**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How in the world do you beat the IMIW and havok in v5?

Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I just spent the last 45 minutes trying to beat quest 1 of v5. I didn’t have much trouble getting up to iron man infinity war but once he got down to 15% it went terribly because of the 90% armor node. I got through him after 7 or so revives and was planning to use dr voodoo on havok because I’d seen videos of that matchup working on the 6.3 havok boss. I tried 3 times before running out of revives and then decided it wasn’t worth it because I was going to have to dip really far into my units to complete the quest. So how do I get through those two fights? My team was 5* r4 BWCV, 5* r3 starky, 4* r5 voodoo, 4* r5 sym supreme, and 6* r1 stealthy.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• deepblack12deepblack12 Posts: 229 ★★
    I used r5 starky. Built 10 charge and then went for it. Sure it took 2-3 revives but i got no skill anyway.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    @Charlie21540 @abqber i unfortunately don’t have a venom or venom the duck. Is pretty much my only choice to wait for one?
  • abqberabqber Posts: 230 ★★
    Will3808 said:

@Charlie21540 @abqber i unfortunately don’t have a venom or venom the duck. Is pretty much my only choice to wait for one?

I'd say it's better to wait. Having even a 4* Venom/VTD will save you a lot of hassle and items. Good luck.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I used a 4* VTD and used some potions and a revive on havok, but it was really easy with him.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Voodoo works for that Havok, IMIW can be done with a lot of people
  • anaLysis_anaLysis_ Posts: 259 ★★★
    My r3 5* venom worked wonders
  • MR_61088MR_61088 Posts: 195 ★★
    edited November 2020
    I beat IMIW with r3 Sorcerer Supreme. Sure took around 140 hits but was a oneshot and okay

And for Havok i used r4 Starky and Venom the Duck.
    Toxic armor did very well took only 1 revive and is one of the toughest fights in the completition tun for this variant in my opinion

Voodoo works for that Havok, IMIW can be done with a lot of people

I tried voodoo and it did not go well. I’m not sure if I was doing something wrong but I’m pretty sure there’s only one way to do it.
  • MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    Starky should work for IMIW, that's who I used. If Voodoo isn't working for Havok then using Sparky and baiting Sp2s is probably your best option.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    I did it with vtd. Pretty straightforward fight with him.
    Though I will suggest to wait or to r4 starky to give him the juice to defeat havok.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Havok's gonna be a problem without a counter, but I did IMIW with Stealthy.

(Ignore the typp in this description, I think it's 10 instead of 100.)
    Basically just use a high dps Spider-Verse Hero and time it so you're unblockable once he drops into his power gain phase to ignore auto-block. You can do the same thing without high dps and some special baiting.

But since you're lacking a Havok counter, I'd suggest going far left in the first half, then taking the middle path in the second half.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Basically just use a high dps Spider-Verse Hero and time it so you're unblockable once he drops into his power gain phase to ignore auto-block. You can do the same thing without high dps and some special baiting.

But since you're lacking a Havok counter, I'd suggest going far left in the first half, then taking the middle path in the second half.

@Etjama you only need 3 of those stuff actually.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

@Etjama you only need 3 of those stuff actually.
    Thanks, it's been a while.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I used Venom for both iirc
  • Venom, parry heavy for imiw until you get true strike. Make sure you have armor up buff when fighting Havok
  • GlassbackGlassback Posts: 341 ★★★
    Pretty sure I used venom for both, like above said, parry or intercept his heavy with yours for the armour break.
    Havok just heavy until venom rolls an armour up and for gods sake don’t hit sp2 😂

I used a 4* with all the boosts and went through it well
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I think I’m going to continue exploring act 5 and once I build up the revives try again with starky. If that doesn’t work I’ll just wait for a 4 or 5 star venom.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    It’s not a problem, whenever IMIW get to 15%, you hold block in front of him to trigger his Heavy attack, then instantly dash back with heavy counter~
  • Barani7daBarani7da Posts: 663 ★★
    edited November 2020
    I think red skull is immune to plasma charge of havok
    Does u have havok for counter attack to havok itself?
  • Barani7daBarani7da Posts: 663 ★★
    Will3808 said:

I just spent the last 45 minutes trying to beat quest 1 of v5. I didn’t have much trouble getting up to iron man infinity war but once he got down to 15% it went terribly because of the 90% armor node. I got through him after 7 or so revives and was planning to use dr voodoo on havok because I’d seen videos of that matchup working on the 6.3 havok boss. I tried 3 times before running out of revives and then decided it wasn’t worth it because I was going to have to dip really far into my units to complete the quest. So how do I get through those two fights? My team was 5* r4 BWCV, 5* r3 starky, 4* r5 voodoo, 4* r5 sym supreme, and 6* r1 stealthy.

Quest 1 of v5 is which quest can u tell
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Barani7da said:

I think red skull is immune to plasma charge of havok
    Does u have havok for counter attack to havok itself?

In v5 you can only use mystic, symbiote, or spider verse champs.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

Just today . Doom and Sym. Supreme carried most of it..Juicy rewards.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    @Will3808 You could try the bottom path with BWCV. Juggs is a bit annoying but once you get past him it’s easier. Plus it’s low energy and first fight so easy to practice until you get it.

After that there’s at least one easyish path per quest she can plough through on her own and will do all the bosses.
  • Mr_AaeezzMr_Aaeezz Posts: 50
    Well i just brought Dr Doom and diablo synergy and spammed hevies on havok and for infinity man just power steal when u get a parry or make sure u have a sp2 waiting on claire for the last phase of IMIW. If you don't have doom then your only real option is venom or voodo
  • VtD did the job for me quite nicely on IMIW and Sparky for Havoc as the power drain handles his plasma build up