Cyber Weekend Sales Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• PoolBoyRoyPoolBoyRoy Member Posts: 48
    I’m a new player to this game, been playing for about 8 months and I’m on 6.3, right now my focus is getting more 5* to rank 5 and if I’m planning for the future getting 6* to rank 2. But for me these deals don’t seem to even satisfy that requirement and I’m on the lower end of the spectrum of cavalier players. The lack of t5b was disappointing, I would have liked to see more shards in the unit deals, a couple of these offers seemed to be aimed at players with even less developed accounts. I actually feel bad for players who only need to form a t5cc or pull the right champion to become TB. seems like kabam really missed what they should have been focused on. even though it’s unlikely, hoping some last min changes will be made.
  • MattstafariMattstafari Member Posts: 691 ★★★
    Sure, it's disappointing and many people had got their hopes up but, that's life, you don't always get what you want.

Disappointment is a good life lesson, you will have other disappointments. Hopefully, you can manage it better next time.
  • CharuCharu Member Posts: 1
    I was saving money literally for a year to spend today. It would be my first time spending money in MCoC.

Great deception, but at least got to save it.
    Won't be spending a dollar or an Unit today.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★

I mean, I get it. I was wrong too. I thought they would have included some kind of T5CC component for Cav and more for TB. I can admit that. That was my guess. It doesn't mean I'm entitled to what I thought they would do.

July 4 2020 was better than CW 2019, which was better than July 4 2019, which was better than Cyber Monday 2018...

So don’t be confused why people are pissed that 1) Kabam created a stupid progression path to TB and then 2) toned down the deals rather than improved them from July, which is clearly what they had been doing from offer to offer, year to year.

This is a giant middle finger to the players. You can suck up all you want. Doesn’t change a thing.
    Actually, you're comparing without complete information. The Deals ARE better. The ceiling has changed. Thronebreaker didn't exist before. Cavalier did. So you have to compare based on the top-most.
    As for the progression path, something had to be the deciding factor. Not something that was immediately accessible by everyone. In that respect, it's a successful one. It's like saying make another level, but give it to everyone. What's the point?
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Member Posts: 437
    I spat my tea out when I saw the difference between Throne breaker and cav. Needless to say Kabam, I saved a ton of money and can now quite happily trawl the world wide web looking for genuine black friday/cyber Monday deals. I can't thank you enough. My wife also sends her regards as she might get that new tumble dryer after all.👌.
  • VinhThaiVinhThai Member Posts: 5
    I hope to see an additional offer where I can get a T5CC selector. This offer can help a lot of Cavaliers become Thronebrakers.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Member, Guardian Posts: 2,882 Guardian

I mean, I get it. I was wrong too. I thought they would have included some kind of T5CC component for Cav and more for TB. I can admit that. That was my guess. It doesn't mean I'm entitled to what I thought they would do.

July 4 2020 was better than CW 2019, which was better than July 4 2019, which was better than Cyber Monday 2018...

So don’t be confused why people are pissed that 1) Kabam created a stupid progression path to TB and then 2) toned down the deals rather than improved them from July, which is clearly what they had been doing from offer to offer, year to year.

This is a giant middle finger to the players. You can suck up all you want. Doesn’t change a thing.
    Actually, you're comparing without complete information. The Deals ARE better. The ceiling has changed. Thronebreaker didn't exist before. Cavalier did. So you have to compare based on the top-most.
    As for the progression path, something had to be the deciding factor. Not something that was immediately accessible by everyone. In that respect, it's a successful one. It's like saying make another level, but give it to everyone. What's the point?
    They are not better. Don’t be delusional. I didn’t expect to get close to what a thronebreaker got in their offers, what I did expect was atleast 10-20% of a T5cc from my 5k units.
    Never mind though, act 6 compensation and my saved units will be more than enough for a pass of 7.1 and 100% variant 6 over the holidays I think. Unless of course they lock 7.1 behind thronebreaker as well.
    Where did we hear about act6 comp? Did they give an update?

They are not better. Don’t be delusional. I didn’t expect to get close to what a thronebreaker got in their offers, what I did expect was atleast 10-20% of a T5cc from my 5k units.
    Never mind though, act 6 compensation and my saved units will be more than enough for a pass of 7.1 and 100% variant 6 over the holidays I think. Unless of course they lock 7.1 behind thronebreaker as well.
    You apparently ignored the part that I mentioned about the ceiling.
    As for what you expect, I can't speak for that. Expectations usually lead to disappointment.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Member Posts: 600 ★★★
    So glad I didn’t get caught up in the frenzy. I was going to contemplate buying based on the deals, and thankfully don’t have to now. Actually being sincere. I saved money (silver lining in the cloud) and more money available now for gifts in general. Whether it be for the gifting event or in the real world.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Member Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

War_Bird said:

The value of units has even gone WAYY down today. Brian Grant said it best. In his exact words...

I’ve never seen him that sad. I guess this is his vocation, as it were, and hits him harder. It’s just my goofy hobby. But that was a bit heart-rending. And let’s be clear, here, there are a BUNCH of kabam employees that are pissed on his behalf right now. I imagine the design team is on the outs with marketing.
    You can't possibly know how many Kabam folks are mad at other Kabam folks, or even if they are mad at all.
    I bet they aren't even mad or pissed at each other on anyone's behalf.
    At most, they might disagree with the "deals", but that is it.

Everyone that isn't a whale and that actually plays the game is really disappointed in the unit "deals", unless you are a whale that doesn't really care, and just buys everything no matter what.
  • TheExit27TheExit27 Member Posts: 710 ★★★
    I knew that Kabam was going to screw Cavalier players this Cyber Weekend. Even more so, I figured that the item they'd screw Cavalier level on is the T5CC selectors. Why else would they have rushed this progression level with the standard of having a rank 3 6-star?
  • LorddrewLorddrew Member Posts: 297 ★★
    I am bummed out, after playing for months to push for TB, save up units and cash for what seems to be the last bit. I see allot of players with the same problem, did abyss and completion to get the title but avail. I feel sorry for those who have exploration of act 6, they will have it harder. @ Kabam give those who dont need the t5CC more T5CC
    .I'm done, this game wasn't feeling rewarding for a while now. This made the top tier players even higher.

It feels like the honoust players keep getting punished and need to work harder for scraps in every part of the game.

• TypicalGamerTypicalGamer Member Posts: 15
    Not only are the cash offers for cavalier underwhelming, the unit offers are awful for F2P players. Disappointment would be an understatement. Why on earth would cavalier players want t4bc as part of the 1000 unit deal? I already have 10 in overflow.

Not only are the cash offers for cavalier underwhelming, the unit offers are awful for F2P players. Disappointment would be an understatement. Why on earth would cavalier players want t4bc as part of the 1000 unit deal? I already have 10 in overflow.

It's part of the first Offer only. Which you still use them to Rank Champs.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Member Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

You apparently ignored the part that I mentioned about the ceiling.
    As for what you expect, I can't speak for that. Expectations usually lead to disappointment.
    Please, you act like I had unrealistic expectations.
This discussion has been closed.