**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The ultimate rivalry: Longshot vs Morningstar!

QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
edited November 2020 in General Discussion

So I was recently thinking about how similar these two champions are: both are mystics, both have burst damage on their sp1s and an insane amount on their sp2 when fighting buff heavy opponents and both can buff copy when awakened.

But also, both have different advantages over each other: Longshot doesn't need to ramp up, can do big burst damage on his sp2 without needed buffs on the opponent and does much more sp2 damage. However, Morningstar has immunities, her burst damage is energy damage and not bleed/incinerate so opponent cannot be immune. She also has life steal and unstoppable when ramped up.

So...all in all, who is the better champion? And who would you rather own?

The ultimate rivalry: Longshot vs Morningstar! 136 votes

Longshot
64%
DuMonUSungjAspenNojokejaymDragonMCOCSceptilemaniacHendrossThunderstruck77Moot4LifeBrokenTheHoodedDormammuBuckyBruhTexas_11LmaoColonaut123crossshatterPrylankDjinXva23Meebleton 88 votes
Morningstar
35%
TheManMythLegendnameplasAb_SamadhungryhungrybbqRbk19Warlord5386ScholiaJumpthesharkrdxevilMoosetiptronicRaichu626naikavonRookiieQuattrucciRockypantherxSidDDragonQacobX_Factor_AgentabqberEtjama 48 votes

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Morningstar
    She’s great. The ramp up isn’t that bad (it’s even better once she’s awakened) and her utility is great. Far better than Longshot.
    Morningstar
    Qacob said:

I think Morningstar fully ramped up is undeniably better than Longshot. But after the 5 fights it takes to fully ramp up you will likely already be more or close to halfway through the quest.

I'm not sure though, it's a close one.

4 fights if she’s awakened, and 3 with Guillotine.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Morningstar
    Morningstar has actual utility besides a weak conditional nullify. I’m not a fan of either but Morningstar is the clear winner here
    Morningstar
    Qacob said:

Morningstar has actual utility besides a weak conditional nullify. I’m not a fan of either but Morningstar is the clear winner here

Longshot has passive AAR reduction immunity and 300% base ability accuracy. That's a very niche but very powerful ability.
    Life steal, unstoppable, unblockable sp2, big numbers on the sp1, energy resist, good perfect block chance, (it’s like 50%) some pretty potent Fury, Regen, and Power Gain buffs depending on what the opponent procs.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Morningstar
    Djin said:

Who needs utility if you can finish the fight in few seconds.
    Every champion. That’s an awful argument. I’ve been using Longshot for act 6 progression on my alt, and he is not doing well. He maybe gets used for one fight on a path.

I don’t care how quickly someone can finish the fight if they can’t actually do the fight
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Morningstar

Qacob said:

Longshot has passive AAR reduction immunity and 300% base ability accuracy. That's a very niche but very powerful ability.
    Life steal, unstoppable, unblockable sp2, big numbers on the sp1, energy resist, good perfect block chance, (it’s like 50%) some pretty potent Fury, Regen, and Power Gain buffs depending on what the opponent procs.
    I'm not saying he's better, I haven't yet made up my mind. I was just stating that he does have some utility and not only a weak nullify like rocky said.
    Morningstar
    I mean, I know I would choose Longshot over MS any day to own because I feel passionate hatred towards her animations, but I reckon she is probably a bit better.
    Morningstar
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

I'm not saying he's better, I haven't yet made up my mind. I was just stating that he does have some utility and not only a weak nullify like rocky said.
    It’s a little utility. A dash. A tiny little pinch. Not enough.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,520 ★★★★★
    Longshot

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

When somebody asks you what is understatement, show them this comment here ☝️
    Morningstar
    Unio77 said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Yeah, to be fair spidey, it is quite a bit more than a pinch. He still doesnt compete with her on the utility front though.
    Morningstar
    Unio77 said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

It’s some utility. It isn’t enough to compete with Morningstar. You’re mad if you think it is.
    Morningstar
    Djin said:

Morningstar's rampup is brutal.
    Longshot has immunity to Passive AAR. Means only AAR debuffs effect him.
    Longshot doesn't need opponent to have buffs for damage. Bad Karma do the work of buffs.
    Morningstar has more utility but she needs to be awakened.

I like LS more than MS.

So does Ægon. And loads of other “god tier” champions.

And the opponent doesn’t need buffs for Morningstar’s damage either. Just throw off the sp1.
    Longshot

Unio77 said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

It’s some utility. It isn’t enough to compete with Morningstar. You’re mad if you think it is.
    Never said it was. Plus I never said x is better than x.
    Morningstar
    Unio77 said:

Unio77 said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Never said it was. Plus I never said x is better than x.
    wdym you voted for Longshot
    Longshot
    Just gonna put it out there that Longshot is a great option for 6.2.5 Mordo if your whole team is K.O.
    The node that reduces AAR won't take effect but you'll have to change playstyle to work against Mordo and do not go gentle
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Morningstar
    I have both and MS at 5/65 sig 130 something.

Except in buff heavy, not incinerate immune matches or against blade, she's just better.

However, it's not her ramp up, but her jerky animations and short dash back, that makes her awkward. If she had Medusa's fluidity of animation, I'm relatively confident she'd be widely considered top 3, if not vying with Claire for top 2, mystics.