**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Wrong war matching which is not fair enough kabam!!!!

My alliance with 9 million rating is being matched with 20 million alliance for WAR. What's this kind of war matching ideas doing in your game how should we fight and win high rated ally pls do something kabam!!! See the pic

Comments

• Wow, if you matched with yourself then that definitely isn't right

if one loses, does the other win? or if one loses, the other loses because theyre the same
    Maybe it's a draw?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Wow, if you matched with yourself then that definitely isn't right

if one loses, does the other win? or if one loses, the other loses because theyre the same
    Maybe it's a draw?
    probably what would happen
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    In a few weeks or so, when everything settles. I think the bracket will look like:

Master, Plat - Top tiers
    Gold - Competitive 600k+ and Chill/Retired alliances
    Silver below - Chill/Retired alliances and 600k below.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★

My alliance with 9 million rating is being matched with 20 million alliance for WAR. What's this kind of war matching ideas doing in your game how should we fight and win high rated ally pls do something kabam!!! See the pic

Definitely not fair, you matched yourself.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Will3808 said:

It doesn’t matter what your alliance rating is. If you both have the same war rating it’s completely fair

Define fair.
    Lmao said:

Will3808 said:

It doesn’t matter what your alliance rating is. If you both have the same war rating it’s completely fair

To elaborate, no. That's not what fair is.
    People keep implying it's fair, but what they really mean is it's FAIR for people to lose in UNFAIR Matches because the Rewards are the same. This logic is no more true than when the changes were made.
    That's not what people mean. If you still can't see why this war matchmaking is fair as of right now after so many people have explained it to you, then I guess there's no point in me explaining it to you too.
    That's exactly what people mean when someone expresses they've been given an unfair Match and people tell them it's fair. It is not automatically fair because War Ratings are the same. That just ignores the problem presented.
    Realistically, we see less of these Matches. Things have shifted. However, if that same wash is going to be used, I'm going to point out it's just a brush-off. The Matches aren't fair when an Ally is overpowered beyond a certain point. People just don't care because the Rewards matter more to them. That doesn't change the fact that it's still unfair for the people that have to lose in these cases, and I'm still not cosigning the misuse of what's fair and what isn't.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Another one of these? Here we go again.

Lmao said:

Will3808 said:

To elaborate, no. That's not what fair is.
    People keep implying it's fair, but what they really mean is it's FAIR for people to lose in UNFAIR Matches because the Rewards are the same. This logic is no more true than when the changes were made.
    That's not what people mean. If you still can't see why this war matchmaking is fair as of right now after so many people have explained it to you, then I guess there's no point in me explaining it to you too.
    You just activated his trap card!
    I've made my point. It's all good.
  • ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    OP..
    Your case will be fruitless here broham. Our alliance has had this same issue many a times, but FINALLY it appears to be equalizing out now that were however many seasons into this.
    I can certainly understand how you and your teammates feel. Having said that, best advice I can give you is to just grit your teeth, try to grab some boss clears and get out of there with as many points as possible.
    Try and look at it from a view that these tough matches will help you and your team improve..it will get better!

Good luck and power forward bro!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    I see these types of matchups how I see the NFL right now. These types of matchups are like playing against the New York Jets. The Jets are the lower rated team and then theres everyone else. The Jets CAN win each week but haven't. The thing is, the Jets are in the same league as my team the Chiefs.

Everyone can win a matchup. Just some teams are better than others. Same brackets, same war ratings, different players.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★

I see these types of matchups how I see the NFL right now. These types of matchups are like playing against the New York Jets. The Jets are the lower rated team and then theres everyone else. The Jets CAN win each week but haven't. The thing is, the Jets are in the same league as my team the Chiefs.

Everyone can win a matchup. Just some teams are better than others. Same brackets, same war ratings, different players.

That's the best analogy I have heard so far. It doesn't matter who the team is, they are ranked in the same section as you so you have to go against them.

@GroundedWisdom I'm not sure you made your point... you said a lot of the same stuff you've said in all the other "debates" about this already and it still doesn't hold any weight.

Those guys are gold 3 with a war rating of 1088, yet my ally is silver 1 with a war rating of 1289. I ain't complaining cause it's gonna work itself out like it's supposed to (eventually), but let me know how 1088 is above 1289 (200 points) in any other rating system that doesn't have a handicap.

I look forward to all these guys getting relegated down to where they belong, sooner than later.

It's too late in the game for people to claim that. The system has had enough time to balance itself out. No one is being knocked down to where they belong. War is a mess overall, and one aspect of that mess is a system that doesn't have limits on the variation in strengths of Allies. There is nothing preventing these Matches from occurring, whether occasional or the result of Allies starting out. That's been my argument and it continues to be my argument. Overpowering the opponent to the point of an unfair advantage will always be unfair, and that's not going to change. All the proselytizing in the world for War Rating being absolute perfection won't bring me to ignore that it's an issue. This business about keeping Muggles in their rightful place is just blaming others for one's own
    shortcomings at this point. Maybe other people have no issues with accepting chump Wins, but I do. The system needs a complete redo if it's to continue. Whether that happens or not is beyond me. What I'm not going to do is pretend it's fair. I will not change the definition based on a desired outcome.
    Look around. The disinterest in War is growing. Not shrinking. That's after the change.
  • Look around. The disinterest in War is growing. Not shrinking. That's after the change.

It has started before the change though
  • LmaoLmao Posts: 820 ★★★

Look around. The disinterest in War is growing. Not shrinking. That's after the change.

No matter what you say, you can’t deny that the war system we have right now is better than the system we had before. If you think otherwise, let me just tell you that I was in a 6 mil alliance that ran 2bgs and we were in gold 1/plat 4.
  • LmaoLmao Posts: 820 ★★★
    Lmao said:

No matter what you say, you can’t deny that the war system we have right now is better than the system we had before. If you think otherwise, let me just tell you that I was in a 6 mil alliance that ran 2bgs and we were in gold 1/plat 4.
    This was before the change of course
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

That trend started way before the change. Changing the matchmaking just wasn't enough to fix war, but it's certainly not (the only thing) what's wrong with it
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

@GroundedWisdom I'm not sure you made your point... you said a lot of the same stuff you've said in all the other "debates" about this already and it still doesn't hold any weight.

Those guys are gold 3 with a war rating of 1088, yet my ally is silver 1 with a war rating of 1289. I ain't complaining cause it's gonna work itself out like it's supposed to (eventually), but let me know how 1088 is above 1289 (200 points) in any other rating system that doesn't have a handicap.

I look forward to all these guys getting relegated down to where they belong, sooner than later.

Although there is obvious correlation between your War Rating and your Rank (Gold, Silver, etc.), there are a bunch of other factors that can lead to one Alliance having a higher War Rating but lower Rank.

Firstly, that picture says that they were Gold 3 last season. They may have been running all 3 groups and maybe your alliance wasn't. Secondly, we are through 6 Wars this season, Maybe this alliance is struggling this season and already lost a couple of wars and has had their War Rating fall so far this season. You lose about 30-50 points in War Rating if you lose, if they were 1-4 or 0-5 this season already, it's very possible that they could've already dropped 200 points. If this alliance steamrolled through their first 5 wars of the season and then finally got a more difficult one, I doubt the post would've been created.