**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The insanely quick change of the meta in MCOC

BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
Context: I was in AW and was using void. I just saw him in my roster and decided “sure,he’ll do fine” I then remembered how I hadn’t played with void in a long time.(in general) this was because there were just way better options,such as CAIW,Hyperion,Doom,colossus,etc. I then realized how fast the meta in MCOC changed in the last few months Once everyone has themselves a doctor doom,BWCV,warlock,RG,HM,apocalypse,sasquatch,guardian,prof x or any fairly new champion,older champs like void,domino,stark spidey,doctor voodoo,IMIW,etc. Will be eventually forgotten. That’s not to say all older champs will suffer this fate,there’s still old champions that are used in content. Another factor is content like act 6 or act 7. I don’t think anybody is going to use abomination over doom for that content. So,yeah. Leave your thoughts below I guess

Comments

• Options
    1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    BuffBeast said:

Context: I was in AW and was using void. I just saw him in my roster and decided “sure,he’ll do fine” I then remembered how I hadn’t played with void in a long time.(in general) this was because there were just way better options,such as CAIW,Hyperion,Doom,colossus,etc. I then realized how fast the meta in MCOC changed in the last few months Once everyone has themselves a doctor doom,BWCV,warlock,RG,HM,apocalypse,sasquatch,guardian,prof x or any fairly new champion,older champs like void,domino,stark spidey,doctor voodoo,IMIW,etc. Will be eventually forgotten. That’s not to say all older champs will suffer this fate,there’s still old champions that are used in content. Another factor is content like act 6 or act 7. I don’t think anybody is going to use abomination over doom for that content. So,yeah. Leave your thoughts below I guess

They have in the past taken old champs and made them relevant again
    I’ve just recently r5 my void and don’t particularly think I’ll use him all that much but he still has use in circumstances
    They need to make sure to not op some new champ that blows others away but it makes money
    Then they silently nerf them and eventually they’re no longer seen as amazing
  • Options
    I do
    Savage said:

Metas are toxic and bad for the health of the game. Play who you like and who's effective at getting stuff done.

I consider some of that to be true,but it doesn’t matter. Yes I’ll play who I like but I’m not going to use vulture for example to beat the abyss or LOL over Aegon
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Void is my first r5. I don't even have capiw, doom, claire, ht, warlock, nf aegon. I have ST, KM, IMIW, Elsa, SymSup, Venom, VtD. These are the champ I use daily.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Lol, what is the OP on about? If you have "better" champs, then use them. Don't come on the forums to try to impose your subjective ideals/opinions on others. "Old" Champs like void, Hyperion, Magik are some that keep getting more value as the game goes by. I don't know if you've ever heard of "act 6", but nearly everybody who has done at least 50% of it in terms of exploration has one or more of these "old champs" at rank 5. And as for those who have explored it will tell you that they were some of their MVPs. There's some places in act 6 where Void is almost absolutely essential. I haven't seen anywhere in act 6 where I absolutely need "new" champs like Doom or Torch.

Then there's also abyss, and Void is an absolute MVP for the easy path.
    Furthermore, I use my rank 5 max sig Void in AQ, war attack, defense, act 6, Variants, labyrinth (I haven't done Abyss yet), and anywhere I take him to, he absolutely slays!

Could you be more condescending
    Condescending how?
  • Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    Void is a regular on my AW team.

One of our best players still cleans up w Blade/GR/Hyp as his.

Another is amazing w Voodoo, who he uses as a Havok counter.

We bounce between Tier 3 & 4, sit comfortably in Plat4...most of us have a couple 6r3, so “better” options are available, just not necessary.
  • Options
    Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    I use void all the time lol. He is an absolute beast and still useful for so much story content
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    I think the Meta in MCOC is actually pretty slow to change for a mobile game. Like isn't Void and Cap literally 2 years old? In other games 2 year old characters are all literal garbage.
  • Options
    Void is arguably the best champ in AW offence right now. He’s one of a select few that can reliably solo aT1 Thing boss.

Metas are always going to shift or there’s no point in the game existing and Kabam designing new champions. For some there is always going to be a reliable champ that can get through most content pretty well, other champs will discover that they have a few lines of code that makes them amazing at a very specific piece of content that has been released 3 years Later, it’s just how it works.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Lol, what is the OP on about? If you have "better" champs, then use them. Don't come on the forums to try to impose your subjective ideals/opinions on others. "Old" Champs like void, Hyperion, Magik are some that keep getting more value as the game goes by. I don't know if you've ever heard of "act 6", but nearly everybody who has done at least 50% of it in terms of exploration has one or more of these "old champs" at rank 5. And as for those who have explored it will tell you that they were some of their MVPs. There's some places in act 6 where Void is almost absolutely essential. I haven't seen anywhere in act 6 where I absolutely need "new" champs like Doom or Torch.

