**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thoughts on the new AQ update?

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

No more free heals for mag red and Omega if you run suicides and willpower is a huge blow. As is the maybe nerf to omega's damage...

The update to map 4 AI is a huge relief.

Glory store updates look juicy, will be pushing for TB now that's for sure!

Gutted about the Omega nerf though, that's a huge blow as he carries me through AQ itemless, week in, week out :-(

What are you talking about ? Is omega's damage nerfed ? He has a death field bug right now.
    Omega's going to be purifying bleeds in AQ now which gets rid of his death field which reduces his damage and removes his healing.
    Omega does not purify bleeds if over 10 spores, this should have been learned from the monthly quests that they changed because AAR was affecting it.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Please give the Alliance potion system a look. The Alliance potions that are only available for units should be the ones you can buy in the Glory store. One death in AW can cost you over 1k glory. Will only get worse as R3s become more available
    Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

No more free heals for mag red and Omega if you run suicides and willpower is a huge blow. As is the maybe nerf to omega's damage...

Gutted about the Omega nerf though, that's a huge blow as he carries me through AQ itemless, week in, week out :-(

What are you talking about ? Is omega's damage nerfed ? He has a death field bug right now.
    Omega's going to be purifying bleeds in AQ now which gets rid of his death field which reduces his damage and removes his healing.
    Omega does not purify bleeds if over 10 spores, this should have been learned from the monthly quests that they changed because AAR was affecting it.

Why don't you reread this and tell me what wrong with what you just said.
    I have read that, why dont YOU tell me what I stated was wrong, considering that OR has been confirmed to not purify bleeds on himself on the seeing red node (before change) due to his AAR on purify effects over 10 spores.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

I have read that, why dont YOU tell me what I stated was wrong, considering that OR has been confirmed to not purify bleeds on himself on the seeing red node (before change) due to his AAR on purify effects over 10 spores.
    He's not going to be able to get his spores up, so that's irrelevant.
    Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Why will he not be able to get his spores up? There is nothing in there that prevents it from going up. It also affects it by 10% per spore he has, so if he has 5 spores it is only a 50% chance, 7 spores 30% chance. If you cannot maintain 10 spores than you are not playing OR very well anyways.

In addition the notice talks about a 1 time purification, not a constant purification, then the bleeds have POTENCY reduced, not DURATION, similar to how the new seeing red works.

• Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

Etjama said:

As a thronebreaker, I can only praise this. It’s absolutely excellent.

For Cav players, seems not quite as great. At all. Although I actually don’t think Cav players should get T5CC in the glory store. Not at this point anyway. I know people won’t like that, but I do think it’s the healthy route. Someone on 6.2.1 shouldn’t really be getting T5CC weekly.

That's my dilemma. I don't think someone who just got Cav should be able to get T5CC with Glory. But then there are the people with 3 different T5CC's and no good options for em that totally deserve the T5CC in the Glory store. It all comes back to the idiotic R3 requirement.
    if you have 3 different T5CC and no good option it sounds like you are not very top end. How can you not have a good champion in any of half the classes when you can get over 2 6*s a month. It sounds like you are focusing on the wrong things.
    Common problem.. people think they can only rank 3 perceived ‘god’ champs.

Simple logic.. If you want the extra rewards then rank a champ to progress your account and more rewards come faster. Why you think so many people had r5 Thor Rag for prestige purposes
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I got my blue 6* cyclops ready B)

The red Cyclops is the Effective one...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

I have to disagree. I believe it purifies them for the first and going forward, they apply but their potency is reduced to zero. Similar to how CG works. The bleed is applied but no damage. Wording is weird.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Why will he not be able to get his spores up? There is nothing in there that prevents it from going up. It also affects it by 10% per spore he has, so if he has 5 spores it is only a 50% chance, 7 spores 30% chance. If you cannot maintain 10 spores than you are not playing OR very well anyways.

In addition the notice talks about a 1 time purification, not a constant purification, then the bleeds have POTENCY reduced, not DURATION, similar to how the new seeing red works.

He means spores past 10. Having a bleed on you allows you to place more than 10 because the death field is active. That can be achieved by a sp2 as well but faster if you have a bleed on.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I don't like how T1a decreases in price for thronebreaker, but not the rest. It takes ridiculous amounts of t1a to rank-up 5*. I don't understand why it is such a hard commodity. I would like to have a fixed amount per completed AQ map.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Why's no one talking about the fact that they reduced the price of tier 1 alpha?

Don’t need t1alpha to rank 6 stars

But it's needed for 5* rank-ups. Which is where I'm at atm.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

For Cav players, seems not quite as great. At all. Although I actually don’t think Cav players should get T5CC in the glory store. Not at this point anyway. I know people won’t like that, but I do think it’s the healthy route. Someone on 6.2.1 shouldn’t really be getting T5CC weekly.

