**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I have a question for F2P players.

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
What makes you stick to the game for years ? Don't you get salty when you see a whale pulling champs you dream of ? Haven't you ever decided to quit as you can't pull whom you need ? Aren't you tempted to whale out even once ? How do you go with a positive approach of continuous bad luck or long progression time ?

Comments

• Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    DarkZen said:

... i play the game to pass the time... sure i will take part in AQ/AW and Event Quest. Everything else im not bothered or have little interest... Now if i can get my hands on G2099 would be awesome

For g99 luck , you gotta sppppppeeeennnnndddd
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’m a free to play player who has quit the game multiple times and am now back. I’m not sure if you would count this but I first started the game very soon after it came out in 2015 on an iPad and then started on my phone in 2016. I think I finished act 4 before quitting because I got bored. I don’t really remember much of playing back then but I still have a 4* r4 agent venom and ultron that were my main path clears. I then came back summer of 2019 and the game had completely changed. I remember staying through the end of a summoner appreciation calendar but then quitting because I was stuck at a wall and could do act 5. I recently came back in April because of Covid and have no plan of stopping any time soon. Sorry that was so long but in answer to your question about being tempted to buy stuff, the only thing I’ve been tempted to buy is units for mastery cores because my masteries are still not where I’d like them to be.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Will3808 said:

I’m a free to play player who has quit the game multiple times and am now back. I’m not sure if you would count this but I first started the game very soon after it came out in 2015 on an iPad and then started on my phone in 2016. I think I finished act 4 before quitting because I got bored. I don’t really remember much of playing back then but I still have a 4* r4 agent venom and ultron that were my main path clears. I then came back summer of 2019 and the game had completely changed. I remember staying through the end of a summoner appreciation calendar but then quitting because I was stuck at a wall and could do act 5. I recently came back in April because of Covid and have no plan of stopping any time soon. Sorry that was so long but in answer to your question about being tempted to buy stuff, the only thing I’ve been tempted to buy is units for mastery cores because my masteries are still not where I’d like them to be.

Lol ..sure lotta folks have quit and came back later to distract them from something .
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,038 ★★★★
    Now, who told I have bad luck??

:D

partial sarcasm
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

What makes you stick to the game for years ? Don't you get salty when you see a whale pulling champs you dream of ? Haven't you ever decided to quit as you can't pull whom you need ? Aren't you tempted to whale out even once ? How do you go with a positive approach of continuous bad luck or long progression time ?

I think it’s because I am not really into the game as some people seem to be . To me it’s something to do for fun. Not even a little bit tempted to waste actual real life money in this. Maybe if the offers were actually reasonable like say 0.50 cents or at most a dollar or two but here are talking about tens of dollars here . Hell I have seen an offer that cost over 100$! For that much money I could fly to Italy for the weekend . Well at least before the pandemic

So nope not real temptation for me . And no jealousy towards people who whale out . Just bafflement that’s they would chose to spend their money like this but hey it’s their money it’s their right to whatever they want with and different things bring joy to different people
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Lots of questions, I’m not completely ftp, spent a bit over the 4-5 years but small whales will spend more this week than I have in total so I’d say I can still sort of answer them, I’ll go in order.

- I play mostly because I enjoy the game and got into the game from the films, if I get bored of the films I’ll possibly get bored of the game too.

- yes and no, I get more salty at the people that whine about bad luck then pop a single Cav crystal each week and get a 5* or 6* every time, bonus salt if it’s the new champ, but that’s purely because I’ve still never gotten the 5* or 6* version of a featured champ, heck I’ve only had a 4* version of the featured twice over the years, and that includes from premiums, uncollected and cav crystals.

- I’ve considered it a few times, especially Back in whichever year blade day was, when I went about 10-11 months with no helpful pulls.

- Yes, quite a lot, but then I remind myself what would be better long term.

- Well I try to find a use for champs regardless, For 6*s, if they’re at least fun to use, I’m fine with the pull. So I guess I just set my standards lower than the people that whine if it isn’t in ‘seatins super extra god tier’ tier. Those people will always be miserable.
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    I just enjoy the game, I like chatting with my alliance, and not paying makes god tier pulls feel more special. Though I'm not exactly completely F2P. I spend a bit on cyber weekend and July 4th
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Chikel said:

Well, I don't have the money to spend in the first place so I don't really have a choice. The exchange rate here is through the roof. Maybe I will start spending if Kabam introduces regional pricing.

Agree to lot of extent. I do a lil bit of spending , but buying Odin for e.g or any early access bundle is way expensive. 100$ Odin = 8k INR in my currency.
    100$ here is N38k. The minimum wage is 30k and a lot of people earn way below that.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

Rohit_316 said:

Chikel said:

Well, I don't have the money to spend in the first place so I don't really have a choice. The exchange rate here is through the roof. Maybe I will start spending if Kabam introduces regional pricing.

Agree to lot of extent. I do a lil bit of spending , but buying Odin for e.g or any early access bundle is way expensive. 100$ Odin = 8k INR in my currency.
    100$ here is N38k. The minimum wage is 30k and a lot of people earn way below that.
    the minimum wage in the states is $7.25 an hour
  • Barani7daBarani7da Posts: 663 ★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Chikel said:

Yes,I agree it
    Because I'm also INDIAN 🇮🇳
  • MegaGalacticMegaGalactic Posts: 248 ★★
    edited November 2020
    I’m not playing to compete with them, I’m playing to try and increase my own skills and reach personal goals 🤺 Also, sure they do get great pulls for their money but they also pay loads of money for pretty bad pulls.
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Barani7da said:

Rohit_316 said:

Chikel said:

Yes,I agree it
    Because I'm also INDIAN 🇮🇳
    Same
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    I like the game too much to quit just cuz I am ftp
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Its all about playing at your own pace. I do get jealous when folks get great pulls, but that's the game. I don't need to be an end game player as quickly as possible. Finding the right alliance is also key. I'm comfortable being 100% F2P and enjoy the map 7, platinum 4 alliance I am in and able to compete without issues.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Since when is spending money a prerequisite to enjoying a game? Spending is nice to get ahead or to get a little boost every then and again, but the fun is the journey: collecting and leveling up characters to progress through tougher content, not reaching the end of all content with 6* r3 Doom Ægon and Ghost.
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Don't try and compare yourself to anyone else. Remember it is a game and games are meant to be fun. Play the way you have fun and don't subscribe to the idea you can only use certain champs.
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    F2P here with an occasional google play cards from friends and family. Will not purchase my own lol! Started playing in 2015. What keeps me playing is the game? Playing cool characters I grew up reading( I have over 1000 comics 96% marvel 3.8% Image .2% Dc) The key to keep playing!! Play at your level (don't think you can one shot the grand master with your 5* R1 KK) , do not compare yourself to the whales. I have two accounts oldest one has descent champs but the newer one. Kabam started handing out 5* like candy compared to when I first started took me almost 2yrs to get a 5*. The newer account has away better 5* roster. Playing at my own pace and take to good and bad mainly bad RGN. Whats the old saying "Expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed!" or is it "Life suck! To be a winner you have to suck harder!"

Grind On!