**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Stuck on Endgame content

I'm at a point where I don't feel like I can complete certain content like 100% Act 6, Abyss, 100% LoL and 100% Variants. Each time I try to go in and knock something out I find myself just having to spend units. I have all the ideal champs to do said content other than Ghost but I'm just not good enough to get it done, so my only option is Unitman. So my question is what exactly do I do? Do I just mindlessly grind units and throw them at all this content? All I do now is login and close the game because there's nothing I'm able to complete due to my lack of skill, I want to keep playing this game because there's so much for me to complete but I simply don't have the skill to beat it. Any suggestions on what to do? Maybe call it quits? Lol

Comments

• MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    Just try and improve, learn things like reparry. You don't have to do any of this right now, you can just take it easy and wait for your skill and roster to improve. I wouldn't recommend doing a lot of unit grinding
  • DadOfThanosDadOfThanos Posts: 37
    zeezee57 said:

Try doing some dry runs and just see how far you get. Maybe take a pause and build up a resource base so you don't end up using units, just on hand items. Sometimes you'll end up just having to use items, hard content just is that way. I just finished 6.2 exploration and I used plenty of items, mostly in 6.2.5, but that's just how it is in that level of content.

Is there any particular champs or nodes that give you trouble or just lack of concentration causing mistakes etc? It might help to narrow down what's causing you trouble to practice that particularly etc.

the huge health pools and attack values are my biggest struggle, I'm not good at long fights because I'm bound to make a mistake and all it takes is one mistake and i'm dead lol
  • BsuGuyBsuGuy Posts: 138
    @DadOfThanos I know exactly where you are because I'm there as well. I have all the neccessary champions (Aegon, Doom, HT, NF...etc) but struggle with the bigger fights. Just keep practicing those longer fights and eventually it will click. I take one small piece of content at a time and keep running it until I can do it without using items (Abyss and LOL excluded).
  • BsuGuyBsuGuy Posts: 138
    Symbiote Supreme will be your best friend against the Medusa boss (if you have him)

• shivam1shivam1 Posts: 87
    @Stark15466 i recently completed act 6 ..
    So i literally remembered each and every fight
    For 6.3.1 use - Killmonger , Sym supreme , Warlock (used his heavy spam) , Nick fury ,
    And i might be missing someone so that's all
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Pick a thing and master it. Depending on roster, I would say variant 4 (easiest), variant 5 (best rewards), variant 3 are all worthy goals, then get into act 6. If you’re worried about TB, don’t beat 6.4.6 until you’ve got 75% of a t5cc that you’re ready to use.
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★

I'm at a point where I don't feel like I can complete certain content like 100% Act 6, Abyss, 100% LoL and 100% Variants. Each time I try to go in and knock something out I find myself just having to spend units. I have all the ideal champs to do said content other than Ghost but I'm just not good enough to get it done, so my only option is Unitman. So my question is what exactly do I do? Do I just mindlessly grind units and throw them at all this content? All I do now is login and close the game because there's nothing I'm able to complete due to my lack of skill, I want to keep playing this game because there's so much for me to complete but I simply don't have the skill to beat it. Any suggestions on what to do? Maybe call it quits? Lol

Like a few others have said your best option is to practice and practice. Go into the content your struggling with, get as far as you can without spending units then back out. Record your fights review them to see where you went wrong and watch some of the YouTube stuff which is out there to get some tips (i would recommend Dorky Lessons as a good starting point)

The content you mentioned isn’t going anywhere so practicing on it is risk free (apart from the energy cost)

I would also suggest posting the specific quest your working on and asking what team people used, you may find there are counters you haven’t thought of out there
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    edited November 2020
    How many units are we talking about? That’s what they’re for after all, none of the endgame content is supposed to be done itemless (unless you’re a mad top banana, and even then look at how long it took him), especially not abyss or lol.

There will be months when I barely touch the permanent content, just doing monthly events and all the alliance stuff with maybe some some arena and incursions. It’s nice to have a few more low-key weeks, and it’s still practice and more shards and rank-up mats that will then make permanent content easier. And sure enough when I try it again a couple months later it’s a lot cheaper and easier.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

On this note, any advice for 6.3.1? Got champion down a couple days ago and have just done v5 100%?

I did 6.3.1 Medusa with a 5* GP at 5/65.
    I wouldn’t recommend her as a great counter tbh.
    Medusa needed a combo of 277 hits to be beaten. It was a really stressful fight, mainly because of the buffet node, that in my opinion needs to be removed from the fight.
    Along with 6.2.5 Mordo boss, these fights are the hardest of the entire act6 imo, and they need to be toned down for the future players to come.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

On this note, any advice for 6.3.1? Got champion down a couple days ago and have just done v5 100%?

I did 6.3.1 Medusa with a 5* GP at 5/65.
    I wouldn’t recommend her as a great counter tbh.
    Medusa needed a combo of 277 hits to be beaten. It was a really stressful fight, mainly because of the buffet node, that in my opinion needs to be removed from the fight.
    Along with 6.2.5 Mordo boss, these fights are the hardest of the entire act6 imo, and they need to be toned down for the future players to come.
    *Basically half of the fights in 6.2.5; 6.2.2 sinister; 6.3.5 Mysterio; do you bleed and clap back gwenpool; the entire gimme path; and many other fights which I can't begin to recall say hi*