Then there's also abyss, and Void is an absolute MVP for the easy path.
    Furthermore, I use my rank 5 max sig Void in AQ, war attack, defense, act 6, Variants, labyrinth (I haven't done Abyss yet), and anywhere I take him to, he absolutely slays!

Your overreacting to this so much. All the OP is saying is that there'll come a time when older champs are not as dominant over contest as the newer champs and for the most part he's right. Sure Void was a bad example but still, chill out. Maybe I read the post in a different tone but it doesn't sound to me that he's forcing his opinions on anybody. If anything it's you that's doing that.
    I'm not "forcing my opinions" since most of what I said is common knowledge. Or is there any part of it you disagree with?

It's possible I might have been overreacting a bit either way.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    BuffBeast said:

Meta doesnt always mean new champs. Meta means:

Most effective tactic available.

So over time we have the best counters for the defenders. Also champs like Void and Rulk have a hugh comeback in this War map (not sure if Void was even gone since he was the best counter to IMIW with Flow)

Its just obvious that champs like Warlock Doom and HT become very popular bc they are very good in what they do.

Its has also to do with Stubborn ofc. Kabam wanted to ban or at least cripple Ghost/Quake in War and they did that.
    They are still possible to play but often its not worth it.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Even if I had a 5* Void, I don't think I would use him. I have a 5* R4 Warlock sig 20 and R1 6* Warlock. In regen fights, he's faster than Void.
  • Options
    Adamb208Adamb208 Posts: 152
    I use void in every single AW fight (and I’ve been up to tier 2) and in questing when he’s not locked in. I’d bring him to AQ if I could as well. As others have stated, he has power control, evade control, Regen reversal, critical rating reduction, incinerate immunity, and consistent DOT. In addition to this, he also destroy’s anyone running suicides. Back in the day when IMIW was introduced and causing all sorts of problems for folks, I was soloing him with void because he is that good. In today’s meta, he is one of the best options for stubborn (some might argue the best), rage nodes, permanent heal, etc. And he does this all by himself. Doesn’t need a synergy that make you carry 2 other useless champs along to make him great. The meta hasn’t passed him by, it’s only made him more valuable because of his massive utility.

My only criticism of void’s kit is that the order of his DOTs is random. Sometimes I want that power control up immediately but have to wait through 4 cycles to get it. Other than that, he’s a phenomenal champ. My 5* is maxed and if I ever dupe my 6*, I’ll bring him up too.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

When did Void ever become irrelevant? Been using him consistently forever.

He hasn't and the notion that he has is absurd really.

The only "meta" that shifts quickly is in AW. That's also only the case bc of defender tactics so only T5 and above. There's a whole lot of old champs that are incredibly useful all the way through Act 6, in AQ, in EQ, etc...
  • Options
    SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230
    Void is still relevant, and will likely stay relevant. His mechanics rise above meta, in a sense, and that has no sign of changing. He’s one of the safest rank up choices you can make in the game.
  • Options
    Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★

Lagacy uses Void every week for AW, I’d say he’s playing at a pretty high level. My 6* Void is R3, sig 180 - still relevant.

I’m insanely jealous of your void 😍😍 need to get my 6* awakened then he will go to r3 right away

OP I use my void on a regular basis in war and was doing so when playing in T1. He is one of the champs who has very few bad matchups and can counter a lot of the difficult nodes/ champs out there. He also has one of the biggest health pools in the game along with crazy DOT damage and his utility
  • Options
    Reading all these comments I see that void wasn’t a good example (I took an L,ok) . how about OG black widow. She was one of the better characters earlier on. Now,OGBW is pretty basic in abilities compared to newer skill champs like,NF,Aegon,falcon or soon to be buffed DD. My point wasn’t to say that void is useless. It was to say how older champions will eventually be forgotten because they simply don’t meet the needs to clear new content (Damage,immunities,power control, can beat whatever annoying node kabam comes up with) disagree all you want
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    BuffBeast said:

Reading all these comments I see that void wasn’t a good example (I took an L,ok) . how about OG black widow. She was one of the better characters earlier on. Now,OGBW is pretty basic in abilities compared to newer skill champs like,NF,Aegon,falcon or soon to be buffed DD. My point wasn’t to say that void is useless. It was to say how older champions will eventually be forgotten because they simply don’t meet the needs to clear new content (Damage,immunities,power control, can beat whatever annoying node kabam comes up with) disagree all you want

You think BW being a good character and top option for things 3-4 years ago and not being so anymore is evidence of a quickly changing meta?