**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

While I don’t purport to have specific knowledge, the language referring to deals not changing may very well refer to the fact there won’t be Cyber Monday deals—something often asked for and speculated about every year.

I can’t recall specifically, but I think there was a time when there were additional deals on Monday in the past. Someone can check me on that.

As for the deals themselves, the email refers to deals for those “close to becoming Uncollected...Cavalier...or a Thronebreaker.” Whether “close to becoming” modifies all three (in normal grammar, it would) is the critical question.

Would be awfully funny if there are no TB-specific deals...

Dr. Zola

Before they did the multi day whole weekend thing there were fairly underwhelming offers on BF and then the big ticket stuff on CM with both just 24hrs each
  • Options

A new guy in my alliance became Thronebreaker by taking his 6* Juggernaut to rank 3. For his sake, I hope the Thronebreaker deals on friday will be insanely good.

I know quite a few people doing similar rank ups just to get these deals.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

While I don’t purport to have specific knowledge, the language referring to deals not changing may very well refer to the fact there won’t be Cyber Monday deals—something often asked for and speculated about every year.

I can’t recall specifically, but I think there was a time when there were additional deals on Monday in the past. Someone can check me on that.

As for the deals themselves, the email refers to deals for those “close to becoming Uncollected...Cavalier...or a Thronebreaker.” Whether “close to becoming” modifies all three (in normal grammar, it would) is the critical question.

Would be awfully funny if there are no TB-specific deals...

Dr. Zola

Before they did the multi day whole weekend thing there were fairly underwhelming offers on BF and then the big ticket stuff on CM with both just 24hrs each
    Thank you. I was worried my memory failed me. Nice to have another old-timer who remembers things.

Dr. Zola
  • Options

Easy to say DNA when you haven't spent 8 months now spinning 6* after 6* waiting for a decent champ.

It took me longer than that to pull a 6* champ that I'd consider an r3 candidate, and that was Killmonger. The three that most people would consider rank 3 worthy I pulled relatively recently, after *years* of opening 6* crystals.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Easy to say DNA when you haven't spent 8 months now spinning 6* after 6* waiting for a decent champ.

It took me longer than that to pull a 6* champ that I'd consider an r3 candidate, and that was Killmonger. The three that most people would consider rank 3 worthy I pulled relatively recently, after *years* of opening 6* crystals.
    Do you have a R3? You must be close if not. Just curious...

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

That's correct. A few years back there was a Black Friday deal and then a different Cyber Monday deal. Last year they just merged them all and had a single deal that was good for the entire four day weekend. I believe they used the same language last year as they are doing this year, saying the deals won't change during the weekend to signal that they aren't doing two separate deals.

However, last year if you changed progression during the weekend the deals you saw switched to the new progression deals. This was explained last year as the deals themselves didn't change, the player did and they started seeing the deals appropriate to their new progression. But that deals themselves didn't change during the weekend, to distinguish them from the past deals that did change from Friday to Monday.

I'm not saying there's a guarantee that changing progression will unlock the higher deals this year. I'm just saying it happened last year and my recollection is that Kabam described the deals "not changing" in basically the same way.
    Good insight. Time will tell.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

That's correct. A few years back there was a Black Friday deal and then a different Cyber Monday deal. Last year they just merged them all and had a single deal that was good for the entire four day weekend. I believe they used the same language last year as they are doing this year, saying the deals won't change during the weekend to signal that they aren't doing two separate deals.

However, last year if you changed progression during the weekend the deals you saw switched to the new progression deals. This was explained last year as the deals themselves didn't change, the player did and they started seeing the deals appropriate to their new progression. But that deals themselves didn't change during the weekend, to distinguish them from the past deals that did change from Friday to Monday.

I'm not saying there's a guarantee that changing progression will unlock the higher deals this year. I'm just saying it happened last year and my recollection is that Kabam described the deals "not changing" in basically the same way.
    I'm pretty sure this is accurate which is why I said earlier that specification possibly was just in reference to there not being additional offers throughout the weekend. Like you said, it's just speculation based on past instances though
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★

As long as the cavalier offers aren't worse than they were for the 4th of July offers then I'll be happy. I'm sure the Thronebreaker deals will be better than the Cavalier deals, but if the Cavalier deals have to suffer to make the Thronebreaker deals look good then that will be some BS

You can count on that. Its what this company likes to do devalue many things that ppl worked so hard for yet brings something better that only a few can reach
  • Options
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Dr. Zola
    Yep. I ranked up Ghost. Which I'm actually starting to play not like a blind person finally. But I pulled her relatively recently. In fact when the Thronebreaker title was announced I think I had just pulled her and she was sitting at 1/25. The other two rank 3 candidates would be Stealthy and Corvus, both of which I pulled earlier this year.

Maybe Hulk Rag is an r3 candidate, but I myself wouldn't take him up personally. Not bad, just not one I would do.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Didn't say I got my first 6* 8 months ago. Got my first when they first came out years ago. But I've completely given up on this title. I enjoy the game, so will keep playing and hope my luck improves. As for the deals, unfortunately this will be the first time I buy nothing, but hey I save money. Some time next year a decent rank 3 will be the requirement to complete content so I'm saving my 4xt5cc for someone I will actually use. Just feel sad for those making poor rank up choices.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

I'm pretty sure this is accurate which is why I said earlier that specification possibly was just in reference to there not being additional offers throughout the weekend. Like you said, it's just speculation based on past instances though
    I found a pic of the 2019 in-game announcement:

The blue wording appears to be a cut and paste from last year, so it does seem to signify the change from 2018, not a change in the progression thing.

