**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should Content Creators be allowed to showcase “beta champs”

2»

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    The more information the better.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Who_knows said:

Texas_11 said:

Don’t know why it’s bothering me so much, but I can’t help but think that content creators should not be allowed to rank up any champs they want to showcase.

My number one reason is they are able to test champs out and make rank up decisions based on what they have access too. If I was in CCP I would probably be testing all my champs as well, but feels like this ruins a particular element of the game; mainly the idea of exploring a new champ! Especially now when you see someone rank up a champ to R3 and you think they did something unique , but it’s just beta rank up.

One could argue this also helps make their rank up choices easier. But my point is, the game is supposed to be calculated every corner. Now it has become a playground.

How do you guys feel? If I were Kabam I would just give material to rank up the new champ.

Things like someone placing Killmonger on defense for Seatin before his release can't happen anymore
    And he didn't get banned...
    But if I give my password to someone from my alliance, Kabam would ban me without a second though.
    I guess when it comes to Kabam CCP members have more flexibility around the TOS
    He got kicked from the program. But you're right, there's always been mystery surrounding why he didn't get in more trouble.
    I've always wondered that. How can someone else place a killmonger unless he gives them the password? Maybe the perosn who placed it was someone he knew irl maybe?
    Doubt it since in Seatins video he literally says he was at dinner with his GF, with his phone, and the alliance mate placed for him.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

The more information the better.

Pretty much always been my opinion on it. I might not agree with a lot of opinions some of them have but their content is an avenue to get additional information to help either reinforce or modify my own opinions. Being salty about it is laughable really.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,648 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Don’t know why it’s bothering me so much, but I can’t help but think that content creators should not be allowed to rank up any champs they want to showcase.

My number one reason is they are able to test champs out and make rank up decisions based on what they have access too. If I was in CCP I would probably be testing all my champs as well, but feels like this ruins a particular element of the game; mainly the idea of exploring a new champ! Especially now when you see someone rank up a champ to R3 and you think they did something unique , but it’s just beta rank up.

One could argue this also helps make their rank up choices easier. But my point is, the game is supposed to be calculated every corner. Now it has become a playground.

How do you guys feel? If I were Kabam I would just give material to rank up the new champ.

Nah youre just being a 20 IQ simp
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    It’s an advantage plain and simple. We should all have access to the beta server or nobody should.
    MattMan said:

It’s an advantage plain and simple. We should all have access to the beta server or nobody should.

It's not though. You said this before as well have don't have an actual valid reason. They aren't keeping anything from us when they get the champs and all the info is needed in the videos. They don't get the champ for free either. Plus now, it's on a beta server where they can't complete content with the champ for actual rewards. I don't see how it's an advantage at all. Nobody should care as much as you do about the CCP. Just plain stupid.
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 344 ★★★
    whoever is hating on CCP is just being jealous that's all. CCP is just creating more info for the whole community. They do the rank ups so you don't have to , to get disappointed.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Congrats ...ilackskills has featured you in his recent vid with this post ...go check it out
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★

MattMan said:

It's not though. You said this before as well have don't have an actual valid reason. They aren't keeping anything from us when they get the champs and all the info is needed in the videos. They don't get the champ for free either. Plus now, it's on a beta server where they can't complete content with the champ for actual rewards. I don't see how it's an advantage at all. Nobody should care as much as you do about the CCP. Just plain stupid.
    You don’t see how it’s an advantage - so other opinions are invalid? Ok man it’s your world we’re all just living in it.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    MattMan said:

You're still completely wrong about this. You have the same opportunity. Do what you need to do for it or get over it.

Expecting kabam to increase server capacity to handle an entire other test server for the entire community has got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard. The whole everyone gets it or no one gets it thing is just about the epitome of a whiny kid wanting to take his ball and go home bc his team lost and he's off the court.
    Rohit_316 said:

Congrats ...ilackskills has featured you in his recent vid with this post ...go check it out

Ooooff. That's not an honor.
    MattMan said:

MattMan said:

You don’t see how it’s an advantage - so other opinions are invalid? Ok man it’s your world we’re all just living in it.
    Aren't you saying the same by saying all or nothing? Explain in detail how it's advantage. The CCP has been around for going on 3 years if not long and what advantage have you seen that they have? They are all virtually in the same place as they were when they joined which is high tier AQ and AW. Many of them haven't even been able to pull the new champs either from crystals like Warlock for Lagacy and Red Guardian for Seatin (main account). So where's the advantage exactly?
This discussion has been closed.