 6*. And she is insanely good as long as you are great at intercepting. She can do insane amounts of damage before the opponent can even reach SP1
  • Options
    KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
    I’ve got her at r3 as a 6* and I love her. She’s a great day to day questing champ and she’s got solid utility if you know how to use her. I’m sure she’ll be useful for book 2.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I’d say so, just for the fact that she hits like a truck. Plus if you’re gonna bring ghost in and want wasp, it’s nice to have a R5 as a backup instead of a R2 or something
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I took my Wasp up to R5 to go with my R3 Ghost. Have no regrets.
  • Options
    ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    Wasp was my first 4* champ..and man she clobbered the earlier acts for me! Respect
  • Options
    naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    As mentioned above she's not a parry reliant champ. She's an intercept, bait special style champ and she excels at that playstyle. If you are good at intercepting her low block proficiency does not matter. That's the knock on her, but those saying that are playing her wrong. Just saying

I love mine. Plus she's arguably the best stacked Maw counter currently in the game. Maybe that doesn't matter to you, but Maw is like my bane. She takes care of him and makes my scrub self look good lol.
  • Options
    Jazzy011Jazzy011 Posts: 81
    edited November 2020
    She's pretty decent for when Ghost is dead. Rank her if you have spare resources, but I wouldn't rank her above the other top dogs. She's got some decent burst damage. But the fact that she isn't suicide friendly and has barely no utility really holds her back. Doing heavy out of a combo is her only real utility.
  • Options
    Alvin69Alvin69 Posts: 78 ★★
    Jazzy011 said:

She's pretty decent for when Ghost is dead. Rank her if you have spare resources, but I wouldn't rank her above the other top dogs. She's got some decent burst damage. But the fact that she isn't suicide friendly and has barely no utility really holds her back. Doing heavy out of a combo is her only real utility.

How is she not suicide friendly? I know she has a low health pool, but she doesn't rely on her special 1 or 2 for damage. Her sp3 can hit really hard, especially if you have a high enough combo. On top of that, guaranteed crits and having a playstyle that doesn't rely on parries is utility in itself. Also, her ability to gain more attack based on the amount of debuffs on the opponent is also handy in some situations.
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    Great write up. You wrote virtually everything I was planning on saying
    @MegaSkater67
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Hazzalec1 said:

Great write up. You wrote virtually everything I was planning on saying
    @MegaSkater67

Haha, I write guides on a lot of champs, always loved wasp
  • Options
    Nigtmare6511Nigtmare6511 Posts: 11

She’s a great champ. I have a R3 6*. And she is insanely good as long as you are great at intercepting. She can do insane amounts of damage before the opponent can even reach SP1

Hi bro, so I have a wasp and a science t5cc, also spidergwen,morales and mr.fantastic... I didn’t want to use the t5cc in any of them but do you really recommend me taking her as my first r3? And if yes can you send me some footage? LineID: iskandariii
  • Options
    _Reef_Reef Posts: 265
    I dont even have Ghost, i was so happy when i duped my 5r5, she kills Doom, Mojo, Longshot, Maw w ease, i barely even read the nodes when i approach them w Wasp. Only problem i have is with Majik's limbo. I play her w NF and Antman, i rarely get touched. i wish i had a 5* havok to go with the team. Last hit of 4hit heavy combo is 11k. For a while i had recoil all the way up and only used sp3 turned it down and discovered her sp2. Sig ability isnt much but i want to throw stones at her anyway cause i love her.