Again, not a guarantee. But this seems to definitely show at least that the wording in the announcement itself is not addressing progression change.
  • Options
    SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Texas_11 said:

I think it will not happen this year. Mainly because they want to emphasize the difference between throne breaker and cavalier this year. I anticipate they will lock deals this year, so a player can’t double dip.

That’s all well and good, and they can emphasize away.

But being a sliver away from a decent R3, if they don’t upgrade offers during the weekend I’ll just put my $$$ in the PS5 piggy bank.

Dr. Zola
    Me getting one of them is still a year away, gotta get all them poor QC consoles out the way first LMAO!!!
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Numerous threads on this that was a big kabam miike said it may not work again. Best bet wait and let us know.

It may not...but Kabam will make significantly less money if it doesnt.
  • Options
    SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    edited November 2020

A new guy in my alliance became Thronebreaker by taking his 6* Juggernaut to rank 3. For his sake, I hope the Thronebreaker deals on friday will be insanely good.

Wow, see... this is making people rank up champs they would never in their right mind rank up.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★

It doesn’t look like it this year. They said in the message that they won’t change or update so I wouldn’t risk missing out on it

They said the same last year iirc. I dont think that's what it means. It just means UC deals wont change, and neither will cav or TB.
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I'm expecting some

CHUNKY

TB stuff after that in-game mail.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Didn't say I got my first 6* 8 months ago. Got my first when they first came out years ago. But I've completely given up on this title. I enjoy the game, so will keep playing and hope my luck improves. As for the deals, unfortunately this will be the first time I buy nothing, but hey I save money. Some time next year a decent rank 3 will be the requirement to complete content so I'm saving my 4xt5cc for someone I will actually use. Just feel sad for those making poor rank up choices.
    I think you should wait until you have a rank 3 candidate you will actually use. But also keep in mind the benefit of rank 3 relative to rank 2 is half the benefit of ranking, say, from rank 1 to rank 2, or ranking a 5* from 2 to 3 to 4 to 5. If Book 2 is any indication, having one good rank 3 is not going to be as helpful as having a diverse set of rank 2s. In terms of performance in actual content, a rank 3 is just a rank 2 with twenty units of boosts.

It is one thing to rank up a rank 2 to rank 3 you might not otherwise want to. But it is another thing to take a rank 1 to rank 3 you wouldn't have even taken to rank 2. The first one is a judgment call, but the second one is I think hampering your future progress, potentially more than the extra Thronebreaker rewards are worth, at least at the moment.
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    I just read the in-game message about Cyber Weekend Deal. What does it mean?

If I purchase some Cavalier-tier deals, then fulfill the thronebreaker requirements, I still can’t receive ThroneBreaker-tier offer right after?

• Options
    Soyheyor123Soyheyor123 Posts: 395 ★★
    edited November 2020

OH MY GOD SEARCH THE FORUMS TO AVOID DUPLICATE THREADS

you don't even need to search, the first 5 options are about this topic (≧▽≦)
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Dr. Zola
    Yep. I ranked up Ghost. Which I'm actually starting to play not like a blind person finally. But I pulled her relatively recently. In fact when the Thronebreaker title was announced I think I had just pulled her and she was sitting at 1/25. The other two rank 3 candidates would be Stealthy and Corvus, both of which I pulled earlier this year.

Maybe Hulk Rag is an r3 candidate, but I myself wouldn't take him up personally. Not bad, just not one I would do.
    Hard to argue with that.

I’m about a crystal away from mutant, and that will go to either Havok or Domino. A bit further from tech and cosmic, and Warlock and CMM are waiting in the queue for those. Further down the line is science, which I imagine would be Cage. Mystic and Skill are non existent.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

Gmonkey said:

Numerous threads on this that was a big kabam miike said it may not work again. Best bet wait and let us know.

It may not...but Kabam will make significantly less money if it doesnt.
    i suspect the number of players who double dip is small enough that it is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. It is probably hundreds of players spending maybe tens of thousands of dollars which is likely less than a tenth of a percent of the revenue they generate during Cyber weekend.
  • Options
    Agree definitely but like many players have 30 x 5/65 for diverse utility. Hopefully they will still be useful for a long time yet.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    that's not what that means. it means the deals themselves won't change. so if the Cav deal has T2A and a Sprite, it won't be adjusted throughout the weekend. you get what you get when the deals hit Friday.

as far as progression goes. the only time progression deals or rewards have made you wait are in regards to the monthly calendar. all other times if you achieve the required progression while a deal is happening, you will then unlock those deals and forfeit access to the progression deals you left (for instance, you'd no longer have access to Cav deal if you gain TB)

upon restarting the game, your new progression deals will show.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Dr. Zola

Hard to argue with that.

I’m about a crystal away from mutant, and that will go to either Havok or Domino. A bit further from tech and cosmic, and Warlock and CMM are waiting in the queue for those. Further down the line is science, which I imagine would be Cage. Mystic and Skill are non existent.

Dr. Zola
    That's a pretty good line up. My next would be either cosmic or science, barring some very weird luck. You'd think Corvus would be an automatic there, but I'm thinking of hanging on for CMM or CGR. Science, there's IW, there's Hulk Rag, and then it gets thin. I doubt I would take either of them up, although I have a soft spot for IW for various reasons. But not that much of a soft spot.
  • Options

Agree definitely but like many players have 30 x 5/65 for diverse utility. Hopefully they will still be useful for a long time yet.

Probably good for Act 6, variants, EQ and at beginning of Act 7. But they are in my opinion the new 4*’s. Time is running out...

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I don't see the reasoning behind being too selective when it comes to choosing an option. Now, I don't exactly mean R3 a Groot, but the whole idea is to achieve it to earn more Resources later on. There are plenty of options that aren't "God Tier/Most Optimal", which will get people farther.