That's my dilemma. I don't think someone who just got Cav should be able to get T5CC with Glory. But then there are the people with 3 different T5CC's and no good options for em that totally deserve the T5CC in the Glory store. It all comes back to the idiotic R3 requirement.
    Greekhit said:

What about those Cavaliers who have completed all content (except Abyss), have multiple 5/65s, but not an r3 to justify Thronebreaker title.
    Should they have the same access to glory store as a newly Uncollected player?
    Kabam got lazy to distinguish Cavalier from Uncollected glory rewards and chose to demote Cavaliers 😠
    This is the thing, I don’t agree with the R3 requirement. Once again, Cav should have been at the act 6 completion level. There is too much damn variance between Cav players. It screws up the economy and progression, or the players at the top end of the spectrum

Unfortunately I think screwing the top players on that spectrum is less harmful than potentially the entire progression economy
    I still firmly believe that Thronebreaker should've been locked behind Act 6 exploration or Abyss completion. Both of those guarantee a fully formed T5CC. No rewarding those who got crazy luck and formed one after exploring 6.1, no punishing those who can't pull a good champ for their 3 fully formed ones. No RNG involved.
    See, I don’t actually think we needed Cav. It was too early. I would have had ‘Cav’ at act 6 completion, no R3 requirement, and ‘Thronebreaker’ in at least 7.2, maybe 3 or 4, no R3 requirement. I think basing something off of a catalyst leaves people at the mercy of RNG, where it really shouldn’t be. There’s a much steeper jump between 6.1 and act 6 completion than between uncollected and Cav. I think the numerous UC in a week and Cav in 2 week runs prove that. Nobody does act 6 completion in a couple of weeks
    Oh, I totally agree. This is exactly how I would've had it. But I think those requirements would at least fox the RNG aspect of the Thronebreaker requirement.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    Anyone know why some posts are saying that omega red won’t be good for AQ anymore?
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    I am Sitting on about 50 t1a.. have no use for them really as most the time I am now ranking 6* to r2 over 5*
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    rnr87 said:

Loving how cavalier players just got gut punched back too uncollected....

Yeah there’s a very unsubtle psychology at work here. And I strongly suspect it’s going to be successful

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

He means spores past 10. Having a bleed on you allows you to place more than 10 because the death field is active. That can be achieved by a sp2 as well but faster if you have a bleed on.
    In the context we are speaking of that does not make any sense. I know how death field works, but we are talking about preventing the purify, which only needs 10, so you get 10, and no more purify, and you can continue to get bleeds and more spores from death field.

And that is assuming that the node purifies every bleed and not just the first one for the cross fight, which is not how the node reads but possible.

Why the mash up for Uncollected and Cavalier? Those are significantly different achievements. As a Cavalier player, that's a big slap in the face. That needs to be changed right now.

uncollected/cav have always been the same tier, so it does not need to be changed, and it is not a "slap in the face". it always makes me laugh how that phrase is used when someone does not like something.
  • Drax_ReflexologistDrax_Reflexologist Posts: 120 ★★
    I've always believed it's lame they combined Uncollected and Cavalier. If rewards are to be mashed up why not mash up the top two tiers?

Wasn't that the pattern before?

That's the [insert phrase that makes you laugh]. Its duplicitous.

For the record I don't think any should be mashed up. I haven't earned Thronebreaker, therefore I haven't earned the rewards.
    Lormif said:

Why the mash up for Uncollected and Cavalier? Those are significantly different achievements. As a Cavalier player, that's a big slap in the face. That needs to be changed right now.

uncollected/cav have always been the same tier, so it does not need to be changed, and it is not a "slap in the face". it always makes me laugh how that phrase is used when someone does not like something.

I've always believed it's lame they combined Uncollected and Cavalier. If rewards are to be mashed up why not mash up the top two tiers?

Wasn't that the pattern before?

That's the [insert phrase that makes you laugh]. Its duplicitous.

For the record I don't think any should be mashed up. I haven't earned Thronebreaker, therefore I haven't earned the rewards.

Lormif said:

Because this is how the system works. did you get mad when Conquered and proven were mashed together when uncollected was the top? probably not, as most players were fine with it, except those in those categories. It is only when it affects someone that they are are upset it up, but this is how the system works. Generally speaking the top tier gets its own, and then they group many below it.
  • Drax_ReflexologistDrax_Reflexologist Posts: 120 ★★
    I wasn't aware of the proven/conqueror mash up, so no I didn't get mad. I'm long past those benchmarks so not looking at any impacts at that level. I would expect player of that tier to call attention to their issues. Not sure what point you are trying to make there.

I appreciate the points you bring up, but I think you continue to make my point.

Was Cavalier given a top tier of AQ rewards or has it been mashed up the whole time? Genuine question, because I don't remember.

Kabam chose to tier us by progression, so be it.

But then they pick and choose the application of benefits.

I am going to voice my opinion that they are making a mistake.
    Lormif said:

Because this is how the system works. did you get mad when Conquered and proven were mashed together when uncollected was the top? probably not, as most players were fine with it, except those in those categories. It is only when it affects someone that they are are upset it up, but this is how the system works. Generally speaking the top tier gets its own, and then they group many below it.

• Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★

Potions not being increased in potency (for glory) or decreased in price with more and more r3's and higher health pools is getting old.

Also how do you ever get an in against the white magneto mini?

Heavy-Hitter
    Mighty Charge - 3
    Power Struggle
    True Strike
    Power Snack 2

Can't bait heavies because of heavy hitter and his specials aren't exactly easily punishable. Node combo seems a bit much.

Reparry